PDA

View Full Version : On-board video of my old R1 getting taken out on the highway

pg_rider
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 08:14 AM
So I sold my 99 R1 to a girl in LA before leaving there and moving here. She just got taken out on her commute home yesterday, and as luck would have it she got the whole thing on video! Check it out (right click-save as please):

http://www.ridebehindvideos.com/videos/Accident20060210.wmv

She's more or less okay; not sure about the bike yet. Who knows what the hell caused the guy to swerve like that for no reason. I'm guessing cell phone distraction followed by panic braking...

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 08:54 AM
The first chick to get to the rider was excellent, then some fat head chick came in and wouldn't shut up :D

S2RGRL
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 09:58 AM
:shocked: That's just nuts...i'm glad the girl is okay.

haywood jablome
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I hate to say it but that was perty kool, good keep sake. I wish i had a video of when i crashed!!! Im also glad she is ok. Looks like she hit and did not really go anywhere!

At least she has video for the Ins company and of course her lawyers!!!!!

Dave
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I’m also thankful she’s OK!
That’s some very incriminating video. I’d sure like to know what the car driver’s attorney will state as the reason he braked and swerved out of control…
PG Rider: Thanks for posting, and if possible let us know if tickets were issued, and probably many months from now, the final outcome of this accident.

McVaaahhh
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM
What a god-damn moron. :guns: I'll bet he decided to pull up his e-brake to be cool or something and it just got away from him. I hope that fooker has insurance, and everything gets covered.

I'm glad she is alright, and that she was wearing all of her gear. could have been a lot worse.

pg_rider
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Will certainly keep everyone updated. Here's the original thread if anyone is bored and wants to read:
http://socalsportbikes.info/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=34948

King Nothing
Sat Feb 11th, 2006, 02:52 PM
glad to see that it looks like she will be fine.

dapper
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
:shock:
To minimize the reading for others...
I'm posting what your thinking! :D

"If you haven't yet been in an accident. This is exactly what it's like. Not fun."

"She's going to be okay."

"Listen for these key items:"
1. "OOOOHHHH SH*T!!!!"
2. "Is she okay?!"
3. "She's about to get PAID!!!"

"Hey, rewind to the lady with the low cut shirt!" :D She's a nurse...:p

Her riding gear protection did it's only job.
The guy's a interesting drifter...:rolleyes:

Dawn's Camera Setup:
"Camcorder is a Sony HC42
Bulletcam from www.helmetcamera.com - Sony EX-View 560 with the 2.6mm lens for 120 degree angle of view".
($1400 to Priceless after this instance)

GixxStunna
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:15 AM
nobody has commented on those titties, I gotta say im glad your friend is ok and got some good cleavage shots too :shock: