PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Tuning

FZRguy
Fri Nov 7th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Anyone interested in sharing a suspension tuning DVD? It’s called "Suspension For Mortals" by Traxxion Dynamics. It’s three hours and covers Suspension Basics, Baseline Adjustment, and Performance Evaluation and Dial-In. It costs $50 plus shipping. I figure we could get together at someone’s place and make an event out of it. Or we could pass it around for club members to watch at their convenience (or we can do both).

irdave
Sun Nov 9th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Own it.

Fully worth it. Covers all the basics, and the indepths...

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Nov 9th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Own it.

Fully worth it. Covers all the basics, and the indepths...

I've got a DVD burner :D

FZRguy
Sun Nov 9th, 2003, 10:40 PM
So suspension party at Dave's :D We'll bring the beer...

firefghtr
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 06:35 AM
you bring the beer i'll bring my bike and tools :D

Hoopty
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 08:26 AM
I'm in! :D

yakuza
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 09:39 AM
I've got a DVD burner :D

FWIW

Considering the DVD is sold by a professional suspension tuner that supports the MRA and that part of the sales of the DVD go to the Airfence Fund, I would be extremely dissapointed if any of you were to distribute copies.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 09:50 AM
FWIW

Considering the DVD is sold by a professional suspension tuner that supports the MRA and that part of the sales of the DVD go to the Airfence Fund, I would be extremely dissapointed if any of you were to distribute copies.

I wonder if that guy has ever hit Napster or copied Microsoft Word? I bet he's got at least 2 computers with illegal O.S.'s on them. I don't actually have a DVD burner anyway, it was a joke. My friends do, though :D

yakuza
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 10:12 AM
I don't claim to be perfectly legal with all my copyright stuff, it's just that this hits close to home and supports the sport we all love, and I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the positive aspect of buying a copy of the DVD.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 11:00 AM
I don't claim to be perfectly legal with all my copyright stuff, it's just that this hits close to home and supports the sport we all love, and I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the positive aspect of buying a copy of the DVD.

Yeah, I know, no problem. I just think it's funny how people pick and choose. Among other things, I'm a musician and I write a lot of code - piracy on any level pisses me off big time!!!! Unless, it's too expensive :D

firefghtr
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 05:12 PM
you guys are funny :lol:
sssstop fighting okay :gay:

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
sssstop fighting okay :gay:

Didn't know I was :?

Maybe peeps are missing the fact that my emails show what a hypocrite I am - that's the joke!

Bryce
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 06:30 PM
hel I just cheat and do it the easy way and have Marcus McBain do all my suspension setup way easier just come back in give him feedback and viola it comes around :D

FZRguy
Mon Nov 10th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Don't wanna copy; just watch. And nothing wrong with a little payola for our new best buddy, Dave ;)

irdave
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 03:30 PM
Holy Shit.
I hadn't realized this had become such a big deal- I haven't looked on here for a couple of weeks.

I suppose if you guys want to come up and use Alex's tv (it's big), you'd have to talk to him about it- I don't mind providing the dvd's.

Other things- There's not really much on "rebuilding" suspension. Most of it is tuning and providing the viewer with a vocabulary.

And I have about all the tools one needs- to work on forks, at least... One and 2 person fork spring compressors for upside down forks, big sockets, stands, fork oil gauge, etc... By the end of the summer, I plan on having everything to rebuild aftermarket (Penske, Fox) rear shocks as well.

FZRguy
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 07:38 PM
Dave,

How ‘bout waiting til spring so we can meet up and do some riding before heading up to Ft Collins? Or if we drive up, I might bring my forks for a rebuild. Planning on that anyway and could probably use some help.

ccm84
Tue Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:49 AM
You may not have a dvd burner, but I have one in each of my 2 computers.

Anyone seen the new bumfights?

Nick_Ninja
Tue Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:30 AM
Ya mean RUFUS THE STUNT BUM :D

http://www.bumfights.com/indecline/pics/1.jpg

At a movie-plex near you :lol:

ccm84
Tue Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:35 AM
The new bumfights (Bumfights 2: Bumlife) is hella funny. I also got their new Terrorists, Killers & Middleeast Wackos, now that shit is crazy. Honestly, unless you want to see a dogs head get bit off by a bear then you may not want to watch.

Another good recomendation is FUTV :-)

Here is my tv & stereo w/o rear showing :D :

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/ccm84/rights02.jpg

"Ey Girl...Can you say bling bling?"
- Bling Bling-A Crackhead Near You

irdave
Wed Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:01 AM
If you guys are interested in this, email me. We'll set something up, along with possible fork oil changes/revalves.

dago2 (at) comcast.net