PDA

View Full Version : 200lb Dumbell Press!!

The Black Knight
Wed Jan 18th, 2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.filecabi.net/video/ronnie-coleman.html

8 Time Mr. Olympia himself Ronnie Coleman pressing 200lb dumbells for reps!! Todays bodybuilders are just monsters.

Wayne Alden
Wed Jan 18th, 2006, 08:25 PM
DAUUUMN!!!!

Mel
Wed Jan 18th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Ok, I like ripped guys and all, but that is just like nasty gross.

Monkey
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I could do that.. with my eyes closed it's all just form

Feathered upstart!
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I wonder if he works out...

McVaaahhh
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 08:13 AM
What a wuss!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I thought a full press was when you're arms are straight. Oh yeah, none of those guys can straighten their arms, or bend over, or squat...

I wonder how they wipe their arses?

The Black Knight
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Kim,

He was getting a full range of motion in his reps. When you've got 200lb dumbells that's alot of weight to be pressing. It may have looked like he wasn't completing the rep but he was. You're not supposed to lock out at the end of your rep anyways. You're supposed to squeeze the muscles to maximum effectiveness, which is just before lockout.

Contrary to what most people think bodybuilders to have most of their range of motion. They may look musclebound, but they can bend over, do squats and so forth. How else do they work out? Don't say its all steriods either, because if you don't train and lift, the roids will make your muscles turn to jelly and you become fat.

Last time I read up on him he does a 2000lb leg press for reps as well. The most I've ever heard anyone doing was Markus Ruhl(also a bodybuilder) leg pressing 3250lbs for 3 to 4 reps. Lee Priest a man who is only 5'4" manages to knock out a 1500lb leg press for reps as well.

I admire bodybuilders/powerlifters for what they do. They show just what the human body can be pushed to, plus they show sheer determination in striving to always build and improve their physique and strength...

Mista Black
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 07:58 PM
there was lady on the base power lifting team when i was in high school in germany who had a combined lift (bench, squat, dead lift) of something around 900lbs... nothing record breaking but not bad for a 120lb lady.

the top power lifters are a hell of a lot stronger than the top body builders. not to be misread as "body builders are pussies" but they are more show where as the power lifters are more raw power.

200lb dumbell presses is damned impressive though!!

The Black Knight
Thu Jan 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah Mista I'm a big fan of powerlifting as well. I always try and catch the World's Strongest Man challenges on ESPN. Well the thing is in this day and age, seems alot of bodybuilders now incorporate powerlifting excercises in their routine for adding mass.

Your right 200lb dumbells are amazing! Shows great control. Combined that would be 400lbs on the barbell, but with both hands and one bar its easier. Not saying I can press 400lbs, but when you break it down to dumbells its takes the other arm out of the equation. Its totally up to both of your arms and pecs as individuals to press the weight.

Bodybuilders lift for adding muscle mass and definition. Powerlifters lift to add strenght. Both can pack on alot of size in short amounts of time.

You do have a few bodybuilders that do train like powerlifters in a sense. Lee Priest only does sets of 6 to 8 reps max. Using very heavy weight. Its the only way he can get himself to grow. Other guys love the blood volume technique of high reps 12 to 20 with somewhat heavy weights, but more used for blood volume growth. Everyone grows differently. For me I favor a more Lee Priest type set up but with a range of 6 to 10 reps.

But I agree 200lbs for reps!! geez!!

Keyser Soze
Fri Jan 20th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Bodybuilders lift for adding muscle mass and definition. Powerlifters lift to add strenght. Both can pack on alot of size in short amounts of time.

And then there's this guy...
http://www.pudzian.pl/foto/229.jpg

Mariusz Pudzianowski. 3 time Worlds Strongest Man winner. Looks like a bodybuilder but can lift more than most powerlifters :bow:

Mista Black
Fri Jan 20th, 2006, 07:54 AM
based on this guys weight of 142kg he'd be lifting in the 125+kg class at the powerlifting comps. the world records for that class are hellacious!!

squat - 457.5kg (1006.5lbs)
bench - 337.5kg (742.5lbs)
d-lift - 408kg (897.6lbs)

best total by an individual - 1147.5kg (2524.5lbs)

that's serious.

the records for our Polish friend are:

(i added the translations...)
* wyciskanie (bench) 335,5 kg
* przysiad (squat) 360 kg
* martwy ciąg (d-lift) 395 kg

total - 1090.5kg

the bottom one is his dead lieft. i think we can assume the man can squat more than he can bench so that'd make the middle one his squat. and the top his bench. no records there for his weight class (if he were a power lifter)... he's not even in the same league on the squat, but damn he's one strong dude!!

Keyser Soze
Fri Jan 20th, 2006, 08:08 AM
I wasn't saying he's the strongest power lifter...I was saying he's a freak. Look at the guys who hold those records. Look at their bodyfat % and muscularity. Pudzian looks like a bodybuilder with powerlifting strength.

Mista Black
Fri Jan 20th, 2006, 08:14 AM
i'm amazed he's so close on the bench!! damn he's only 4.4lbs off the world record... i agree he's a freak!!!!!!! he's not that far off on the dead lift either.