PDA

View Full Version : And you think Denver Rush Hour sucks?

McVaaahhh
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 08:07 AM
:shock: Pretty harrowing ride to the office if you ask me.

Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MtXymQkjs&search=motorcycle)

dapper
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 08:57 AM
:shock: Pretty harrowing ride to the office if you ask me.

Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MtXymQkjs&search=motorcycle)

Rush hour sucks no matter where your at. It’s technically the opposite of the word rush if your not moving.

So what’s the big deal? The rider enjoys tight locations…that sometimes has light at the end of the tunnel with or without fumy conditions…where he gets off at. It is exhausting to ride through traffic at 30 mph let alone above 30 mph like this rider. :roll:

So…has anyone here ever practiced the “overtaking” methods?
:twisted:

Desmo
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 03:47 PM
O, how I miss Japan..

That is normal in Japan, We used to ride like that all the time.. (not that fast) but still motorcycles are expected to split lanes.. and cagers are not asses about it. They are actually courteous about it.
BTW: does anyone know the exact Colorado law which states that splitting lanes is illegal?

Rick T.
Mon Feb 27th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Denver has a Rush Hour? :D :lol:

Anyhow, lanesplitting has easily saved me an hour each time I had to actually do it. Heading back to Monterey from Santa Cruz is a good example. I sat there in traffic for a minute until I realized - I'm not in Denver any longer Toto... then split lanes for 30 minutes until I hit wide open road - then it was smooth all the way to Monterey...

Oh, and yeah... the traffic in Japan is bad - although not quite as bad on Okinawa.

They guy is still nuts though.

DarkKnight
Tue Feb 28th, 2006, 01:58 PM
OMG!

I dont think anyone would stop to help if he caught a mirror or his jacket and went under the wheels of a of trucks. Damn thats a lot of trucks.

NealJB
Fri Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Dear lord! I was exhausted by the end of that video. I kept cringing every time he split two semis. If that's how I got to work each morning, Id need a few beers just to unwind at the beginning of the day!

McVaaahhh
Fri Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
I noticed all the semi's have guards between the wheels. I wonder if that's to keep the lane splitters from going under?

Bat
Fri Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
:shock: makes me glad my commute is just down the hall :yay: