PDA

View Full Version : Camel goes home

Filo
Tue Dec 20th, 2005, 10:36 AM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Dec/051220a.htm

Someone with Biaggi's skills usually ends up somewhere, but he is getting old...

green_zx7r
Tue Dec 20th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I think it's time to make room for the new crop, so I see this as a good sign... It's sad to see good talent go, but he had a horrible year last year on the factory ride...

thaitanic
Tue Dec 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM
NORI HAGA

AirAssault
Tue Dec 20th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I always thought Biaggi was kinda a bitch. Seemed to me he whined a lot. He is a good rider though, just a bit of a baby IMHO.

green_zx7r
Wed Dec 21st, 2005, 07:35 AM
Well, Biaggi is known to be the princess/prima donna of GPs. He has a reputation of quickly placing blame on the bike/crew/team when things don't go well...

At this point, it seems none of the manufacturers/teams are considering him. Would love to see him on a superbike, but I doubt his pride will let him.

green_zx7r
Wed Dec 21st, 2005, 07:39 AM
NORI HAGA

Haga's probably not going back to GPs. First, he's already 30 or 31 yrs old. He won't be considered by MotoGP teams since they know they won't get too much out of him. There are older people in GPs, but they have been racing since 125cc. Haga has been mostly on production bikes.
Plus, he didn't do so well there each time he raced in Gps and I don't think the culture fits him. He's happy to be in WSBK, and I bet he'll stick around and win a championship.

I wish the two Suzuki young guns Hopkins and Vermuelen luck next year. Would love to see the GSVR get on the podium in the dry!

thaitanic
Wed Dec 21st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Nori, is still fit and has loads of talent to win GP races. however, you right Nori is better fit in WSBK. i hope he wins championship, he was robbed in 2000. 30 to 31 is still young for racer, but i guess when your racing superbikes, younger guys have the edge. unlesss your Troy Corser

Feathered upstart!
Wed Dec 21st, 2005, 03:24 PM
Nori did a fantastic job last year getting third, I doubt the non factory Yamaha team can take first with the factory backed(and it is dont kid yourselves people)Suzuki of Corser still out there. But he should make an easy second 8)

green_zx7r
Wed Dec 21st, 2005, 08:32 PM
I don't know about that... Haga was coming on hard late season. I think he has a chance to pull it off, especially with Vermeulen off to MotoGPs.

Muggaz is probably too inconsistent. I say Haga's toughest rivals will be Bayliss, Toseland, and Corser. I'm sure Lanzi will shine on some tracks, but I don't see him being a constant championship threat.

Personally, I would love to see Walker pull some podiums on the PSG1 10R.

Also can't wait to see Bayliss throw the 999R around! There are some guys that put on a great show by riding aggressive. Bayliss/Walker/E. Bostrom are my favorites in SBK.

Goofy
Thu Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
The silly gets even sillier :lol:

Translated from DailyMoto.com

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Camel announced it will pull out of MotoGP for next season this past tuesday, looks like a door of hope has opened for the Roman pilot after recieving an offer from Aprilia for him to compete in MotoGP with the Aprilia RS Cube. Giampiero Sacchi was making these statements to La Gazzetta dello Sport: "We already have the bike. With adequate financing and a great rider like Max, we could be on the track in a dignified manner." If he accepted the offer, Biaggi would go back to his roots and success with the Noale brand in 1992 in the 125cc category and the 94-96 quarter liter category. Evidently, the RS Cube is not a competitive motorcycle to win the MotoGP 06 title, but for Biaggi it could mean the possibility of competing one more season in the world's premier motorcyle racing category.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

green_zx7r
Fri Dec 23rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Hmm... Highly doubt the emperor will take the path of Aprilia... The Cube just isn't competitive enough (though it looks great).

I think that would be worse for him to choose that path than to quietly bow out...

He should join the fun in WSBK! :D

Filo
Sat Dec 24th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Hmm... Highly doubt the emperor will take the path of Aprilia... The Cube just isn't competitive enough (though it looks great).

I think that would be worse for him to choose that path than to quietly bow out...

He should join the fun in WSBK! :D

Do not underestimate the power of ego, Kirimoto-san. I doubt Biaggi would stoop so low as to race anything other than MGP. I further believe he would take the Aprilia opportunity because he could then bitch nonstop about everyone elses inadequacies and people would agree with him.

green_zx7r
Sun Dec 25th, 2005, 11:07 AM
:lol: That's definiely one way to look at it.

However, because he has the incredible pride/ego, I actually think he won't take it and maybe just retire...

I would think that him riding a non-competitive machine and being a consistent 12-15th place finisher will be a much more bruiser on his ego than for him to just leave with his current legacy.

Feathered upstart!
Fri Dec 30th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Well, to keep the Max rumor mill turning heres the latest Biaggi to WSBK? he asked rhetorically (http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Dec/051229b.htm)

green_zx7r
Fri Dec 30th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Cool!

If this rumor is true, I think this is great for him. Whether he'll fit into the culture of WSBK is a separate issue, but I think this would be a good spark for the series!

Hmm... Barros and Biaggi coming to WSBK... That's going to be interesting!!!

Let's see how he does on a production four...

Filo
Fri Dec 30th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Let's see how he does on a production four...

I already know how he will do on a production four. Future quote:

"Well, I felt like I could do well here since I have God-like skills but the front end of the bike would not stop chattering. This is mainly due to the suspension being a large piece of sh&t. My grandmother can dial in the front end of a motorcycle better than that semisimian that Suzuki has saddled me with. Also, even though this is a spec tire series, those f*&cking Pirelli guys gave the best tires to Toseland and - what? not Toseland? Ok, well that japanese guy then - the tires I got wouldn't stick to my perfect lines to save their lives. Also that half-wit ape that I have for a crew chief loaded the wrong map into the FI, so I couldn't get off the corners the way I needed. I tried to compensate by braking later, but then the chatter and the sh&tty front end kicked in, and that coupled with the brakes that came off a 1949 Fiat that they saddled me with made that impossible. I could have won that race if it wasn't for the large pile of sh*t that surrounds me. If only I were in a real series like MotoGP, then my talent would not go to waste. Oh, and that shirt you are wearing sucks."

voncon
Sat Dec 31st, 2005, 10:34 AM
I was a HUGE fan of Corser and Walker when they were on the FP1 - mainly because I knew from the team how hard they had to ride those darn things just to get the results they did. Corser obviously had the talent - look at his past and present on other machines. I just know Walker can pull something out, and I would love to see him do it.

What I can't believe is that someone from America can't secure a competitve ride and make us look good. Bostrom had hell last year, and while Mike Hale has just been sitting around waiting for Aprilia to do something -- he could have been honing his skills over seas. I know the guys here want to play with the AMA but seriously --- why fight the Mladin/Suzuki combo hoping he has bad luck? Take the ride across the pond and enjoy the premium raceways of the world!

Oh yeah the thread? I never did like Biaggi -- bye bye Max

Kurt