PDA

View Full Version : R2SL silent auction volunteers needed

Filo
Sun Jan 15th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Racing 2 Save Lives (R2SL) is looking for your help!

One of the ways that R2SL raises money for charities is by having a silent auction which auctions off donated items from local motorcycle dealers and from national motorcycle equipment or supply companies. Last year R2SL raised over $10,000 with its silent auction alone. We are looking for people to go to companies that they have relationships with to solicit donations for the silent auction. Last year we had helmets, classes with racing schools, leathers, gloves, clothes, bodywork, and more. This year we would like all of that again, plus we are trying to come up with a current sport bike or scooter for a special project. If you would like to help R2SL raise money for children’s charities, please email us at

silentauction AT racing2savelives DOT org.

It does not matter if you only have time or inclination to go to one place – every little bit helps. Please contact us to get the correct forms and guidance before you contact anyone about donations, as we already have people soliciting donation and would like to avoid overlap.

If you are an owner or officer of a company that would like to participate, you are encouraged to email the silent auction also for information on how to participate.

Filo
Mon Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:30 AM
OK people - the response has been underwhelming. I am still looking for people to step up and volunteer to go to local dealers and ask for donations. It isn't that hard. I did 7 dealerships myself last year.

Please step up and take a little time out of your schedule to go and ask your favorite dealer to participate. Most of the dealerships already know about R2SL and are just waiting for someone to come by and pick up something. YOU can do it. If not you, then who will?

FZRguy
Wed Jan 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, we can use your help. If you have contacts at specific motorcycle dealerships or companies, please contact Filo or me and we will get you info and donation forms.

Polar X
Thu Jan 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Send me a form and whatever. I can get you something from Fey's

No problem.

kcneafus@comcast.net

FZRguy
Thu Jan 26th, 2006, 06:19 PM
email sent

Filo
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
It is now the 1st of February. Very, very, very few people have volunteered which is disappointing. We would like to wrap everything up by Feb 28th at the latest, so if you are thinking of volunteering, now is the time. I know a bunch of people here know motorcycle dealers locally (Twin Peaks springs immediately to mind). So c'mon, do it for the kids :)

Email me and tell me you are interested:

silentauction@racing2savelives.org