PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Help

Johnny
Sun Dec 25th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I currently own a 2005 Yamaha R6. I had a 60-shot of N2O on it but I'm not so much a fan of always having to fill my tank up all the time. I have found a couple of places like DR. Turbo that would make a custom turbo kit for about $6000 but thats pretty damn expensive. Is there anyone else who has the knowledge to help me out? :D

Jmetz
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 09:45 AM
You'll shoot your eye out.

Mel
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 10:07 AM
There are several companies who make turbos, but all that I have seen are $4K and up....what are you wanting the turbo for: racing, more street speed, stunting? There are mods you can do to the motor itself to get more power without having to go with nos or turbo.

Keyser Soze
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 10:19 AM
There's a reason you dont see any R6..or any 600's with turbo's slapped on them. Stock power band...add to that turbo lag..only thing your gonna get is top end power where you already have it. Good luck keepin the front end down. :lol: Get a busa...or zx14 if you want straight line speed. The kits they makes for those bikes are insane.

Johnny
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 11:33 AM
There are several companies who make turbos, but all that I have seen are $4K and up....what are you wanting the turbo for: racing, more street speed, stunting? There are mods you can do to the motor itself to get more power without having to go with nos or turbo.
My bike is my life in the summer and I am on it everyday. I cruise around town, go to the mountains, prety much anything. I have become a speed addict. A responsible one though. Since a turbo seems to be out of the question for now, what else could I do to make it faster without puting my nitrous back on?

Mel
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
have your fuel injection re-mapped, shave the heads, internal motor stuff and you can get some decent horse power gains. Look into the same basic stuff that the supersport bikes (race) have. Best bet would be to talk to a race shop (not a dealership), get it dynoed and see what they can do for you; not sure what shops there are in the springs, but there are a few in Denver that build bikes.

Lurch
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Traded it for an R1 or GSXR1000

Lurch

Lel
Mon Dec 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Give me a call at Faster (303) 825 0975 we can do a lot to the bike. We do have a balanced, lightened, stroked crank for your bike (in stock) we could put in w/ little mod that would add some power and give you some more cc's.

lel

Johnny
Tue Dec 27th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Give me a call at Faster (303) 825 0975 we can do a lot to the bike. We do have a balanced, lightened, stroked crank for your bike (in stock) we could put in w/ little mod that would add some power and give you some more cc's.

lel

Ill definatlely give you a call in the next couple weeks :)

NealH
Sun Jan 1st, 2006, 08:54 PM
You'll shoot your eye out.

LOL!

DONO
Tue Jan 10th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Yamaha makes GYT-R stuff for all of their bikes. I know they have plenty of go-fast goodies for slightly older bikes such as thinner head gaskets (similar in power increases as shaving the head and boosting the compression ratio but much much cheaper and less labor intensive!), intake and exhaust cams, velocity stacks, etc. So check out the Yamaha website and see what you can find for your '05. Last time I checked the head gasket was like $100; if you decide to get any of the stuff listed above and need help installing any of it let me know.

L8ter.