PDA

View Full Version : Matris Dampers

Ripper
Sat Nov 1st, 2003, 01:51 AM
I'm liking the Matris M3 or M4, anyone out there have any experience with these?? any feed back is helpful...

http://www.twobros.com/Perf_Products/Steering_Damper/MatrisDampers.shtm

NineTwoFour
Sat Nov 1st, 2003, 10:27 PM
Sorry, no experience with it. But I am interested in any feedback as well. Especially after reading about some of the "quirks" of the Scotts.

The Matris certainly looks trick.

hcr25
Sun Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:36 PM
im not sure who copied who but these look the same to me http://www.1888fastlap.com/extremetech.htm
in my 9 years of racing i have used many kinds of steering dampers
including scotts,ohlins,daytona,storz.i have not tried either of these 2 that look alike!
this year at the AMA national at pikes peak i use a GPR for the first time (http://www.gprstabilizer.com/) while i had not been a big fan of top mount dampers let alone ones like scotts,which i dint like because it had too much initial play from left to right as well as their customer service is lacking. the GPR is the best i have used to date.easy to use,you can change the oil in it to a different weight to give even more stiffness and the best part is the support from GPR.the guys are great!
I liked it so much that GPR dampers are the onlyones we sell
at Morse Custom Fiberglass.
price wise they are the same as the scotts and like$40.00 more then the ones that look the same.
Just my 2 cents worth
Mike Hard Core Racing MRA #25

Quick636
Sun Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:50 PM
I have talked to another zx6r rider that has the matris and said it performs well. I can't speak from personal experience though.

One thing I rear recently is the Scott's damper is actually a dirt bike damper?? I read that it is made by Ohlins originally for dirt bikes and Scott's just rebadges them and sells them as street bike dampers. I was going to go with Scott's next riding season until I rear that.

hcr25
Sun Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:00 PM
i have not heard that ohlins makes them,actually i dont think they do but who knows. as far as the scotts being for the dirt origanally im sure it was.GPR started out the same way.that does not mean they are bad or good for that matter, it is just where they started.
the Matris probably does work well.it kinda depends on what you are looking to get out of a damper.to some people a the stock damper on a gsxr works fine,to a aggressive canyon rider it wont and to a trackday rider or racer it would be dangerous. Mike

Devil954
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:16 AM
I have been using a scotts for a year and have no complaints .

BlueDevil
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 06:45 AM
im not sure who copied who but these look the same to me http://www.1888fastlap.com/extremetech.htm
in my 9 years of racing i have used many kinds of steering dampers
including scotts,ohlins,daytona,storz.i have not tried either of these 2 that look alike!
this year at the AMA national at pikes peak i use a GPR for the first time (http://www.gprstabilizer.com/) while i had not been a big fan of top mount dampers let alone ones like scotts,which i dint like because it had too much initial play from left to right as well as their customer service is lacking. the GPR is the best i have used to date.easy to use,you can change the oil in it to a different weight to give even more stiffness and the best part is the support from GPR.the guys are great!
I liked it so much that GPR dampers are the onlyones we sell
at Morse Custom Fiberglass.
price wise they are the same as the scotts and like$40.00 more then the ones that look the same.
Just my 2 cents worth
Mike Hard Core Racing MRA #25

I am using a GPR on the R6 as well and I have no complaints. Ill agree it is very easy to use. Only had it a couple months but so far thumbs up.

I am using the Ohlins on the R1. Not as easy to use but far more adjustability. I also am very happy with this damper. Made the R1 like a different machine.

Havent used the Matris. Not to many around but Ill agree they look great.

Hoopty
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:47 AM
I have the Matris M3 on the SV, no complaints about it. The SV is not a slap-happy bike to begin with, but it does feel more stable hitting bumps on exits... :) If I had to do it over again, I'd just go with something cheaper, but that's just me. My $100 ghetto-rig special on the CBR seems to work alright too. :)

Ripper
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:53 AM
Thanx everyone,, What "ghetto rip" are you using Hoopty?

Hoopty
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:58 AM
Just something TK Motorsports rigged up to get me past tech inspection. It looks like some kind of stock damper (maybe from a GSXR :? ), mounted with various bits and pieces. I can check it out and let you know... Your bike is all bling-bling though, maybe you need the Matris. ;) I really don't think I'll even need the thing anymore as I'm not planning to race the SV as of now. I may be willing to sell it if you can find a mounting kit for your bike. :) It's the blue one BTW.

Ripper
Thu Nov 6th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Just something TK Motorsports rigged up to get me past tech inspection. It looks like some kind of stock damper (maybe from a GSXR :? ), mounted with various bits and pieces. I can check it out and let you know... Your bike is all bling-bling though, maybe you need the Matris. ;) I really don't think I'll even need the thing anymore as I'm not planning to race the SV as of now. I may be willing to sell it if you can find a mounting kit for your bike. :) It's the blue one BTW.

Thanx Brother!!