PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Track Day: 1/7

ebazyl
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Just thought I would throw this up here. I talked to the track manager, he said that normal price is $75, but since its winter hours he will do a 1/2 track day for $50. I would assume this applies to everyone that shows up.

Weather.com predicts high of 67 (http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/home/weather/weekend.html?locid=USCO0323&from=36hr_topnav_home)

If you need a ride down there let me know.

Mel
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 02:30 PM
:cry: my bike is still dismantled (and toe is still broken too)

ebazyl
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 02:34 PM
:cry: my bike is still dismantled (and toe is still broken too)

Toe is still broken???? its been how long? :shock:

...let me know if you need bike help

Player 2
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Damnit, I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday...

Damn you for such short notice Gene :321:

Let's try to organize one towards the end of Jan...

ebazyl
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Damnit, I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday...

Damn you for such short notice Gene :321:

Let's try to organize one towards the end of Jan...

Well it all depends on weather, so it looks like it will be good.

Aiiight, well end of Jan I'm might be headed to Albaquerque with Joe, but you are welcome to come along.

Player 2
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I might be up for heading down to NM for a couple... post up more info when it gets closer to that :D

Mac020
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Do you still have to go in to town to pay?

Also what time?

ebazyl
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 05:04 PM
The guy will meet us there at 9:30, so hopefully there will be no going into town.

Mel
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Toe is still broken???? its been how long? :shock:

...let me know if you need bike help

:lol: yeah, still broken (and still can't bend it). Might help if I quit stubbing it and stuff, but hey.
Might need bike help once I get the tensioner...I have actually never done one, and I *think* I have to remove carb to do it, which means I *should* have to re-sync them.

Mac020
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM
The guy will meet us there at 9:30, so hopefully there will be no going into town.

Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try.

-PUCK-
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Ooooooohhh.....I so want to go. Wonder if I get a pass from the wifey... :|

Sparker
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 05:48 PM
so from 9:30 until dusk or whenever its $50?

friscokidd
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
i might be down to go there and play in the dirt :D Any one else interested in a little dirt play while the others play on the road?

Spiderman
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
:think:

Dave
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I’m defiantly thinking track time at Pueblo this weekend. The weather forecast looks fantastic on Friday and good for Saturday as well. Got to love this winter weather, and take advantage of it.

Dave
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Oops- meant to type definitely!

Spiderman
Wed Jan 4th, 2006, 11:35 PM
:think:Cancel that thought. I just rememberd (actually, I was reminded) - SCR tear-down is this Saturday. :|

ebazyl
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 09:05 AM
so from 9:30 until dusk or whenever its $50?

Good quesiton, last time I was there they kicked us out at 5:00. But since its dark anyways by that point, I was not too upset.

Phat-X
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 09:54 AM
So is it $50 for the whole day, or only half a day? Last time I went down their, it was $45 for half a day. Either way, if my brake pads come in before then, I'm going to be there

Mac020
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 10:02 AM
http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/pmiroad.htm

Dave
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Hey Gene,
Count me in for a track day Saturday. And I could be talked into a track day Friday as well!

pg_rider
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 12:31 PM
How funny -- Butterfly and I were just talking about doing this last night. I'll say we're in, but being first-timers to Pueblo (experienced track day riders otherwise) I have a couple questions:

- What are the bike prep requirements? Standard stuff (mirrors off, lights taped, etc)? How stringent is tech?

- Are you on track with cars at the same time? Thought I read this somewhere....

- What's the best route down there from C. Springs? Is it close to the 25?

Spiderman
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM
- What are the bike prep requirements? Standard stuff (mirrors off, lights taped, etc)? How stringent is tech?
As far as I know (I've never had a street bike on there, so I guess I don't), there is no requirements or tech, but please let someone else confirm or correct me on that.

- Are you on track with cars at the same time? Thought I read this somewhere....Not sure what the rules are on that, but as in most open track days, it's possible. Usually, if there are a lot of cars and a lot of bikes, they will split up into sessions.

- What's the best route down there from C. Springs? Is it close to the 25?
Take I-25 to Pueblo, head west on Hwy 50 for about 4-5 miles (past the dealerships, then under the train tracks), turn left at Pueblo Blvd (next intersection), then take the first right into PMI. Follow that road all the way into the track. Be careful crossing the track - look to your right to check for oncoming bikes.

ebazyl
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Dave - I would love to do Friday, but I don't have that day off...however next Friday is a different story.

1. Gene
2. J-Lo (jplracing)
3. Dave
4. PG_rider + Butterfly
5. Phat- X ---- depending on brake pads
6. Mac020 ---- might give it a try
7. Puck ---- Wify pass :lol:

Devil954
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 03:29 PM
If I have time to get tires mounted tomorrow I will be down :D

Dave
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I haven’t been to pueblo much, but on open track days I’ve never seen a tech inspection, and have seen street bikes running laps with riders wearing: helmet, gloves, jacket, jeans and tennis shoes.

The price for each motorcycle rider, to ride a half day, increased the first of the year from $45 to $50.

I just got off the phone with Jay, the track operator/manager, and asked him to open the track for us Saturday about 10am. The temperatures really aren’t decent for riding until about 11. Is that time OK with everyone? Jay actually would like to know exactly what time we're going to begin arriving so who ever opens the track won’t waste any time being there early.

As of now, only motorcycles will be on the track, but this of course can change since it’s an open track day.

Mac020
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Just thought I would throw this up here. I talked to the track manager, he said that normal price is $75, but since its winter hours he will do a 1/2 track day for $50. I would assume this applies to everyone that shows up.

Weather.com predicts high of 67 (http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/home/weather/weekend.html?locid=USCO0323&from=36hr_topnav_home)

If you need a ride down there let me know.

This is from the web page: "Track rental is available on an individual basis. Call ahead for availability. Costs are M/C-1/2 day $45.00, full day $75.00. Cars-1/2 day $60.00, full day $100.00."

Seems like it should be full day for $50.00. Really doesn't matter but I rather pay $45.00 for a half day rather than $50.00 for a half day. I'm confused. Either way I'm there! Be nice to meet some of y'all.

Pueblo is a pretty open track depending on the number of people. Seems like you can run most anything you want. It's mostly for your own safety.
I tape my sh!t up and remove my mirrors cause it makes me go a lot faster!

Bueller
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I'll be there, for maybe sure. :P

Lurch
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I need to fix my exhaust or I could just go MotoGP. Maybe I will finally call Joe tommorow and see if I can use the parts he has to fix my bike.

But then again Gene will want to ride the beast and his hopes of a 06 R6 will be dashed.

Lurch

Devil954
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hey Joe can you bring a set of those warmers down with you so I can check them out

-PUCK-
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Request approved! So i'll definitely be there and i'll be bringing another rider with. :bananna:

PG or Butterfly: You guys can prob hook up with me if you wanna follow someone down to the track. You call me to let me know.

1. Gene
2. J-Lo (jplracing)
3. Dave
4. PG_rider + Butterfly
5. Phat- X ---- depending on brake pads
6. Mac020 ---- might give it a try
7. Puck + another rider

ebazyl
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM
:D

ebazyl
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
But then again Gene will want to ride the beast and his hopes of a 06 R6 will be dashed.

Lurch

:lol: I already rode the beist... hopes still not dashed. :lol:

-PUCK-
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I just got off the phone with Jay, the track operator/manager, and asked him to open the track for us Saturday about 10am. The temperatures really aren’t decent for riding until about 11.

Wait I hope this is a Joke, if not how are you just gonna make the decision to change the time for everybody as to when to show up. :321: I'm calling Jay tomorrow and scheduling back for 9:30. If he wants to honor your commitment that is between you two.

:lol:
Save me a spot....

ebazyl
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Save me a spot....[/quote]

No prob, I'm sure Jay will stick around for a few anyways, while we sign wavers and stuff.

jplracing
Thu Jan 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Joe can you bring a set of those warmers down with you so I can check them out

No problem

Lurch
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 06:49 AM

Lurch

Not at Pueblo.... :twisted:

Lurch

ebazyl
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 08:43 AM

Lurch

Not at Pueblo.... :twisted:

Lurch

:imwithstupid: good point

pg_rider
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
So do we have to prep the bikes at all? Tape the lights, remove the plate, anything?

ebazyl
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Nope, but if you put anti-freeze or glass on the track, you gotta clean it up. :idea:

Phat-X
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 01:37 PM
10 AM as good with me.

Butterfly
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Be aware of slow noob here :hibye:

Mac020
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Be aware of slow noob here :hibye:

Me too (slow). Only I been riding for awhile (35 years all toll, about 6 on a sport bike). :D Just remember to keep your line and don't worry about what's behind you. :321: I'd like to see a no passing on the inside rule. (Like that's gonna happen :roll: ). Get ready to have the $h!t scared outta you when one of the really fast guys blow by. :o

motobum
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
ill be there!!!

ill leave fort collins at like 8:00am

jplracing
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I know Gene has plans to work with a few people as well......

But if there is anyone that is new to the track or new to track riding I will also offer to help out in the AM

Just let me know

Joe

Phat-X
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I've been to Pueblo before, and have done close to two dozen track days, but I would love to have some of the faster guys show me around. I need to learn a lot more before I try to race next season.

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I will be there with a few friends so if you see us say hi.I will be on a red and white 600 rr.

pg_rider
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM

But if there is anyone that is new to the track or new to track riding I will also offer to help out in the AM

Just let me know

Joe
I'll take you up on that. I'm an experienced rider/racer, but I hate learning new tracks. We'll be arriving in a red Ford Ranger with a trailer, and two R1's (black 2005 and silver 2003). Would like to meet up!

jplracing
Fri Jan 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM

Just let me know

Joe
I'll take you up on that. I'm an experienced rider/racer, but I hate learning new tracks. We'll be arriving in a red Ford Ranger with a trailer, and two R1's (black 2005 and silver 2003). Would like to meet up!

Cool, I be on a red aprilia mille MRA number 55

-PUCK-
Sat Jan 7th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Good times today on the track. It was all fun and no bad get offs out there. :up: Nice to meet some new faces today too.
:cheers:

Dave
Sat Jan 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Nice ride today…Fantastic weather…
Ebazyl- Thanks much for the riding critique and tips today!

ebazyl
Sat Jan 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM
:headbang: Today kicked ass! It was awsome riding with everyone.

It was great meeting Dave, COSP600rr.

Dave - any time, next time I'm out we'll go do some more laps

COSP600rr - PM some more info about the video

cosp600rr
Sat Jan 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
It was a great day today. I got some pretty good video of some people so it should be fun to watch.

Hey Gene as soon as I get something I will let you know. I didn't get to much of you so we will have to play around next time.

Phat-X
Sun Jan 8th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Awesome day. Lots of track time, great weather and met new people. Anytime anyone wants to go back I am in.

pg_rider
Sun Jan 8th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Sorry we missed you guys. Put my chain and sprockets on Friday afternoon but couldn't find any place that could push out the master link rivets. :( Sounds like we missed a great day -- looking forward to the next one! How often do you guys go?

Spiderman
Mon Jan 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I was awsome riding with everyone.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Sorry we missed you guys. Put my chain and sprockets on Friday afternoon but couldn't find any place that could push out the master link rivets. :( Sounds like we missed a great day -- looking forward to the next one! How often do you guys go?

That's odd, since almost any bike shop should be able to. I know TK has the special tool, I'd think TFOG and any of the local dealers would be able to do it. That's just basic bike stuff.

pg_rider
Mon Jan 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM

That's odd, since almost any bike shop should be able to. I know TK has the special tool, I'd think TFOG and any of the local dealers would be able to do it. That's just basic bike stuff.
Well, maybe I should have clarified -- all the local shops (C. Springs) closed at 5pm on Friday and didn't open until 9 the next morning. I didn't want to deal with having to go to a shop Saturday morning so we bailed.....

-PUCK-
Mon Jan 9th, 2006, 05:43 PM

:pointlaugh:
Did not catch that....
..fukin Gene. :lol:

ebazyl
Mon Jan 9th, 2006, 10:10 PM

Did not catch that....

Gene --> :slap: <-- Gene

...I gotta start proof reading

Lurch
Tue Jan 10th, 2006, 05:46 AM

Did not catch that....

Gene --&gt; :slap: &lt;-- Gene

...I gotta start proof reading

Well if Gene didn't take out any fences then he was awesome.

Everyone give Gene a hand.... :yay:

Lurch

ebazyl
Tue Jan 10th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Nope no landscaping... :D