PDA

View Full Version : Site has been upgraded

rforsythe
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 03:23 PM
You may notice some things looking a bit differently; I've upgraded the code that runs this place this afternoon. Some key differences:

- Chat is currently back to the old version before that got upgraded. I'll be fixing that soon.

- If you used the 'csc' (black) color style, it is currently disabled. Sorry, everyone is stuck with the white/silver one for now. The black template needs to be redone before it will work with the upgrade.

This was a major version change, and fixed a lot of things. It adds some anti-hacker defenses, resyncs your private messages, and a whole bunch of other stuff. But, it looks like we did it without losing anyone's posts or threads. Let me know if you experience functionality issues, otherwise I think it went fairly well.

eaheer
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I like the white and silver color. Looks good.

~Barn~
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
There used to be more "themes", but it got reduced from (I think) 4, to the black one and the silver/white.

I never did quite understand how people used the black one. I couldn't stand it. Either way, I'm down with the white/silver too. Default or not.
:up:

Ghost Rider
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Like it Thought I hit thre wrong Favorite

nat

yoda
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
the white and silver is good now ill hjave to make sure which site im on if its the mhm or the csc both the same now.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Hey if you get 'invalid_session' trying to make a post or something, just log out (you may need to click logout a couple times). Log back in, and everything will be fine.

Unsure if it's just me, since I've been bouncing in and out of the admin stuff for an hour now. If anyone else sees this error message however, just do that to reset your session ID.

Vance
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Hey Ralph - you need to get with BlackJoe over on the other board and have them upgrade - they've been getting hit with more and more board hax lately if you've noticed at all.

Mel
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I like, except for the fact that it requires my birthday and a country flag....I don't wanna share my birthday with you freaks (I shared it and went home with less than I left with :shock:)

rforsythe
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 05:03 PM
waaaaaa

Anyway... Your sigs will look a bit off for a little while. There's a spot in the admin panel where I can tell it not to restrict the text size, but it won't save the settings. Someone else was having the same issue (but not everyone) so I think there's just some commonality in how we both upgraded. Working on it...

Dysco
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Country flag is a requirement? I submit Zimbabwe in protest!

Lel
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 09:13 PM
whats w/ the topic widths though? Post screen is fine; but all tpoics are HUUUGE horizontally

jason

#1Townie
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I like, except for the fact that it requires my birthday and a country flag....I don't wanna share my birthday with you freaks (I shared it and went home with less than I left with :shock:)

hmmmm i may not be able to spell but i figured a way around that one

SPEAKING OF THAT SPELL CHECK

and i thought you guys never thought of me

Devaclis
Mon Jan 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I think Ralph has done a GREAT job of updating the site!!

With that said, I hate having to go through registration again.

Who wants to join my club? Man Heat Munchies...(MhM)

(Good Job Ralph. Now get some damn sleep!)

Dev

rforsythe
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 09:23 AM
whats w/ the topic widths though? Post screen is fine; but all tpoics are HUUUGE horizontally

jason

:wtf:

Looks fine to me!

rforsythe
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 09:37 AM
I dunno what the session-full crap from this morning was about... I emptied the table and it was fine. I will keep an eye on it.

I think part of the upgrade changed how it kept tabs on sessions, so it could just be there was old stuff in there it didn't know how to purge anymore. :dunno:

Sully
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 10:17 AM
I also noticed on the recent topics that it doesn't say which forum category it was posted in :dunno:... ?

rforsythe
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, that was a hack that Bob did a while ago, he's going to have to redo it. The upgrade overwrote most files.

BlueDevil
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 10:49 AM

Not that I put my real info in there anyway but Id agree. Thats BS. Your Bday doesn't need to be on the net unless U choose to publish it. (Sorry to Biotch)

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 11:26 AM
I don't know if it's in the works but, you should turn on the sig lines so peeps just cruzin' by can see all the different team and sponsor info for you guys.

Thank the maker, a spell checker. I hope I look smarter, now. Can, it, help me, with my, punctuation, too?

bulldog
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 08:28 PM
Looks good :up: Thanks for all the work :D :D

bulldog
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 08:45 PM
Is the function, in the avatar area, that showed "joined date" gone? Also I can't see post count either? :dunno:

Spellcheck Rules!!!!!; especially after visiting my auny Mary :siesta:

~Barn~
Tue Jan 31st, 2006, 09:26 PM
Everything seems to be in reasonable working order, but there are a couple features (Bob), that I liked, and would like to see put back on this patch..

One that I liked, was the little icon that would appear next to thread titles, that indicated when you had a post in it. That was(is) a very helpful little indicator, when doing the "...since last visit" view. If I remember right, it looked like a little orange diamond icon, overlayed on the big black diamond that is just to the left of topic titles. It totally eliminated the need to double-think... "Have I been following this one?"

And the other feature that I liked was having the "topic map" or what-have-you.... appearing at both the top and the bottom of a page. You know the..

Colorado Sportbike Club Forum Index » Club & Site » Club News and Announcements » Site has been upgraded
links.

If those can be reactivated, they make navigating much nicer.

Lel
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 12:26 AM
Hmm... im still having the problem.... it looks fine in posting reply, looking in every upper level except in the post itself. I tried on my home computer, laptop and a computer at work... all looks the same. Everything looks fine in the post section, viewing the topics in a forum etc.

However when i click on a topic, its basically not sizing correctly... posted a link to show what I mean... regardless of the topic the width is wierd... as I try to read it i have to scroll back and forth to read a topic; unless i maximize the window; which is super gay.

Yes i use IE (weak i know)

heres the messed up ss (what all content in topics look like) - http://www.leleck.com/upload/cscforum.jpg

reply - http://www.leleck.com/upload/reply.jpg
forums - http://www.leleck.com/upload/forums.jpg

rforsythe
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 09:06 AM
Very strange, Jason... What screen resolution are you running at?

Regarding the sessions full crap, I'm not sure what is causing that yet. Working on it...

Lel
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 09:21 AM
1900X1200 on this laptop. On the home comp i think 2048x1536; 1152x864 on a comp at work.

oh yea... also at this point; on my home comp i cleared all cookies, temp files etc; and on the laptop I cleared the csc cookes, loged out, temp files, etc etc... as well as tried checking topics out of user and logged in as a user; so its not some user setting either.

jason

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 09:52 AM
Navigation Issue:

The thread path is located at the top of each thread:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/csc.jpg

but is not located at the bottom of the thread. You need to scroll to the top to navigate up one level. If I remember right this 'feature' was available in the older version.

rforsythe
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Jason- I don't think it's your cookie, but might be a browser version or something. I dunno yet.

Jeff- Yeah, it's in the list. That was in the old version because we hacked the code to make it so.

Spiderman
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 10:27 AM
I don't have a lot of free time to re-do all the modifications that I had previously done, so (unfortunately) it's going to be a while before we're back to where we were. :|

One that I liked, was the little icon that would appear next to thread titles, that indicated when you had a post in it. That was(is) a very helpful little indicator, when doing the "...since last visit" view. If I remember right, it looked like a little orange diamond icon, overlayed on the big black diamond that is just to the left of topic titles. It totally eliminated the need to double-think... "Have I been following this one?"
I know what you're talking about, and I miss it too. Unfortunately, that wasn't something I added, and I'm not sure if we can get it back. In the meantime, you can do this: View Threads You've Posted On (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/search.php?search_id=egosearch). Click on it, then bookmark it.

And the other feature that I liked was having the "topic map" or what-have-you.... appearing at both the top and the bottom of a page. You know the..

Colorado Sportbike Club Forum Index » Club & Site » Club News and Announcements » Site has been upgraded
links.Once again, not something that I was responsible for, but I too found it useful. I'll see what I can do.

i have to scroll back and forth to read a topic; unless i maximize the window; which is super gay.
Jason, I have similar results, but I don't have to actually maximize to resolve it, but I do have to stretch the window to about 98% of the screen's width. Not sure if it's a desireable solution for you, but try it and see if it helps.

Spiderman
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 10:28 AM
Jeff- Yeah, it's in the list. That was in the old version because we hacked the code to make it so.
:wtf: We did that?

rforsythe
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 10:56 AM
:wtf: We did that?

Pretty sure we did, yeah...

I'll see if I can add it, should just be one carefully placed line of code.

Devaclis
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
I still really like the upgrade. Can you also upgrade the Avatar limit to 640x480?

~Barn~
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 11:21 AM
I still really like the upgrade. Can you also upgrade the Avatar limit to 640x480?

:spit:

BlueDevil
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM
Why dont I have an option to reply until I go log in and havr to go search all over again for the topic I wanted to talk about? That in the works for a fix?

rforsythe
Wed Feb 1st, 2006, 02:59 PM
Dion, we'll add it to the list. I think some things are missing that weren't before, others were changes we made that we'll have to make again.

I think I fixed the session overfill issue, but it will need to run for a while to see for sure. I think something changed in the way the site handles search engines crawling the site, and so the searchers were basically overloading the session table. I put something in that will increase the size of that table up to a point, and if it gets that big it will just start whacking the oldest 50 entries at a time until it's usable again. Should work, in theory... :lol:

Spiderman
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:39 AM

Unfortunately, that wasn't something I added, and I'm not sure if we can get it back.Well, as it turns out, this is something that I coded. :lol: It's back now. 8)

links.This is back now too (I changed its location slightly to try and eliminate word-wrap). 8)

Spiderman
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
I think I fixed the session overfill issue, but it will need to run for a while to see for sure.Nope, it's still broke. :| I ran into it last night when I was testing out some of the stuff I was working on. I deleted the 2 oldest records in there to get around it.

Edit: I just deleted all anonymous sessions - all 439 of them. :|

~Barn~
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the tweaks Bob. :up:

bulldog
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Is the function, in the avatar area, that showed "joined date" gone? Also I can't see post count either? :dunno:

Thanks for answering my question; oh wait you never did :321:

rforsythe
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM

Post count hasn't been there for months.

I see your joined date just fine.

Spiderman
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
We're just ignoring you :P

j/k - didn't see this earlier

I removed post count in the previous version, and was going to do so again, but it seems that post count and joined date have been removed by the new version. It is still visible to Admins (and maybe Moderators).

Spiderman
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
It is still visible to Admins (and maybe Moderators).
Just checked - it's not visible to moderators, just admins.

rforsythe
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
I just changed a cookie setting to help a couple people that were having problems, so you may need to log back in again. I still recommend you do anyway (even if it doesn't ask you) with the following steps:

- Log out first
- Use the my cookies link at the bottom of every page, to delete your site cookie(s) if it (they) exist.
- Log back in.

That's it!

Lel
Thu Feb 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Jason, I have similar results, but I don't have to actually maximize to resolve it, but I do have to stretch the window to about 98% of the screen's width. Not sure if it's a desireable solution for you, but try it and see if it helps.

doh 98% == maximized :) lol i hate having a window bigger than half the screen

jason

bulldog
Fri Feb 3rd, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the answer Bob and Ralph :D

No more post count :? Damn post whores :banghead:

Thanks for all the hard work :up:

Fly boy
Fri Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM
n00b here, you probly already mentioned something about it, but I was testing my settings to see if it was on my machine...

I can't seem to stay logged in like before. Every other time or so I come to the site, I have to log in. I cleared cookies, reset fav's. etc but nothing. Also just today I was in a topic, but opened a new browser and was looking around, when I finally came back to CSC I clicked to go back to General or something, and I had to relog in...

am I the only one haven these troubles? Please PM me if so, so I can fix it.

Thanks
-n00b

rforsythe
Fri Feb 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
I dunno what's up with the login thing yet.

I'm working on performance tuning right now, so you may see periods of unavailability as I restart various services. I think I have the database running faster, but am now working on speeding up the web processes and splitting off the static content to a faster, smaller process to free up memory and CPU for the heavy stuff.

rforsythe
Sun Feb 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Grr. Still working out the 'sessions full' issue apparently.

Mel
Sun Feb 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Hey, issues or not, you and Bob still do a hell of a job keeping up with the site and everything we throw at you to do.

rforsythe
Tue Feb 7th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Ok, I think I have the session problem fixed. The patch "they" suggested was looking at the wrong information to decide when to delete old entries or bump up the sessions table size. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think it's ok now. This may have had something to do with the logout issues (the sessions table is what tracks your logins), so we'll see.

Sully
Fri Feb 10th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Did I miss the part about how the calendar stuff is a day ahead of the actual event??? :( :slap:

rforsythe
Fri Feb 10th, 2006, 11:10 AM
What are you talking about?

Sparker
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 06:09 PM
is the black available yet?

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM
No. I haven't had time to work on it. Sorry.

Sparker
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM
its cool. just wonderin.

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 06:21 PM
If you had the black theme previously, it should automatically be reinstated for you once it becomes available.

rforsythe
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
If you had the black theme previously, it should automatically be reinstated for you once it becomes available.

I dunno about that, they may have to go back in and pick it. We'll find out some day!

Spiderman
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yes it does - I just tested it out (again). ;)

Devaclis
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM

I dunno about that, they may have to go back in and pick it. We'll find out some day!

No, because once you go black, you should never have to go back

Sully
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:31 PM
What are you talking about?

The birthdays on the calendar... if you look in their profile, it says say the 16th, but if you look on the calendar, it's posted on there as the 15th.. ??? :?

Spiderman
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:38 PM
The birthdays on the calendar... if you look in their profile, it says say the 16th, but if you look on the calendar, it's posted on there as the 15th.. ??? :?

Everything looks fine to me (both say the 16th for people today). :dunno:

I did notice that you posted a happy birthday thread for Jenny a day early. :lol:

Sully
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 02:20 PM
On my calendar, I don't show anyone having a birthday today ???? :dunno: :?

Spiderman
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 02:30 PM
This is what I see. Anybody else see different?

Sully
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
This is what I get when I click on the calendar DAY

General Error

Could not obtain topics information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1, 24' at line 25

SELECT t.*, p.poster_id, p.post_username, p.enable_bbcode, p.enable_html, p.enable_smilies, u.username, pt.post_text, pt.bbcode_uid, lp.poster_id AS lp_poster_id, lu.username AS lp_username, lp.post_username AS lp_post_username, lp.post_time AS lp_post_time FROM phpbb_csctopics AS t, phpbb_cscposts AS p, phpbb_cscposts_text AS pt, phpbb_cscusers AS u, phpbb_cscposts AS lp, phpbb_cscusers lu WHERE t.forum_id IN (50, 3, 38, 47, 7, 21, 49, 13, 11, 10, 33, 16, 45, 46, 22, 24, 25, 2, 12, 26, 17, 18, 19, 20, 1, 9, 30, 32, 41, 48, 8) AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND pt.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id AND lp.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND lu.user_id = lp.poster_id AND t.topic_calendar_time < 1140073200 AND t.topic_calendar_repeat = ' ' AND (t.topic_calendar_time + t.topic_calendar_duration) >= 1139986800 AND t.topic_status <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_calendar_time, t.topic_calendar_duration DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT -1, 24

Line : 410
File : functions_calendar.php