PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Bike Works

konichd
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 03:53 PM
So I found a passenger foot peg bracket on E-bay the other week and it was described to be in "perfect, but used condition". So I bought it since it was right here in CO at Boulder Bike works.

I recieved the foot peg and not only was it half covered in black spraypaint but it was also damaged! I e-mailed them the next day asking for a refund and they said they would as long as I shipped the part back. I shipped it back and they recieved it last Friday, but I still never got a refund. I e-mailed them again and they said they don't give refunds "for parts that aren't broken."

Are you fuckin' kidding me!?!?!?!?!? After they give a false description, promise a refund after I clearly state what the problem was, yet they still screw me over?

I think somebody needs their shop burnt down? :321:

rforsythe
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Let's not go burning the place down just yet.

Have you spoken with the manager, and then the owner about this issue, or just some parts counter guy? You need to climb the chain a bit before calling it quits.

However if you've spoken to the manager and owner, then I think you need to basically lay down the ultimatum that you either get a refund, or a footpeg in the condition they advertised. If that doesn't work, dispute the charges and post your email thread on here. But please try the diplomatic approach first, it could be you were just speaking with an idiot over the phone.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM
We can go pay them a visit if you want.

konichd
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I e-mailed them many times involving this issue. I contacted them via E-bay's "contact seller". So as far as I care I gave them PLENTY of chances to take care of the situation.

I filed a complaint through PayPal so hopefully I will hear something soon so I can get the refund.

Mel
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Just make sure you have saved all your communication with them. You can also file a report through eBay in addition to what you did on PayPal.

rforsythe
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I e-mailed them many times involving this issue. I contacted them via E-bay's "contact seller". So as far as I care I gave them PLENTY of chances to take care of the situation.

I filed a complaint through PayPal so hopefully I will hear something soon so I can get the refund.

Yes, but they're local. Take 30 seconds out of your day and call the manager to sort it out. I doubt you were emailing with anyone other than some sales lacky.

konichd
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I really don't care if their from outerspace. I communicated my concerns and still got screwed.

I took a picture of the barcket before I sent it back and also printed out all the e-mails and the E-Bay posting to show the item was not described accurately.

Spiderman
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I communicated my concerns and still got screwed.
You may have communicated your concerns, but you didn't take advantage of all possible avenues (eg: calling them and speaking to a manager). I had an issue with an ebay purchase I made a couple of years ago, and ebay actually gave me the seller's phone number. I spoke to her and got everything resolved.

Put it this way - assuming it is a sales lacky that you were dealing with (via email), if the manager never finds out, the problem will never go away. Like Ralph said - it doesn't take much time to pick up a phone and give 'em a call.

My $0.02. 8)

dapper
Wed Feb 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM
So I found a passenger foot peg bracket on E-bay the other week and it was described to be in "perfect, but used condition". So I bought it since it was right here in CO at Boulder Bike works.

Bad business ethics can be filed through the BBB besides ebay.
The paint alone damaged the peg from the 'perfect' description. :D

Keep in mind...voice messages and emails don't always make it to the person of interest. I hope they refund your money or send you a new one! If they don't...write them a letter and send the letter requiring a signature so you know they got it.
:idea: I find it's easier to use the BBB online.

BTW: the peg must have been more than $10 for this type of trouble. :roll:

:cheers:

BenDover
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I'm pretty good friends with the owners over there, I do know that that place is a madhouse, as far as parts going in and out, emails, auctions, etc....

I'm not saying that they don't have thier faults, but give them a chance to make it right.

Email me with your auction # and I'll go talk to them and get it straightend out for you. brettfredrickson AT comcast.net

konichd
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks BenDover!

Here is the E-bay info: 02 YAMAHA YZF 1000 YZF1000 R1 LEFT REAR FOOT BRACKET Item number: 4606390382

I paid 30 bucks for the "perfect" passenger peg bracket and even shipped it back on my own accord.

After the auction ended they simply said to send it back for a full refund since I was not happy with the part. I sent it back and when I inquired about why I haven't recieved my refund they told me that they didn't give refunds since "the part is not broken and their is nothing wrong with it"

I could acctually care less about the money, its the whole point of the matter that they say one thing and just think they can get away with screwing someone over.

Dysco
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:16 AM
I've found BBW to be expensive and their service lacking- even when I'm standing right in front of them. A true junkyard...

konichd
Thu Feb 16th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the backup Dysco!

BigE
Mon Feb 20th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I don't know if the same people still own it from when they were actually in Boulder out on North Broadway but back then I went in looking for an exhaust for my bike. Asked the manager at the counter, he tell's me yep, got one and describes what bike it's on, I go out find the bike, look at the pipe go back and ask him about again, asking for him to come take a look but since it was seriously close to a 100 degrees he stayed inside, says yep, that's the bike, if I pull the exhaust (which is on a bike with no wheels and another sitting on top of it) he'll take $100 for it.
So I go out bust my tail in the heat and take the pipe off, walk inside with it and he goes "Oh, I can't sell that pipe for a $100! ya know how much those are new?" To which I replied "Yes, why do you think I'm buying one off a crashed bike!"
Then things went downhill from there. I ended up making them probably an extra $100 since I pulled the pipe off and ended up without it.
I haven't been back since and that was my worst experience ever, bar none, in a retail store.
FWIW, from the looks of some of their ebay auctions I've run across "perfect condition" means it's off the right bike (maybe).

konichd
Wed Mar 1st, 2006, 07:42 AM
I recieved a nice letter from PayPal regarding this situation:

We have concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint. The details of this claim are listed below.

We have decided in your favor, and as a result, have attempted to recover funds from the seller.The maximum amount we were able to recover was $29.99 USD. This amount has been credited to your PayPal account. Please allow up to five business days for this adjustment to be reflected in your PayPal account.

If you are due any additional amount from the seller, we will make our besteffort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

I will celebrate this victory by donating the 30 bucks to a night of drinking at the Breck next Wed the 8th. Ask me for a free beer and we'll see how long the 30 bucks last so get there early and tap me on the shoulder!! :D

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 1st, 2006, 07:52 AM
:up: right on.

Paypal is pretty good about recovering funds. I've had two auctions go bad and file complaints through paypal and got my money back quickly.

:cheers:

Stuart Little
Wed Mar 1st, 2006, 08:44 AM
Hell yes david is buyin me a jager-bomb... to celebrate of course... not so others can take advantage of me in my drunken state