PDA

View Full Version : 2006 St. Patty's Day Parade

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Denver's 44th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade takes place on Saturday March 11th
I don't have our staging time yet, but I imagine it will be around the same as last year (9:00 AM). The parade starts at 10AM.

Update (2/23): I'm pleased to announce that Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.breckbrew.com/food/pubdenver.html) has agreed to sponsor the club's entry in the parade, so there will be no cost to participate! Each participant will once again receive a commemorative t-shirt (to be worn during the parade, over gear, if you so desire). This year we are only doing green shirts. [strike:535b1633b0]I'm working on a sponsorship deal which will hopefully cover all costs, but if that doesn't work out, there may once again be a small fee to participate (around $5 per person). If there is a fee to participate: I will collect it the day of the parade when I hand out the t-shirts, also; the entry fee is non-refundable, even if the weather is horrible - most of that money is going towards the t-shirts, which you will receive regardless if you actually ride in the parade or not.[/strike:535b1633b0]

If you can't participate in the parade with us, make sure to join us for post-parade festivities at Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.breckbrew.com/food/pubdenver.html), located along the parade route at 2220 Blake St. (Northeast corner from Coors Field - click for map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=2220+Blake+st&city=Denv er&state=co&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=0&homesubmit.y=0 )). Hint - Brecks is a great place to watch the parade from, but get there early, as it fills up quick! :D

Because the parade is just over 3 weeks away and t-shirts have to be ordered, [strike:535b1633b0]all entries must be received by 11:59 PM on Friday February 24th.[/strike:535b1633b0] The deadline has been extended - all entries must be received by 11:59 PM on Sunday February 26th.

Important: Participants must carry proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you can't provide it, you won't be allowed to participate in the parade.

Update (2/17): I just found out that Pocketbikes are allowed to be drivien in the parade - this is the only exception to the proof of insurance rule.

Complete details will be distributed by email to registered participants.

If you trailer your bike to the parade, there will be parking near the staging area for your truck and/or trailer.

We are limited to a maximum of 30 bikes. I will be holding 4 spots in a VIP status, pending confirmation from a few people of their attendance. This will be done on a sign-up basis. To sign up, please reply to this thread, but please only do so if you are serious about participating (and braving cold temps in the morning). Don't forget to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them.

Here is the master list:
0. Ralph & Donna (in the truck up front) - L + L
1. Spiderman - XL
2. Paul (CSC co-founder) - XXL
3. Hoopty - L
4. Speedfix - L
5. PiercedTL - XL
6. CBRChick - M
7. Trey - XL
8. Mista Black - XL
9. [strike:535b1633b0]Suki - M[/strike:535b1633b0] - (sick)
10. [strike:535b1633b0]Siate - M[/strike:535b1633b0] - (mom is sick)
11. [strike:535b1633b0]Frisco - L[/strike:535b1633b0] - (has to take care of Suki)
12. Princess - L
13. McVaaahhh - XXL + M
14. [strike:535b1633b0]swademaster - XL[/strike:535b1633b0] - (broken bike)
15. [strike:535b1633b0]Siobhan (sprtbkbabe) - L[/strike:535b1633b0] - (ice/snow on street)
16. [strike:535b1633b0]Marilou - M[/strike:535b1633b0] - (2 sick kids)
17. [strike:535b1633b0]Ashli - M[/strike:535b1633b0] - (soccer)
18. Beotch - XL + Kids Small
19. Scribbler - XL + M
20. Cleveland - XL
21. tnt - L
22. tarbash29 - L + M
23. Christine - S
24. bandido - L
25. SMOKINJOEY - M
26. Kristina - M
27. Speedfix Jr. (Colt) - M
28. Airreed - XL
29. pilot - XL

Alternates:
1. [strike:535b1633b0]BCOD - M[/strike:535b1633b0] - (out of town)
2. bodhi28 - L
3. Tamira - M - ??? (may have to work)

~Barn~
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Once again, the parade is taking place the same day as the Pancrase Nationals. =\

Have fun everybody, and depending on what time our fights end, I'll see if ya'll are still at The Breck, and come join ya!

PiercedDuc
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I'm game :) - t shirt XL

CBRChick
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Post edited by Admin to save space

7. CBRChick (Christine) - L
8. Trey - XL

Mista Black
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Post edited by Admin to save space

9. Mista B - XL

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 01:04 PM
No need to copy the entire list in people - just indicate your interested and give your t-shirt size. I'll update the master list in the 1st post. 8)

Suki
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Hey Bobaroo, what about passengers again this year? Siate had a blast last year and i promised him so long as it's still allowed he could ride in it again either on the back of my bike or alan's.

Put us down please :)

Suki - Medium
Frito Pie - Extra Small, bwahahahaha!!! Large please! :lol:
Siate Latte - Medium - does he need one too if he rides bs?

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Hey Bobaroo, what about passengers again this year?
Don't forget to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them.Passengers have always been allowed. 8)

does he need one too if he rides bs?
Yes, I would like all riders & passengers to be "in costume". 8)

CBRChick
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Hey Bob, you don't have me down for a large t-shirt... do they run big? if so, I'll take a medium then :D

Player 2
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I'm in - Large Tshirt

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Hey Bob, you don't have me down for a large t-shirt... :oops: Fixed.

do they run big? if so, I'll take a medium then :D
They should be the same as last years shirts, if that helps. I don't think they run big (at least not that big), but they are mens shirts. :dunno:

Let me know what you want to do. 8)

Suki
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Hey Bobaroo, what about passengers again this year?
Don't forget to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them.Passengers have always been allowed. 8)

does he need one too if he rides bs?
Yes, I would like all riders & passengers to be "in costume". 8)

:lol: it's because i'm a slant eyed Asian that i didn't see that part of the post, haha, thanks bob!

McVaaahhh
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'm in

shirt - XXL + a Med for my passenger. :boobies:

rforsythe
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Donna and I are in, but we'll be driving the truck this year so don't reserve us a spot for the bikes (unless you need a vehicle spot for that too). I think we're both 'L' shirts.

swademaster
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I'm there

swademaster XL

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I think we're both 'L' shirts.
Could you double-check that for me, plz? :D

sprtbkbabe
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Siobhan = L Tee, please

S2RGRL
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Marilou ~ M

konichd
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Donna and I are in, but we'll be driving the truck this year so don't reserve us a spot for the bikes (unless you need a vehicle spot for that too). I think we're both 'L' shirts.

If you want Ralph you can borrow the ZX-10 if you like? :D

AshliRider44
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 10:12 AM
15. Ashli- (M) I'll definately be in costume again :D
(BTW If someone cant make it I'd be happy to borrow your bike since Dave will be stunting the SV and I WONT be on the back :lol:)
16. Hoopty (L) Stunting I'm sure

Mel
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I'm in. XL shirt, and a XS or sm (if they don't have XS) for passenger.

Mista Black
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 10:50 AM
:wtf: Richard doesnt wear an XS shirt.... :?

Mel
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 10:56 AM
:wtf: Richard doesnt wear an XS shirt.... :?

I never said I was referring to his shirt size :shock: :oops:

Kailea says she wants to go with, so I am gonna set it up to try to make it happen for her, and have Richard along with somewhere in case she gets bored halfway through (though that kid loves attention, so she may be ok).

Suki
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:10 AM
hey mel, maybe dick can carpool siate there too so we can all ride the bikes up there, eh eh, nudge nudge! lol, i think it might be too cold for my bitch ass to actually ride the bike :lol: but if i drive the truck down there with my bike loaded and you need kailea chauffered down let me know.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hey Ralph,

If you wanna ride, I can drive my truck with the banner. I wanna do the parade, just don't wanna risk another clutch.

We could also put people in the back that don't have/want a ride.

Maybe it's a stupid idea, but I could also pull a 20' flat bed trailer with race bikes strapped on and peeps waving like fools... :D

Spiderman
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM
(BTW If someone cant make it I'd be happy to borrow your bike since Dave will be stunting the SV and I WONT be on the back :lol:)
Check with konichd, looks like he's offering a bike up, and I'm pretty sure Ralph is set on driving the truck:

I'm in. XL shirt, and a XS or sm (if they don't have XS) for passenger.
No XS, but they do have kids sizes. You want me to look into that?

Hey Ralph,

If you wanna ride, I can drive my truck with the banner. I wanna do the parade, just don't wanna risk another clutch.Like I said, I'm pretty sure Ralph is set on driving his truck, but I'll let you guys work that out between you two. 8)

We could also put people in the back that don't have/want a ride.That's the plan, regardless of who's truck is up front. :D

Maybe it's a stupid idea, but I could also pull a 20' flat bed trailer with race bikes strapped on and peeps waving like fools... :DTwo things:
1) Does anybody even have a 20' flatbed trailer for us to use?
2) And more importantly, we're only registered for the parade as 1 truck and 30 bikes (no trailer). :|

rforsythe
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the offer, but we'll be in the truck this time so Bob can ride for a change.

Suki
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Maybe it's a stupid idea, but I could also pull a 20' flat bed trailer with race bikes strapped on and peeps waving like fools... :D

i think that'd be an excellent idea actually, maybe get the calendar girls up on there :lol: eh that is if any AREN'T riding their own bikes in the parade. or for laughs some guys can pose as the calendar girls, make it a kid tote and throw all the runts in there, or something.... it can be highschool all over again and we can vote for best improved rider or best ass! (cough, Marilou, cough)

EDIT: nevermind i just saw spidey's response

AshliRider44
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I think I'd be a little skittish on the ZX-10 :oops: dont mean to sound picky or anything, but I'd be alot more comfortable on a 600 or SV... I'm gonna see if our roommate will let me take his SV since he never rides it anyway--- damn I need to buy another bike :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Two things:
1) Does anybody even have a 20' flatbed trailer for us to use?

Ummm, yeah. That's why I offered...

Doesn't make much sense to offer, then have to hunt one down. :D

AshliRider44
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM

i think that'd be an excellent idea actually, maybe get the calendar girls up on there :lol: eh that is if any AREN'T riding their own bikes in the parade. or for laughs some guys can pose as the calendar girls, make it a kid tote and throw all the runts in there, or something.... it can be highschool all over again and we can vote for best improved rider or best ass! (cough, marilou, cough)

:lol:

Spiderman
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Ummm, yeah. That's why I offered...

Doesn't make much sense to offer, then have to hunt one down. :D
I didn't know you had a 20' flatbed trailer. :dunno:

Had you said
... 'I could also pull my 20' flat bed trailer'
instead of
... "I could also pull a 20' flat bed trailer"

well, that would have made a world of difference. :D

Mel
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Spidey: Yes on the kid sizes...I am not sure what the sizes run, but she is 4 now (so something between a 4 and a 6 should be fine).
And Ralph...if you are taking people in the truck, can Richard ride in the back in case kiddo wants to bail off the bike?

Scribbler
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'd like to partcipate this year. XL Tee. May or may not have a passenger (I'll update if I do).

Spiderman
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 07:12 PM
(I'll update if I do).
:up:

Cleveland
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Me too! XL shirt.

PrillerGrrl
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Count me in!

I wear a Men's Medium for T-shirt or Unisex.

See Y'all there.

Katie

Greywolf
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't mind showing off my new wheels. :P Sign me up. As for the shirt, I'm a mens small.

CBRChick
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 07:31 AM
K... make mine a medium bobby boy :D

rforsythe
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Yes, mel.

Spiderman
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I wanna do the parade, just don't wanna risk another clutch.Hey Dean, I just found out that pocketbikes are allowed, if you want to save your clutch. :D

iam4u2nv
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Put me in as tentative - via pocket bike. (I want to give it a good once over to make sure it can take it)
Shirt XXL
Let the cameras try to pass up a shot of a 250+ pound man on a pocket bike - that funny $hit right there.

rforsythe
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I wonder how many pocketbikes will even make it to the end...

iam4u2nv
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Mine (we call it my sons) is a "mid" size and I removed all electric junk and so the only prob I see is overheating or running out of gas. If one does fail it can be tossed in the back of the truck easy enough.

Spiderman
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 01:08 PM
If one does fail it can be tossed in the back of the truck easy enough.
Or towed by another bike! :lol:

Keyser Soze
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Lemme borrow that pocket bike of yours Bob..the TL isn't quite streetable yet

Spiderman
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Lemme borrow that pocket bike of yours Bob..the TL isn't quite streetable yet
:oops: I have to update my thread - the pocketbike is under contract. Sorry. :(

Keyser Soze
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 01:15 PM
:lol: About time you sold that thing

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Hey Dean, I just found out that pocketbikes are allowed, if you want to save your clutch. :D

Damn, that is tempting!! Although, we might be doing the parade with another club we belong to.

FYI - The parade application can be changed just by giving them a call.

Damn, again!! That would be great to have a bunch of pocket bikes. Mine's still wrecked from my buddy on New Years Eve. Damn drunks...

tarbash29
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'm in L shirt for me and M for my passenger

Mel
Fri Feb 17th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Christine (a new Christine to the site) says to tell you she is in, and will get you her shirt size.

Dizzy D
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I am making the executive decision to meet for breakfast like we usually do. Same place as usual...........

Anyone who would like to join us - Village Inn on Colorado & Iowa (Co & I 25) West side of Colorado.

How does 7:00 or 7:30? We can leave at 8:30 to head down to stage?

Mista Black
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 10:34 AM
sounds like a plan to me. last year was a decent turn out for breakfast. :up:

bandido
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Please sign me up.

Spiderman
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Please sign me up.
What size shirt???

CBRChick
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM

I don't think I'll join you all for breakfast this year... after my engine blowing while being there last year... I'm not taking any chances :D :D :D

bandido
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Large please

Thanks

Mista Black
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM

I don't think I'll join you all for breakfast this year... after my engine blowing while being there last year... I'm not taking any chances :D :D :D

that's what the spare bike was for i thought... :?

bandido
Sun Feb 19th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Please sign up my son SMOKINJOEY medium

Thanks

wulf
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Ashli has a naked SV to ride.

iam4u2nv
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm in - we will see if the pocket bike makes it, but its running good for now.

Spiderman
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm in - we will see if the pocket bike makes it, but its running good for now.
8) :up:

Bring mo naked hoes this time, will ya? :lol:

AshliRider44
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Ashli has a naked SV to ride.

Thanks sugar :D
No longer tenative Bob dear :)

rforsythe
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Bring mo naked hoes this time, will ya? :lol:

This is gonna be the best parade ever! :lol:

Ms-iam4u2nv
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 10:59 PM
As far as the pocket bike being "called" our sons--NO. It is our son's. I should be there too but not riding. The 2 of us couldn't fit on the pocket-rocket.

FZRguy
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 01:01 AM
I don’t have a running street bike but I might join the group for breakfast and then watch the parade. That is unless I can ride my dirt bike...it does great wheelies on pavement. :D

BTW, Daytona is the same day.

Spiderman
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 12:53 PM
Spidey: Yes on the kid sizes...I am not sure what the sizes run, but she is 4 now (so something between a 4 and a 6 should be fine).This is what they have for kids sizes:
Sizes: XS(2-4) - S(6-8 ) - M(10-12) - L(14-16) - XL(18-20)

Last year I got a Small for Vanessa. It was big on her then (she was 4), but it fits her pretty well now (still a bit big, but it should last her a while).

One thing to note about the kids shirts - with them being so small, I don't get the back silk screened because the text & logos would be too wide and would wrap around. :(

AshliRider44
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM
Kristina- M

Spiderman
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 01:33 PM
Kristina- M
Kristina, as in

http://www.4horsemenracing.net/friends/images/Kris_head.jpg

?

:D

AshliRider44
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 01:43 PM
Kristina- M
Kristina, as in

http://www.4horsemenracing.net/friends/images/Kris_head.jpg

?

Yes--- :lol: we were talking earlier and I think she said she could do it as long as it wasnt on her sons b-day which is the 18th so......

Suki
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Spidey: Yes on the kid sizes...I am not sure what the sizes run, but she is 4 now (so something between a 4 and a 6 should be fine).This is what they have for kids sizes:
Sizes: XS(2-4) - S(6-8 ) - M(10-12) - L(14-16) - XL(18-20)

Last year I got a Small for Vanessa. It was big on her then (she was 4), but it fits her pretty well now (still a bit big, but it should last her a while).

One thing to note about the kids shirts - with them being so small, I don't get the back silk screened because the text & logos would be too wide and would wrap around. :(

Bobarooney, can you make sure that siate's is an adult's medium so he can beable to wear a hoodie or jacket underneath it, paaaaaalease :D

Spiderman
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 02:46 PM

Suki
Tue Feb 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
"he can beable"???? i think my engrish is gone bad!! :lol:

insert: so "he's able to" .... lol

Scribbler
Wed Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:01 AM
Confirmed I will have a passenger :)

Passenger shirt size Medium.

Spiderman
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
Update: Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.breckbrew.com/food/pubdenver.html) has agreed to sponsor the club's entry in the parade, so there will be no cost to participate! :yay:

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Very nice. :up:

iam4u2nv
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
I was just informed that my boss decided he may take that weekend off, even though I asked over a week ago and it was ok then. I will not be leaving this damn place quick enough.
So not to have to cancel last min. just bump me off now and if I do not end up working I will be up for the after party.

Spiderman
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear that, Josh. :( I was hoping we could have at least a couple of pocket bikes in the parade - that would have been a hoot!

Thanks for the heads up.

Player 2
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
Update: Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.breckbrew.com/food/pubdenver.html) has agreed to sponsor the club's entry in the parade, so there will be no cost to participate! :yay:
Sweeeet! Will there be free beer? :D

Suki
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:03 PM
Hey bob, can we let siate ride the Pdub in the parade since pocket bikes are allowed???? he can do some mad stunna sheyaaat and impress the elementary aged girls **wink wink** :lol:

Player 2
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
I might have a PB that someone could ride if they really wanted...

FZRguy
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Will the parade be over by Noon? The Daytona 200 will be shown live on Speed at 12:00. Hopefully, Breck’s can put it on for us.

Spiderman
Thu Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
There's just 1 spot left to participate in the parade, and time is running out to sign up.

I just spoke to Speedfix (Floyd), and both him and his son will be joining us in the parade this year, on pocketbikes! :D

Sweeeet! Will there be free beer? :D
Sure, but you have to pay for the glass. :P

Hey bob, can we let siate ride the Pdub in the parade since pocket bikes are allowed????:up:

he can do some mad stunna sheyaaat and impress the elementary aged girls **wink wink** :lol::shock: :no: :lol:

Will the parade be over by Noon? The Daytona 200 will be shown live on Speed at 12:00. Hopefully, Breck’s can put it on for us.
Depending on what division we're in, there's a good chance that we will be done by noon (or shortly thereafter), however the parade continues long past noon. Not that it really matters, I don't think Brecks has SpeedTV anyway. :|

Suki
Fri Feb 24th, 2006, 08:08 AM
HOORAY!!!!! he's totally stoked! thanks Bob!

Spiderman
Sat Feb 25th, 2006, 06:17 PM
The deadline to sign-up has been extended - all entries must be received by 11:59 PM on Sunday February 26th.

Hurry - just a couple of spots left!!!

Nick_Ninja
Sat Feb 25th, 2006, 10:43 PM
U R 2 Kind

Don't worry ---- Ron and I will take care of the fort @ The Breck ------- Good luck :D

Airreed
Sat Feb 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Put me and the RC-51 down for a spot.
Note to self don't change the antifreeze the night before....

latas'

Jason

FZRguy
Sun Feb 26th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Don't worry ---- Ron and I will take care of the fort @ The Breck ------- Good luck :D

Surely they have a satellite dish and can get the race. :dunno:

pilot
Sun Feb 26th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Please register "Pilot", that's me, for an XL. :D

Spiderman
Sun Feb 26th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Put me and the RC-51 down for a spot.
What size t-shirt? :?

:no: Comcast, but Ron is looking into see if they have SpeedTV or not

Please register "Pilot", that's me, for an XL. :D

That's it folks - the original sign-up list is full, but if you're still intersted, let me know and I'll add your name to the alternates list (just in case something comes up and somebody can't make it at the last minute).

AshliRider44
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 07:27 AM
I'd say Jason could use a XS :D or a Large :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 12:16 PM
There is a small possibility that I may not be able to attend. Steve (silvbullet) is repainting my fairings from my little *cough*mishap*cough* a couple months back. I wanted it to be purty for the parade. :D I told him that it HAD to be done by next Friday at the latest but sometimes shiot happens.

I won't know if I'll miss the parade until the night before and I may or may-not be close to a computer. I can call you (Bob) or the first alternate on Friday night if you want.

lemme know.

Spiderman
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I'd say Jason could use a XS :D or a Large :)
:lol:
Actually, I just saw that he was on the list for last year's parade and ordered an XL, so I'm getting him the same size (I'm already late getting the order in).

I can call you (Bob) or the first alternate on Friday night if you want.Call me. Do you still have my #?

McVaaahhh
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Call me. Do you still have my #?

Yeah, I've got it. I'll call you that friday, or earlier if I know otherwise, to let you know for sure either way.

I'm 99% positive that Steve is going to get my bike done and I'll be in the parade, but sometimes things just happen.

PrillerGrrl
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Hey Gang,

I'm sorry to do this but I gotta bail on the ride. Gotta work that weekend. If you need me to cover the cost of the T-Shirt, just let me know.

Have fun!

Priller

Greywolf
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 08:59 AM
ooooffffff. I have to cancel. *totally not my style* Let me know what I owe for the t-shirt and where to send $.

sorry...

AshliRider44
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 09:17 AM
You guys are making some alternates happy though :)

Spiderman
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
We don't have any alternates :|

rforsythe
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
How many people are going to be on pocket bikes?

*TNT*
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hey this is tnt and I'd like to join the parade, if possible!! My size is large, thanks and let me know if I get a spot!

AshliRider44
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM
We don't have any alternates :|

Oh :oops:

Spiderman
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM
How many people are going to be on pocket bikes?
2, plus 1 on a PW-80

Spiderman
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hey this is tnt and I'd like to join the parade, if possible!! My size is large, thanks and let me know if I get a spot!
You're in. 8)

rforsythe
Thu Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
I am apparently getting my wisdom teeth pulled the day before the parade. :x I'm not sure what sort of condition this will leave me in. *pondering this...*

BCOD
Fri Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM
Still taking names? I know it's a little late but i don't lurk around here too often. Sign me up as an alternate and a medium if at all possible.

If there's still room let me know at BuiltNotBoughtZJ@hotmail.com

bodhi28
Fri Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
If you are still taking names can you put me on the alternate list thanks sorry for the late notice size large.

Suki
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Bob, do you have another spot available? I've got another interested rider (Tamara) - if so i'll verify what size tee she will need.

Spiderman
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hey Bob, do you have another spot available? I've got another interested rider (Tamara) - if so i'll verify what size tee she will need.
I'm still taking names for the alternates list. T-shirts were ordered last week, based on the sizes in the main list. As it stands now, we do have 1 spot that never got filled, and it technically goes to BCOD, since he was the first to sign-up as an alternate.

I did order 1 extra t-shirt, but it's a size XL, so I'm not sure if/how that's going to play into the equation of determining alternates.

I've added Tamara to the list of alternates. Get me her shirt size please - you never know what's going to happen! 8)

Suki
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM
okie dokie artichokie!

AshliRider44
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 04:01 PM

Hey Suki Suki! Its T-A-M-I-R-A :) Just an FYI ;)

Bob PM Sent

Suki
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM
lol, ahh potato potaaaaatow :lol: thanks ash!!! :)

*TNT*
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hey Spider since is my first parade, where should I go to meet you guys!? Sorry for the question, but thanks!

Spiderman
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 10:58 PM
You can either meet up with the peeps that are meeting for breakfast beforehand (details here (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21429)), or you can just meet up with everybody at the parade staging area (details will be sent out via email tonight). 8)

Spiderman
Mon Mar 6th, 2006, 11:50 PM
The details have been emailed to the participants and alternates. Check your inbox and Junk/Bulk mail folder.

If you are on the participant/alternate list and did not get an email from CoSportbikeClub@hotmail.com with the subject "2006 St. Patrick's Day Parade Details", please let me know.

Thanks 8)

AshliRider44
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Hey Bob the weather isnt looking so good for that day and I know alot of the parade route is in the shade-- if its snowing-- has snowed-- or if its just butt ass cold are you still riding? Just curious what Plan B is just in case I guess :)

McVaaahhh
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Spidey, my bike is going to be done so I'll be in. :up:

fookin weather. :guns:

Spiderman
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hey Bob the weather isnt looking so good for that day and I know alot of the parade route is in the shade-- if its snowing-- has snowed-- or if its just butt ass cold are you still riding? Just curious what Plan B is just in case I guess :)
Currently, I plan on riding... regardless of the weather ... just more carefully, and wearing more layers. :cold: :lol: :D

Spidey, my bike is going to be done so I'll be in. :up::yay: :up:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 10:54 AM
<snip>
:no: Comcast, but Ron is looking into see if they have SpeedTV or not
<snip>

So any word if Brecks will have the Daytona race on their TV set?

Spiderman
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I had Ron check, and he says they do not have SpeedTV as part of their lineup. :(

Suki
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Hey Bob, Tamira said she wears a medium and i let her know she's listed as an alternate. :)

Spiderman
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Hey Bob, Tamira said she wears a medium and i let her know she's listed as an alternate. :)
:up: Could you PM me her email address please, so I can send her the details? 8)

BCOD
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Hey sorry, I can't be attending. I have to leave earlier than I thought for spring break. Please move the next on the alternate list into my spot!

sprtbkbabe
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Take me off the list. Yep, I am a fair weather rider, esp if there's ice still on the ground... I dislike any chance of going tippy, tippy :o

Though, I'll be @ the Breck later on ;)

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USCO0105?begHour=20&begDay=69

bodhi28
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 11:46 AM
These fair weather riders I killing me :cry: . It wont be that bad on saturday morning and most of the roads are already clear. Try riding yesterday in the snow that was fun. I ride everyday unless theres an inch of snow on the ground. I will be there to take the next spot. :guns:

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 11:49 AM
These fair weather riders I killing me :cry: . It wont be that bad on saturday morning and most of the roads are already clear. Try riding yesterday in the snow that was fun. I ride everyday unless theres an inch of snow on the ground. I will be there to take the next spot. :guns:

The problem is that were supposed to get at least another inch or two tomorrow--- that does create a problem for Saturday-- be safe guys! I'll be playing a soccer game in this crap if it makes you feel any better ;)

skeletor29
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
ive got quite a few extra track spikes from college, bring the bikes over and well get those tires studded!

rforsythe
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 12:15 PM

The problem is that were supposed to get at least another inch or two tomorrow--- that does create a problem for Saturday-- be safe guys! I'll be playing a soccer game in this crap if it makes you feel any better ;)

True, however it is supposed to be a rain snow mix, and most of that accumulation will be on grass, not the streets. My guess is Saturday will be chilly, but otherwise ok if you can ride carefully. The parade route will be clean since it's in the city.

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 12:22 PM

True, however it is supposed to be a rain snow mix, and most of that accumulation will be on grass, not the streets. My guess is Saturday will be chilly, but otherwise ok if you can ride carefully. The parade route will be clean since it's in the city.

Suki
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:43 PM
alright but if i accidently give it too much gas, being a newb and all, and the front end comes up on my fat hog fzr i dont want aaaaaaaaaany slack from the marshall. :lol:

I'M JUST KIDDING RALPH!!!!!! :)

Mista Black
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:45 PM
:wtf: it's a fizzer... my bemmer has a better chance of getting the front end up... :lol:

Gee, I bet everyone who has ABS on their bike will be glad for it during the parade huh?? :D

Suki
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:48 PM
yes, thats supposed to be the funny part about it jeffrey, the FAT HOG part meaning even the most EXPERIENCED STUNNA couldn't lift that bitch up!! :lol:

she's a mini beamer but prettier :D doh!

sprtbkbabe
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Um, backing out ONTO snow/ice is my only option, so no, I would rather not :D

If I can get around it, I'll be there

Mel
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 03:03 PM
So, ummm, not to sound like the wuss that I am, but what is the plan for snow? It is a lil dark outside right now, and they are saying snow in the evening, with overnight temps in the 20's which can result in some pretty wicked ice, not to mention freezing ass cold to get to the parade.
Is anyone trucking or trailering their bike to the parade?

Scribbler
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Assuming it's only cold out, and not icey/snow, I'll be riding out from Aurora about 7:30am to go to Village Inn for breakfast. Gotta work tonight so I will hopefully squeeze out 4hrs sleep before then.

Anybody else riding out from Aurora?

Spiderman
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I was originally planning on riding, but...

with my daughter coming (and her being only 5), I'm not comfortable riding there with her on the back (especially considering she's never been on the back with me). I know you (Mel) offered to get her there with Richard & Kailea (thanks again, btw). I was going to coordinate that with you, but I just found out that Tania's got to take Andrew to his roller-hockey game early tomorrow, so she wouldn't be able drop her off...

now I'm thinking I may trailer my bike to the parade.

Mel
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well, let me know Bob....if you still want to ride, we can come pick her up in the morn (I was figuring that is what we would need to do). I am just deading that biting cold at highway speed......

Suki
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
um, we're trucking/trailering the bikes :D

no way in hell i'm riding down in that weather, that's right, i'm a pussy, do i care, fuck no cause i'll have the heater on!!!

Spiderman
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Well, let me know Bob....if you still want to ride, we can come pick her up in the morn (I was figuring that is what we would need to do). I am just deading that biting cold at highway speed......
Were all 3 of you planning on doing the breakfast thing?

swademaster
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I hate to do this, but I am not goning to be able to make it. I have a broken bolt in the rear suspension that I can not get out yet. I thought I could get it out this afternoon before going to work, but no luck. I don't want to rush it and break something else. Hopefully you can still get an alternate to take my place.

Mel
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Were all 3 of you planning on doing the breakfast thing?

Actually, I was thinking of skipping the breakfast thing and letting it warm up for that extra hour before riding :D
We are totally flexible to whatever though.

Spiderman
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I've got something else going on that's complicating things - Paul (csc co-founder) called me today saying it's been snowing since midnight in Cheyenne, so he won't be riding his bike down. I've found him a bike to ride in the parade, so I may just pick it up tonight and trailer them both down tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Mista Black
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Cold... heated grips

Ice... ABS

you'll all low tech!! bet you're wishing you had bemmers now huh!!

sprtbkbabe
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM
bet you're wishing you had bemmers now huh!!

um, still no :roll: :lol:

Bueller
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Are they doing a Demo Derby?

Mista Black
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I would make some disparaging Buell comment, but they're actually starting to grow on me :hangs head:

Bueller
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Feel no shame grasshopper ;)

S2RGRL
Sat Mar 11th, 2006, 07:23 AM

um, still no :roll: :lol:

:imwithstupid: ;) :)

Mel
Sat Mar 11th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Other than the lil bit of cold on the way to (and from) the parade, my daughter and I had a great time.
Now where are the pics?
Also, mcvaaah (I think) has a few shots on his camera that my hubby took...when you get a chance to, will you e-mail the full res versions to me?

Player 2
Sat Mar 11th, 2006, 04:45 PM
If Mcvaaah will email the hi-res pics to me, I'll put them up for everyone to download...

Had a great time today boys and girls! Only took 3 years for me to finally make the parade :lol:

rforsythe
Sat Mar 11th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I have a bunch of pics too, will upload when my face isn't hurting so much.

In the meantime I will create a gallery for the rest of you to upload to.

*TNT*
Mon Mar 13th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Hey everybody I had a blast on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a nice parade and everybody was very cool. My experience was awesome (minus the leak and smoke) :oops: and I have three pictures to add to the board. Unfortunately I had to leave because I work on Saturdays in the afternoons so I'm sorry that I didn't say bye to anybody!!! :( I also have a question: How can I get a sticker with the club logo??? :P