PDA

View Full Version : Stabil Advertising...

MR2FAST
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
Damn those advertisments, they got me thinking about my MR2 sitting in the gargage and both Lori's and my bike sitting next to it... Should I really be concerned about using this product if I go out and start the motor's every week or so? Is this nessesary for the winter, and what do you do once you start them up again? i.e. do I need to drain the tank or just start it up and run out the old gas? Probably all stupid questions as I should know all these answers but I have never worried about it before. Curse you advertisment people! :guns:

Anonymous
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:55 AM
Just run the old gas at the end of the winter, no problem there.

It's no problem if you run it each week, though why you don't just ride it is beyond me. (cough*pussy*cough) :D

Ripper
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:59 AM
We used stabil at some of the dealerships I've worked at, when summerizing snowmibiles, and winterizing PWC's, the stuff works well, but you really don't need it, Like you said, starting the vechicles from time to time is really all that's needed (I do mine about every three weeks in the winter)

One extra measure you can take is draning the float bowls in you bikes, that's where most of the problems usually occur, The gas will varnish in the float bowls, causing clogged jets and sticky floats.

MR2FAST
Mon Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:10 PM
Just run the old gas at the end of the winter, no problem there.

It's no problem if you run it each week, though why you don't just ride it is beyond me. (cough*pussy*cough) :D

It's not just my bikes, (cough *bigger pussy* cough :321: ) it's also my car... So if the car sits for say 3 to 4 months without starting and it's FI should I still be worried? It just seems that I have never had a problem in the past so I shouldn't worry about it now?! I may not have had any proplems in the past because I do take such good care of my rides, but this year the 2 didn't see much action as I have a family now, so I have really started to think that I should do something.