PDA

View Full Version : I may have to rethink my R1 choice...

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Jan 21st, 2006, 08:39 AM
Note that this thing is street legal :shock:

Bueller
Sat Jan 21st, 2006, 08:55 AM
You want an old gixxer? :?

TFOGGuys
Sat Jan 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Anyone who wants to see what an ice ride is like is welcome to come to the 2006 Elephant Ride. More info Here (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Elephant_Ride_2006/)

BTW, we have tons of ice screws in stock. Most folks run dual sport bikes or pure dirt machines, but a few (fool)hardy souls have run cruisers and sportbikes up the hill.

Mista Black
Sun Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:16 AM
This is just Joe's way of breaking the news to everyone... he's gonna get a Beemer, he just doesn't realize it yet. They're plenty fast for the canyons. :D

Bugkiller1
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Thats a picture of Ronnie Smith, test editor for Performance Bike mag. One of the craziest racers ever. He would test how far you could lean a bike over till you would low side then race Isle of Man every year. Ironically killed while aboard a scotter.

JOE!!!!!!
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I see Bugkiller's posted up on Canyon Carving, and think right away, "Oh, he didn't ride this weekend. Did he?" :lol: Sure made me look. Didn't know that pic was Ronnie Smith, I grabbed it off the web somewhere. RIP, man. Sure hope it warms up soon, I'm itchin' over here. My track bike will be down for a while as it gets refurbished, so the new R1 may have to get some laps in...

Bueller
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 04:07 PM
PUEBLO!!!!!!!!

JOE!!!!!!
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 07:48 PM
So far, it's lookin' like 60 for Pueblo on Sunday. I'm seriously thinking about it. Does the gully count as a canyon?

krod
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Shit Joe don't tell me that you bought a yamaha. Say its not true.lol. I might be up for Pueblo

motobum
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 08:52 PM
when???

Bugkiller1
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 07:53 AM
shoot Joe don't tell me that you bought a yamaha. Say its not true.lol. I might be up for Pueblo

Yeah... he got use to seeing my tail pipes and just had to get one... :lol:

No really congrats on the new metal Joe. I saw Nat up at the Conoco a couple weekends age and he told me you got a Raven... can't go wrong there!

If you have room in a trailor Im down for some (warm) track time.

voncon
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 11:25 AM
Bugkiller;

I haven't seen or talked to you in a while.... Sometimes I really miss you guys and the rides. Now a track day for me consists of a TZ250 at Sandia or Arroyo.

The ankle is finally healed up enough to start riding again and I live right by the West Mesa -- so I can train a bit in the dirt. Keep in touch.

Oddly, I never even knew Ronnie had passed. He was so stinking funny, and talented.

Kurt

krod
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 08:38 PM
Bugkiller1 Havn't see any of the old conoco crew in a while been doing the dirt bike thing. I will be at Erie on sunday if the weather holds out give me a call maybe we can meet up.

Bugkiller1
Wed Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
Voncon: always good to hear from you man, If I had an extra sportbike to let you borrow for a ride... why dont you just show up with one of your pocketbikes? ;)

Krod: yeah it's been a while since the weather has made it easy to get up for a ride... although I did see an extended forcast for Sunday looking decent, like high 40's I think. If its sunny and dry you know where to find me.