PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my bike

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Ok so i take out the bike today, going down the road about 25-30 and i grab a bunch of throtle and it bogs down then all f a sudden BAM im set back in my seat. WTF why would my bike be doing this? It did it all the time i was out today. HELP

UglyDogRacing
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Ok so i take out the bike today, going down the road about 25-30 and i grab a bunch of throtle and it bogs down then all f a sudden BAM im set back in my seat. WTF why would my bike be doing this? It did it all the time i was out today. HELP

Could be a few different things......but it sounds like the TPS could be your culprit.

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 08:14 PM
and the solution would be? Can you help me out? How do i fix the throtle position sensor? Is it an easy fix?

Anonymous
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:17 PM
IF it's the TPS it could be everything from a faulty sensor (it's just a variable resistor with an expensive mounting bracket on it) to just being mounted loose.

It could be any number of things though... What year/model is your bike?

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:18 PM
2000 GSXR750

Anonymous
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Hrm, could be something with the FI computer as well (unlikely though, since when those go they don't typically take their time)... Might be a sensor for the FI to know the engine status, loose connector, wow you have an ambiguous problem. :)

Can you reproduce it, or was this a one time thing?

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:22 PM
nope happens all the time when i goose it

Anonymous
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:24 PM
nope happens all the time when i goose it

Always at the same RPM/condition, or just in general?

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:26 PM
ok when i take off the bike will speed up then bog down the speed up again i usally notice it in first gear the most.

Anonymous
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:32 PM
ok when i take off the bike will speed up then bog down the speed up again i usally notice it in first gear the most.

Hmmmmm...

I'd say start with the TPS like Milehigh suggested. I'm unfamiliar with where yours would be, but follow the throttle cable back, it'll be off of the end of that most likely with some wires hanging off the end. Make sure it's not loose, and make sure the connector is not loose.

Check *every* connector on the bike you can conceivably find, it could very well just be something loose. It could even be an O2 sensor or something stupid like that on the FI side of things, but those don't usually come and go. Intermittent surging sounds like the wires aren't all staying connected, or something is moving like it shouldn't (i.e. TPS).

Could probably help you Saturday, or in the evening this week (my Sunday is all booked up now) if you want help looking at it. Or I have next Friday off too if the weather is nice enough to bring the bike over.

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:35 PM
where do you lie and do you have any instant messenger? we could talk over?

Anonymous
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Just got your PM... I do have IM, but I'm at my g/f's right now so I can't get on there. I live in S Denver, roughly at Florida and Krameria street (in between Colorado and Evans / I-25 and a bit east). Pretty central to most people.

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:40 PM
im off of 225 and illiff close to you?

Anonymous
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 10:45 PM
im off of 225 and illiff close to you?

Ohh yeah you're about 10 min away. Just come down Iliff until after it turns in to Evans (where it does that turn thing at Quebec), go up to Monaco, hang a right. Go past Mexico, take first left. Turn right on Krameria. I'll send you the rest through PM...

When were ya thinkin?

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 20th, 2002, 01:21 PM
so im off the next 10 days, anyone wana give me a hand and take a peek at my motorscooter? I rode the other day and it was not to bad, its like it comes and goes when it wants to. HUMMMM

Anonymous
Fri Dec 20th, 2002, 10:51 PM
I'm still willing to, if you can do it Sunday. I'm staying home this weekend so anytime is fine - except from 3-4 as I have a dog training class, but let's nail something down in case I decide to go riding too (gotta try out my new early xmas present! Gloves! :D) so I know when I can't be gone.

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 20th, 2002, 10:57 PM
sunday would work for me afternoon would be good.

Anonymous
Fri Dec 20th, 2002, 10:59 PM
Can you do about 12:30? I have to leave here at 2:45. That'll give me time to do an early morning ride if I find myself so motivated...

haywood jablome
Fri Dec 20th, 2002, 11:00 PM
yeah where do you live?

Anonymous
Sun Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:21 AM
chad check your PM.