PDA

View Full Version : 2004 St. Patricks' Day Parade

Anonymous
Sun Nov 16th, 2003, 01:23 PM
UPDATE - Final details here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47644#47644

Here is the official list:
1. Spiderman
2. rforsythe
3. CBRChick13
4. Hoopty
5. Airreed
6. Daniel (Lo Lo) Lopez
7. KooLaid
8. Gary N
9. Kim-n-Dean (Kim)
10. Kim-n-Dean (Dean)
11. Frauenheld
12. eaheer
13. eaheer's friend
14. BenDover
15. gixxerjarhead
16. thunderseye
17. Jay636Ninja
18. PONYBOY
19. Gramps
20. Wahooman
21. canuck22
22. Clayton Unruh
23. Trip Rogers
24. Kenny Masterman
25. Aloth600
26. Chris Coston
27. Amazzon
28. Bertha
29. eaheer's friend#2
30. eaheer's friend#3

I will be taking a few stand-by's just in case...

Stand-by list:

Original post follows:
Just wanted to keep everybody informed on what's going on...

Yesterday I received the entry form for the 2004 St. Patrick's Day parade. It seems that the Parade committee has changed the fee structure for parade entries this year, with a big financial impact to vehicles (that means us :| ).

This past year, we were allowed up to 30 bikes to ride as one entry in the parade (for a total fee of $35). For next year, they've restructured their entry fees so a single entry now costs $45, and has a limit of 5 vechicles, with a $10 charge per additional vehicle.

I called the parade committee last night and left a message asking if the limits and costs also applied to motorcycles, since they are so much smaller than cars. I'll let you know what I find out.

My idea (posted as a poll in General) of charging an entry fee of $10 and providing t-shirts is now out the window. I would still love to have everybody wearing matching green t-shirts, but that would almost double the cost (I could probably knock $1 or $2 off the price of the shirt). I was hoping to use the profit from the shirts to help pay for the parade entry fee (which I've paid out of my pocket the past 2 years).

So, I guess there is going to be an entry fee to participate, and there probably won't be shirts included in that price. :( But I'll see if there's anything I can do about that... :idea:

Vance
Sun Nov 16th, 2003, 09:11 PM
One way or another - even if I have to be a paying participant, count me in as representing (naturally this is presumtive the weather will permit participation as I glance into my future viewing vessal of... oh wait, that's just milk. Nevermind). Yeah... count me in as good to go fee or not weather permitting.

Wahooman
Sun Nov 16th, 2003, 10:45 PM
I would still be down to represent CSC depending on the weather as said above and the turnout of everyone else. DOn't think it would be too much fun riding down by myself :lol:
Keep us posted Bob.... :up:

Anonymous
Mon Nov 17th, 2003, 11:38 AM
I'm down for it, either way...

Dysco
Mon Nov 17th, 2003, 04:07 PM
I'm in regardless. I'll also be the official snow rep again.

Anonymous
Tue Nov 18th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I just spoke to a representative of the parade committee and discussed our concerns with her. She will be posing these questions to the board on Thursday night. I should have an answer by Friday. I'll let you know what I find out.

MR2FAST
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Count me and Lori in!!! (2 bikes)

Anonymous
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Umm, Trav, does Lori know about this?

She should be, what, 6 months pregnant by then? I don't think her OBGYN will approve. :no:

MR2FAST
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Umm, Trav, does Lori know about this?

She should be, what, 6 months pregnant by then? I don't think her OBGYN will approve. :no:
Damn it! Ok, we are out! It was early in the morning when I wrote that and wasn't thinking 3/4 months in the future. :roll:

haywood jablome
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Well since im out a bike, and even if i had a bike i could not ride the damn thing. Would you want a car in the procession? I could pass out flyers and try to sell t-shirts out the trunk while we are in the praide and before the start and after the parade. I have a perty nice can 2002 Grand am SCT black with dark tint and a booming stero system. You guys could also store all your gear in the back seat. I could but the banner on my back window. I think we could make this work and it would look PIMP!!!!! Let me know what you think. Chad

Anonymous
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Hey chad maybe we can borrow a convertible, and you can sit in there with something skimpy on waving to the guys (you do it already anyway right?)... :D You wanna ride bitch? You can be my little news reporter for the day. ;) :lol:

Chad I may have a bike for you, I'm trying to get my racebike good to ride by then, if I do then I'll have the superchicken if you want to twist that one.

haywood jablome
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I dont know if i will be able to. If me shoulded does not start healing i dont know if ill be able to ride a bike. I will have to wait and see when the time comes.

Anonymous
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks Chad, but I was already planning on using my truck to sport the banner and lead the whole thing (with my bike in the back, of course :D ). I figured that way I could bring the kids and save $50 in babysitting.

Dysco
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Hey Chad- You can ride my xt350 if your shoulder's up to it. It's pretty upright so it won't hurt as much.

haywood jablome
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 11:13 AM
thanks for all the offers. This is all going to depend on how i am healed by then. I appricate all the LOVE!!!!! Thanks again. Chad

Anonymous
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks Chad, but I was already planning on using my truck to sport the banner and lead the whole thing (with my bike in the back, of course :D ). I figured that way I could bring the kids and save $50 in babysitting.

Maybe chad can just sit on your bike and make vroomy noises while you drive? :lol:

haywood jablome
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 11:19 AM
I could do that. Can i wear a cape too

Anonymous
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Well I got the news a few days ago but forgot to post it right away. The parade committee won't budge on the price. :( :x

There is a good possibility that, for 2005, this pricing rule will be revisited & (hopefully) revised.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and find a way to help pay for the entry fees.

Initially, I was thinking we might be able to get enough people for 2 entries, (that was before I found out that they boosted the cost over 700%), but when speaking with the committee rep, she said that if we had 2 entries, they'd be split up within the parade, and I'm not interested in that. We'd still be allowed 30 bikes in one entry, so I'm going to target for that.

Gramps
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 09:48 AM
I haven't read the whole post but at one time we thought we could add vehicles for 10 bucks. Does that still apply?

If it does then , i don't think $10 is a big deal.

Is the registration fee still $35?

Anonymous
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 09:53 AM
I haven't read the whole post but at one time we thought we could add vehicles for 10 bucks. Does that still apply?

If it does then , i don't think $10 is a big deal.

Is the registration fee still $35?It's gone up to $45, and includes 5 vehicles, with $10 per additional vehicle.

$10 isn't bad, but I was thinking on getting t-shirts made, and the cost on those is about $10 each, which if we were going to put all of the cost on the participants, we're looking at nearly $20 per person.

Quick636
Sun Dec 7th, 2003, 05:05 PM
I'd put up 20 bucks to ride in the parade, t-shirt or not... :yes:

Gramps
Sun Dec 7th, 2003, 05:42 PM
i'm with ya j

20 bucks ain't bad and today was a lot of fun

:D

Buddau
Sat Jan 24th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I spent more thatn $20.00 on the Childrens Hospital Toy run. So $20 to ride in a parade ain't no big deal.
Lets ride!

Frauenheld
Sat Jan 24th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I'm in for $20, even 25 if neccesary to offset entry fee.
Can't wait!

Anonymous
Thu Feb 19th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Soooo.... where we at on this, boss?

Anonymous
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Soooo.... where we at on this, boss?
As soon as I get done with updating the website & sending the email about the Daytona 200 party, it's at the top of my list. :D

CBRChick
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Well, whatever the outcome may be, you can definitely count me in! I'm pretty sure Frisco will be along with anything too :D

Hoopty
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:16 AM
Yes, and count Hoopty in fo sho too! :D

Ripper
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:56 AM
Diddo!!!

MR2FAST
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Yes, and count Hoopty in fo sho too! :D

And it wouldn't be the same without Hoopty doing a wheelie right into my stoppie (insert stupid ass fing joke here)... So count me in too!! This year I would like to be sure to have my family downtown to watch as well, but I would hate to have them sitting for hours upon hours like we all did last year!! Is there anyway to get closer to the front??? :idea: :?

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Even though I sent in the registration form early enough, there's no garantee that we'll be near the front. I should be getting our parade position either this week or next.

MR2FAST
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:08 PM
Even though I sent in the registration form early enough, there's no garantee that we'll be near the front. I should be getting our parade position either this week or next.

You rock Bob! 8)
Are you going to bring the kiddies down this time? I know Nik and Vic would love it!! (of course I think it would be awesome to see Tania riding her scoot though) My fam coming will depend on how Lori is feeling with being pregnant and all, she might not even want to come down... We will see once we get closer to the time I guess... :?

(( LO LO ))
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:09 PM
If I get my new ride in time, then I surely will want to join you all. Only time will tell.....tick-tock-tick-tock

KooLaid
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:18 PM
Are ugly bikes allowed? Don't be conceited now! I'm sure we can hide my "holy" fairings in between the other bikes in the middle or something. BTW, who was it that "TRIED" to do a burn out and failed miserably on TV at the last parade??????

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Are you going to bring the kiddies down this time?As of right now, the plan is to throw one of the bikes in the back of the truck and the banner on the front & lead the parade. Depending on weather & how much they trust me, Tania & the kids may be in the back of the truck. :hibye:

(( LO LO ))
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
The reporter that gave the "on bike" interview crapped in her pants. It looked like she was holding on for dear life!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
The reporter that gave the "on bike" interview crapped in her pants. It looked like she was holding on for dear life!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh she was... :twisted: Strangely, I could not find her at the parade last year to offer her another ride on the back... :?

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:26 PM
Yes, someone should tell Ralph that it's harder to do a burnout when you have a passenger! :slap: :lol:

Player 2
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:31 PM
Are ugly bikes allowed? Don't be conceited now! I'm sure we can hide my "holy" fairings in between the other bikes in the middle or something. BTW, who was it that "TRIED" to do a burn out and failed miserably on TV at the last parade??????
LOL! I'm going to see if I can get mine repainted before the parade rolls around...

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:33 PM
Are ugly bikes allowed? Don't be conceited now! I'm sure we can hide my "holy" fairings in between the other bikes in the middle or something. Umm, I suppose, as long as it's safe! :lol:

BTW, who was it that "TRIED" to do a burn out and failed miserably on TV at the last parade??????Well, technically speaking, we didn't get any TV coverage at the last parade (2003) - the TV coverage on the website is from 2002. If it was a yellow superhawk, that was Ralph! :P

KooLaid
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:37 PM
hahahah! I saw that one!

Oh ok, yeah, I thought it was 2002.

As for my "holy" fairings, nothing a bunch of NOS stickers couldn't fix, it'll add 15 hp too! JK! But a sticker or two wouldn't be bad, and it WON'T be NOS.

Hey, can i wear my "Metallica" wifebeater so I can be all Torquey n stuff? You know, gotta top off the hardcore asian rider look. I'll try to borrow the RC-51. And the CSC babes can do bike fights. Ralph can do back flips. Barn can attempt his death defying "leap of death" over the treacherous parking meters. Oh yeah, and we still need the rest of the cast for BikerBoyz too, oooh yeah! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MR2FAST
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:50 PM
Are you going to bring the kiddies down this time?As of right now, the plan is to throw one of the bikes in the back of the truck and the banner on the front & lead the parade. Depending on weather & how much they trust me, Tania & the kids may be in the back of the truck. :hibye:

Well that would be totally cool (I guess, but you aren't going to get to ride?)!! I will talk to Lori and see if she wants to hang out with you guy's in the truck if I can impose of course?! Like I said, I don't know how things will be with the preganacy...
Anyway, I will let you know on everything as soon as you post the details.... Thanks Bob!! :D

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
I will talk to Lori and see if she wants to hang out with you guy's in the truck if I can impose of course?! We'll see - if there's room in the truck, no problem.

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Here is the parade website, in case anyone was wondering...

http://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com/

Player 2
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:17 PM
Here is the parade website, in case anyone was wondering...

http://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com/
Ralph,

You need to teach their web guy a thing or two about using Tables... :shock:

Anonymous
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:31 PM
What can I say, they're Irish... :roll: :drink:

:lol:

Player 2
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
What can I say, they're Irish... :roll: :drink:

:lol:Hey, watch out now... I'm "mostly" irish and I know how to use tables :P :cheers:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Kim has already "test fit" the blender on the front rack of her quad so, I guess we'll be on the quads. Maybe I'll bring my bike and we can switch between margaritas. :idea:

Jenny
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Ralph,

You need to teach their web guy a thing or two about using Tables... :shock:

Tables bad. CSS positioning good.

I'll commit to coming out for the parade.

friscokidd
Thu Feb 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
im sure i will be availible for this ocation (sp) so count me in :up:

Jix6
Fri Feb 27th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I wish i could do it... I will be working pretty much from 5pm on the 12th until 830am on the 14th.

Frauenheld
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 01:47 PM
Anybody have any tips for gettting my bike all shiny and clean for the parade? Brands? Techniques? She's clean, but I want it spotless.
Thanx

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM
Buy a bag of those terry cloth rags from Checker for $3 or whatever, and get a can of Honda Pro-Cleaner. The stuff simply is incredible! Spray on, wipe off, then hit the spot again with a dry rag to really get it shiny. Gets off bugs, oil, etc.

Hoopty
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 02:22 PM
That or Plexus. They both work wonders, and you can carry a bottle with you to touch up as you go. :D Plexus makes handy little bottles, not sure about the Honda stuff. :)

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 02:24 PM
Yeah Honda makes a nice little bike-size can of their cleaner, if you don't want the big one.

I'm contemplating buying a case of it (prolly in big cans, but perhaps the smaller ones depending on interest) since I can get it more or less at cost, and just sell them to club members cheap, if anyone is up for this. I will NOT have this by the parade.

Frauenheld
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah Honda makes a nice little bike-size can of their cleaner, if you don't want the big one.

I'm contemplating buying a case of it (prolly in big cans, but perhaps the smaller ones depending on interest) since I can get it more or less at cost, and just sell them to club members cheap, if anyone is up for this. I will NOT have this by the parade.

I'm in :up:

Quick636
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 02:49 PM
Hehe, I just can't see myself putting anything that says honda on my Kawasaki. I might have to give it a try though... :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 03:02 PM
Stick to Plexus then, works just as well if not better. :D

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 03:28 PM
Hehe, I just can't see myself putting anything that says honda on my Kawasaki. I might have to give it a try though... :lol:

Who knows, you might add a little reliability to that kwak! :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:08 PM
Okay, by now, most of you (registered members) should have received the email with all the details, but in case you haven't, here they are:

The parade takes place on Saturday March 13th. Our staging time is 8:30 AM (parade starts at 10AM).

This year, the parade comittee has significantly restructured their entry fees, and even though we have received some sponsorship from both TK motorsports and TFOG wheelsports, each participant will be required to pay an entry fee ($10 rider / $5 passenger). The good news is, that each participant receives a commorative t-shirt, that we'd like them to wear during the parade.

Because the parade is less than 2 weeks away and t-shirts have to be ordered, all entries must be received by Noon on Wednesday March 3rd.

We are limited to a maximum of 30 bikes, so this will be done on a sign-up basis. Send an email to CoSportbikeClub@hotmail.com (or reply to this thread) only if you are serious about participating. Be sure to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them.

Complete details will be distributed by email to registered participants.

Participants must carry proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you trailer your bike to the parade, there will be parking in the staging area for your truck.

If you can't ride in the parade, make sure to join us for post-parade festivities at Breckenridge Brewery, 2220 Blake St., Denver (Northeast corner from Coor's Field).

Edit: The $10 entry fee is non-refundable, even if the weather is horrible - most of that money is going towards the t-shirts, which you will receive regardless if you actually ride in the parade or not.
I know a few of you already asked to be included on this, and I will add you to the list if you've done so in the past 2 weeks. I'll be updating the first post with the official list.

Slacker
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:13 PM
Just responded to your email, sorry if you get it twice. :boom:

I'd also be in for the Pro-cleaner. :)

Quick636
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:26 PM
Email sent as well. Should be fun :D

yoda
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM
i would like to ride in the parade even if i have to pay a fee. it would be the first time but not the last time 8) 8) 8)

Quick636
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:34 PM

Who knows, you might add a little reliability to that kwak! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :321:

I'd dump the whole can in if I thought it would help the tranny out :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:53 PM
See the first post for the official list - only 8 spots remaining!

Quick636
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 05:05 PM
Hey Bob... go ahead and add Gramps to the list if you would please. I know he wanted to attend this but hes out of town for a couple days...

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Hey Bob... go ahead and add Gramps to the list if you would please. I know he wanted to attend this but hes out of town for a couple days...Got it - only 7 spots remaining.

I still need t-shirt sizes from the following people (some of you have already been emailed):
CBRChick13
FriscoKidd
Hoopty
mr2fast
Daniel
KooLaid
TaZ8U
Jenny
thunderseye
PONYBOY

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 05:28 PM
Confirmed: You got mail Bob! Let's do this!!! :bananna:

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 05:51 PM
Public Service Announcement:

My 4runner will be available at the parade for anyone who wants to toss excess layers, gear, or whatever. So, feel free to wear whatever you need to for the ride to Coors Field, and "de-accessorize" for the parade itself, it'll go in a locked vehicle while we're doing the loop.

For those that haven't done this before... Gear is optional. What I mean by this is, we're not likely to get past 15mph (unless you're one of the sideline stunters we always have), and generally most don't bother with helmets for the parade itself since the majority of it is just going in a slow straight line. What you wear to get to the staging area is your thing, however I'm providing my 'runner so that people will be encouraged to ride safe to/from.

I'll let Bob post the staging instructions (i.e. where to go and how to get there) though I will add that since we appear to be more towards the front this year it will be very important to get there on time. It may be a bit chilly so I will see what I can do about some coffee for everyone...

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 06:03 PM
I'll let Bob post the staging instructions (i.e. where to go and how to get there) though I will add that since we appear to be more towards the front this year it will be very important to get there on time. It may be a bit chilly so I will see what I can do about some coffee for everyone...
Directions, staging info, etc. will be distributed only to those that are registered. We are much earlier in the parade than last year (last year we staged at 10AM), and I'm hoping that this means we'll get some TV coverage. :D

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 06:12 PM
:oops: I forgot to mention...

The $10 entry fee is non-refundable, even if the weather is horrible - most of that money is going towards the t-shirts, which you will receive regardless if you actually ride in the parade or not.

Wahooman
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 08:23 PM
Bob you got mail....oops forgot the shirt size!! Another email coming your way!!
Thanx!

Canuck
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 09:30 PM
you have mail your way........, spiderman :)

KooLaid
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:08 AM
Me in still!

I wanna see Ralph "attempt" to burn out with that reporter again!

MR2FAST
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:32 AM
I thought I was in but found out on Saturday that the kids have a class that was postponed from two weeks ago and have now messed with the plan for the weekend. Lori is working so that leaves me to attend with the kids at the class. (It's a "welcome your little sis/brother" type class at the hospital) So it looks as if I am now out as I have no way to be in two places at once and I really want the kids to be in this class. :? :( :cry:
If you need the $10.00 I totally understand, just let me know as I would not want to stiff ya Bob... I hope you all have fun and please be safe! :twisted:

Hoopty
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Dammit Travis, who am I gonna stunt with this year then? :? :cry:

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:05 AM
I thought I was in but found out on Saturday that the kids have a class that was postponed from two weeks ago and have now messed with the plan for the weekend. Lori is working so that leaves me to attend with the kids at the class. (It's a "welcome your little sis/brother" type class at the hospital) So it looks as if I am now out as I have no way to be in two places at once and I really want the kids to be in this class. :? :( :cry:
If you need the $10.00 I totally understand, just let me know as I would not want to stiff ya Bob... I hope you all have fun and please be safe! :twisted:
Travis, no worries - I understand family obligations. You don't owe me anything unless you want a t-shirt anyway - let me know.

Everybody - I have updated the official list of participants on the First Post In This Thread (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=32229#32229).

Also, I am still needing t-shirt sizes from the following people:
- FriscoKidd
- Jenny
- PONYBOY
- Gramps

MR2FAST
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:10 AM
Dammit Travis, who am I gonna stunt with this year then? :? :cry:

You know I would if I could meng!! But this one I need to be out for, unless something really crazy happens that allows me to go?! As for the fun of stunts, well, I am sure there are plenty of people that will be able to hang with ya this year!! -KOOLAID- maybe?!

Travis, no worries - I understand family obligations. You don't owe me anything unless you want a t-shirt anyway - let me know.

Thanks Bob!! I don't need a shirt, it's like buying a concert shirt that you didn't attend... But if something crazy happens and I can work out a way to go and there is still space, I will let you know...

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:58 AM
I wanna see Ralph "attempt" to burn out with that reporter again!

She stopped working the parade after that year... :?

(actually I think she quit WB2 completely! Geez, was it something I said? :lol: )

yoda
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:09 AM
who should we let know that we want to be in the parade because my girl's grand parents are coming into town and i would like for them to watch the parade while i am in it. 8) 8) 8)

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
who should we let know that we want to be in the parade because my girl's grand parents are coming into town and i would like for them to watch the parade while i am in it. 8) 8) 8):wtf: Huh?!? You already did:
i would like to ride in the parade even if i have to pay a fee. it would be the first time but not the last time 8) 8) 8)

Are you even reading this thread?

Everybody - I have updated the official list of participants on the First Post In This Thread (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=32229#32229).You're #21 on the list!

Also, I am still needing t-shirt sizes from the following people:
- FriscoKidd
- Jenny
- PONYBOY
- Gramps

yoda
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
sorry spiderman i am pretty new to the club and i am usually the one that gets left out. my shirt size is large.

Quick636
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:42 AM
You might send Gramps a PM and ask him what size he needs. Hes been busy lately.

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
:shock: Damn spidey, take a deep breath and repeat after me... "I will not kill the n00bs... I will not kill the n00bs..." :lol:

Don't take it personally Ponyboy, he's just grouchy this early in the morning. ;)

yoda
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:52 AM
it is ok i have been a rookie on sports teams before and being a rookie here is no different :lol: :guns: :lol:

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:53 AM
sorry spiderman i am pretty new to the club and i am usually the one that gets left out. my shirt size is large.No worries. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. :oops: Always nice to get some new blood into these events - Welcome. 8)

You might send Gramps a PM and ask him what size he needs. Hes been busy lately.Done.

:shock: Damn spidey, take a deep breath and repeat after me... "I will not kill the n00bs... I will not kill the n00bs..." :lol:

Don't take it personally Ponyboy, he's just grouchy this early in the morning. ;) :lol: Yea, I haven't had enough coffee...
Irish Coffee! :drink:

yoda
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:57 AM
i just feel lucky :lol: to be apart of a club that does not judge people and has respect for the other people in the club the have bike and ride because of how dangerous it can be to ride :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

CBRChick
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM
i just feel lucky :lol: to be apart of a club that does not judge people and has respect for the other people in the club the have bike and ride because of how dangerous it can be to ride :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Riding motorcycles is very dangerous ... I can't believe you ride one of those death traps!! We are very judgmental people here too! What are you thinking? You are going to die on that thing!!!! I have NO respect for motorcycle riders! :321:

:doublefinger: Hehehe ... I have a twisted sense of humor. So yeah ... I'm looking foward to riding with you and everyone else at the parade :D Yeah ... and Hi!!!! hehehehehe :doublefinger: I don't know how everyone on here puts up with me ... but they do!!! Cuz they don't judge ... hehehe :P Oh yeah ... and you're cool cuz you ride a Honda :)

Quick636
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:11 PM
What the hell did he just say? :dunno:

Hoopty
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:15 PM
Honda sucks. :doublefinger:

yoda
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
[:doublefinger: Hehehe ... I have a twisted sense of humor. So yeah ... I'm looking foward to riding with you and everyone else at the parade :D Yeah ... and Hi!!!! hehehehehe :doublefinger: I don't know how everyone on here puts up with me ... but they do!!! Cuz they don't judge ... hehehe :P Oh yeah ... and you're cool cuz you ride a Honda :)[/quote]

i love honda, but that is the only thing i have ever ridden, my first bike is a 1978 honda cb750k it is in my shop right now because the trany went out on it (first thing to be replaced on the engine since it was born) and while i have some time i am customizing it to be louder, lower, much better paint schem, and some frame work to make it my unique bike. 8) :D 8)

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
:wtf: what the hell happened to this thread? :shock:

CBRChick
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Honda sucks. :doublefinger:

:roll: Sure ... live in your dellusional world ... :roll:

anything else think that this thread has been overly bastardized???

Here's more bastardization and randomness:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1193335

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Here's more bastardization and randomness:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1188990

Holy SHIT, it's a red X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

My god you have gone too far. I am going to have to lock down this thread now, thanks to Christine's red X!!!! :no:

wulf
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:41 PM
have fun! I didn't know there were somany catholics.

Hoopty
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM

Dellusional?!?! I'm not even high yet!!! :lol:

~Barn~
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:25 PM
I just want to post something on this thread. So here it is.

Ripper
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:23 PM

Dellusional?!?! I'm not even high yet!!! :lol:

Is this some sort of plug for Dell ??

Good ta see ya again Hoopty,
The winter hibernation must be over :lol: got that motor in yet???

Wahooman
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Hoopty....is the SV gonna be ready??
where is Chadwick on this post.....did he forget about us??
CALLING CHADWICK!!!!!!!! :D

Aloth600
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:08 PM
if there is still room let me know i will be happy to ride in the parade....

KooLaid
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah ... and you're cool cuz you ride a Honda :)

What about me?!?!??! I ride a honda!!! Can I be cool too???? I wanna be cool! Not fair!!!!! :cry:

Wahooman
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
I don't know about those Honda riders....Gramps bike broke down for the Toys for Tots run....guess I will bring the jumper cables for the Honda riders.... :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:59 PM
Guess that's another good thing about having a trailer, whoever kills the bike can get a ride home (I only charge $15.95 ... for the first 2 miles... :twisted: ).

Actually, last year did we lose any bikes? I know the first year we were down a few by the end of it; Barn didn't even make it there, Will's battery went kaput in the first 1/4 mile, I think spidey's did by the end of it, and Paul managed to turn his clutch plates into confetti. Did I miss any of them? (I should add, the actual damage to anything has always been a result of abuse, i.e. burnouts, wheelies, etc, not just riding in the parade itself.)

Wahooman
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Damn....maybe we need to use Spidey's truck as the pit truck and have it ready for the breakdowns :lol:

Anonymous
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:36 AM
if there is still room let me know i will be happy to ride in the parade....There is still room - you're in.

Duc'nnit
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
Sorry Spidey, I havent been paying attention....if there is room or have a standby list put me down.

Chris

Hoopty
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:05 AM
Ripper- I took the SV to TK Motorsports last night, hopefully it will be road-ready for the Daytona party Saturday. :twisted:

Anonymous
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry Spidey, I havent been paying attention....if there is room or have a standby list put me down.Christ, there's still room - you're on the list. 8)

yoda
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:05 AM
I don't know about those Honda riders....Gramps bike broke down for the Toys for Tots run....guess I will bring the jumper cables for the Honda riders.... :lol: :lol:
i am replacing the rear tire on my honda and doing a tune up on it as well next week it will be ready.

amazzon
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
Don't know where my girlz r @???? damn. I will represent tho...count me in ..

CBRChick
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM

:cry: am I not one of your girls? :cry:

Anonymous
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM
count me in ..You're in. Let me know your t-shirt size asap.

amazzon
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM

:lol: U know u r ~da girl~ dayum...guess it's just u and me chica... :| !

Tania
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
I'll be there too, but only with me "wee leprechauns" in the back of Bob's green pick up. Gotta practice the "queen's wave".
:D I don't mean this one ... :gay:!

CBRChick
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:50 PM

:lol: U know u r ~da girl~ dayum...guess it's just u and me chica... :| !

Hey, at least we're representin :D We don't want people to think that CSC is a "No Girls Allowed" Club :lol:

And we've always got Tania backin us up ... in the front .... or something like that ... :dunno:

amazzon
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :slap:

Hoopty
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
I'll be there too, but only with me "wee leprechauns" in the back of Bob's green pick up. Gotta practice the "queen's wave".
:D I don't mean this one ... :gay:!

:pointlaugh: :lol:

Vance
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
Hmmm.... I could walk behind everyone trying to reproduce the growl Dita made at idle... :hibye:-ing as I go along.

Or not. Oh well. Maybe next year. :banghead:

[edit] Hey <---------- I made it to Track Superstar! Ironic isn't it?

thunderseye
Wed Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:15 PM
so we wearing the shirts you are getting. or the csc shirts?

Anonymous
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 12:02 AM
I am getting green CSC t-shirts made just for this occasion. I'm asking that everyone wear these new shirts - I will be distributing them at the parade staging area.

Everyone that's signed up will be receiving the details that they will need to know for the parade.

KooLaid
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 12:31 AM
If st. patricks is beer and ass pinching.... and green is horny...... so would march 13th be the day to be drunk, horny and running around pinching each other's asses???? (guys=opposite sex; girls=either or both!)

Ok ok ok, now my REAL question....... Do we, can we, are we, gonna/supposed to/wanted to wear the green T's OVER or riding jackets? Or can we "T" it for the parade???? Ohhhh boy.... I have another biker boys brainstorm coming on......... should we practice our synchronized dismounts???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 12:46 AM
If st. patricks is beer and ass pinching.... and green is horny...... so would march 13th be the day to be drunk, horny and running around pinching each other's asses???? (guys=opposite sex; girls=either or both!) :roll: I'm not even going to comment.

Ok ok ok, now my REAL question....... Do we, can we, are we, gonna/supposed to/wanted to wear the green T's OVER or riding jackets? Or can we "T" it for the parade???? If it's really cold, I imagine only a couple of people will be wearing them over their gear. It's up to you, but hopefully it will be warm enough that we won't have to wear gear (last year was really nice - let's pray that this year will be the same).

I have another biker boys brainstorm coming on......... should we practice our synchronized dismounts???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Let me think about that... umm, No! :|

:lol:

Aloth600
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Ohhhh boy.... I have another biker boys brainstorm coming on......... should we practice our synchronized dismounts???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG that is some funny ass shit

thunderseye
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 04:52 PM
lets do it lets do it biker boys dismount :guns: :guns:

yoda
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 05:00 PM
lets get it straight the biker boys did not have a dismount the black knights had a dismount and then sole train "preached" about how good of a racer smoke is. 8) 8) :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

BenDover
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I have a question. Since I was originally going to be out of town that weekend I didn't even pay attention to this, but now that I am staying in town I would like to hook up with everyone.

Since, the list is full would I just have to ride down and watch the parade with the other drunken irishmen??? :lol:

BTW, I do have a green bike if you can sneek me into the parade. ;) :D

Anonymous
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 12:14 PM
BenDover, you're in luck - I have a cancellation!

What size shirt do you wear? He ordered 2 (1 L & 1 XL), will either of these work for you?

BenDover
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Yep, I'll take an XL. 8)

Hoopty
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Must not be for you! :lol:

BenDover
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Must not be for you! :lol:

:321: If I wear anything smaller, it shows off my beer gut too much. :lol:

Anonymous
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Yep, I'll take an XL. 8)
Cool. I've put you on the list in place of the guy that cancelled (#14).

Khalid 171
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry I am late on this. Is there any more spots? A couple of more questions too. How much did you guys figure the cost per person is? And what time in the morning? I tried to look through all 6 pages, but gave up and figured I would just ask. I would be interested if there are any more spots, but just really want to know what time, because I would be coming down from Ft. Collins, but don't want to have to leave here at like 5 or 6 am because it will be way to cold to ride down. Spiderman??

Hoopty
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 02:23 PM
10 dolla and I'm not sure if there's spots left. :up:

Anonymous
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 02:58 PM
How much did you guys figure the cost per person is? And what time in the morning? I tried to look through all 6 pages

UPDATE - Final details here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47644#47644

The parade takes place on Saturday March 13th. Our staging time is 8:30 AM (parade starts at 10AM).

This year, the parade comittee has significantly restructured their entry fees, and even though we have received some sponsorship from both TK motorsports and TFOG wheelsports, each participant will be required to pay an entry fee ($10 rider / $5 passenger). The good news is, that each participant receives a commorative t-shirt, that we'd like them to wear during the parade.

Because the parade is less than 2 weeks away and t-shirts have to be ordered, all entries must be received by Noon on Wednesday March 3rd.

We are limited to a maximum of 30 bikes, so this will be done on a sign-up basis. Send an email to CoSportbikeClub@hotmail.com (or reply to this thread) only if you are serious about participating. Be sure to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them.

blah, blah, blah

Sorry, there are no more spots for the parade, but I'll put you on the stand-by list.

KooLaid
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Bob, I'll send my $10 up with "LoLo" when he goes to Jillians for Daytona.

yoda
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 04:47 PM
spiderman, i will be at jillians tom with the money for the parade and looking forward to a great race. 8) 8) 8)

Khalid 171
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Ok thanks Spider. :up: Sorry I didn't just look at the first post. Honestly I saw that there was 6 pages, so I was to lazy to look through them, so I just posted. :)

thunderseye
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 09:27 PM
so are we all gonna meet up somewhere before and ride to the parade area. i live in littleton not too sure how to get out there without getting lost a couple times don't wanna be late ya know

Aloth600
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 10:10 PM
so are we all gonna meet up somewhere before and ride to the parade area. i live in littleton not too sure how to get out there without getting lost a couple times don't wanna be late ya know

If ya wanna meet up at my place i am in littleton as well. as few guys from the springs are gonna trailor their bikes up and park at my place then we are gonna head out from there. let me know if you are interested and i will shoot ya my phone mumber etc..

Ryan

Anonymous
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Hint: The staging area is quite close to Breck Brewery as it happens... Bob will be sending out messages to everyone in the parade on where to go, etc. :)

Anonymous
Sat Mar 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Ok thanks Spider. :up: Sorry I didn't just look at the first post. Honestly I saw that there was 6 pages, so I was to lazy to look through them, so I just posted. :)No problem. Actually, I just had another cancellation, so there's a spot for you! :bananna:

What size shirt do you wear? I have a L shirt avail from a previous cancellation, and may have an XXL and M from this one (unless this guy wants them - I just sent him a PM).

KooLaid
Sat Mar 6th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Since alot of us are gonna be showing up to the staging area wearing jackets and what not, and the dress for the parade is the CSC green T, is there a safe spot to stash our gear during the parade????

Aloth600
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Since alot of us are gonna be showing up to the staging area wearing jackets and what not, and the dress for the parade is the CSC green T, is there a safe spot to stash our gear during the parade????

I think that someone said that they are gonna have their 4 runner there or something like that to put things in. like myself i will need a place to stash my jacket as well.

Ryan

Gramps
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Ralph is going to have his 4runner there for gear stashing during the parade :D

thunderseye
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 07:29 AM
what day is st patty's day again? i gotta make sure i ask off i was thinking it was on the weekend for some reason

thunderseye
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 07:30 AM
wednesday the 17th right?

(( LO LO ))
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Dude, the parade is on Saturday the 13th....but St. Patricks Day is on the 17th.

(( LO LO ))
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I hope the weather doesn't crap on us! Forecast says rain and snow showers with a high of 43 degrees on Saturday the 13th. :| http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/weather.gif

thunderseye
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 02:08 PM
go figure its supposed to be nice all week

Quick636
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I see highs around 55 and sunny...

I guess they just don't know whats going to happen :lol:

KooLaid
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 06:40 PM
hopefully no one jacks Ralphs barricade jumping 4 runner. I'll be pissed losing my new leather jacket like that. Thief is gonna have more in riding gear than the mangled 4 runner sold in parts possibly. hahah jk ralph! Ever get it fixed? Espresso stain insurance check must be pretty fat aye????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Airreed
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Spidey,

I just got back from Iraq so a bit late on the St Patty's parade. Can you put me on the standby list.

:guns:

Airreed

Frauenheld
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 11:37 PM
This week's gonna be nice enough to ride. Spidey let me know when and where I can catch up with you to give you the money.

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 12:19 AM
oh man, I gotta wash m bike for this! And touch up the "whoopsies!"

CBRChick
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:13 AM
http://www.9news.com/weather/images/wx-planning.jpg

And Saturday is supposed to be the same as Friday, with clouds and rain rolling in toward late afternoon ... so nice and dry for the parade!! :bananna:

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Aloth, I'm also in Littleton and would like to meet up with you guys. Shoot me a PM with directions if ya could please. :)

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:20 AM

And Saturday is supposed to be the same as Friday, with clouds and rain rolling in toward late afternoon ... so nice and dry for the parade!! :bananna:

Wow! What weather forecast site do you use. I went to the WeatherChannel and it says rain/snow showers for the whole day with a high of 43 degrees. :?

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Looks like 9 news to me. :)

BenDover
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:26 AM
9News knows that this is Colorado, so they adjust accordingly in their forcast. The Weather Channel don't know shit. :lol: At least I hope. :D

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:32 AM
9News knows that this is Colorado, so they adjust accordingly in their forcast. The Weather Channel don't know shit. :lol: At least I hope. :D

I hope your right, I would hate to get rained and snowed on. :|

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:33 AM
:imwithstupid:

BenDover
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:51 AM

Pussy. A little rain and snow never hurt anyone. :silly: :D

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Pussy. A little rain and snow never hurt anyone. :silly: :D

SHIT! Your not the one riding from Colorado Springs to Denver at 6:00am on Saturday.

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:09 AM
I thought you guys were trailering? :?

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Depends on if I sell my trailer by then. I have a few people interested in it right now. We'll see what happens. :dunno:

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Which reminds me, I have a friend looking for a trailer for a 4wheeler or two. How much you asking again?

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:16 AM
$1500

Anonymous
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM
the weather channel sucks. Use local stuff like 9news, or the NWS at http://www.weather.gov for forecasts that are at least sort of accurate.

Anonymous
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 10:19 AM
The list has been updated. Airreed, you are on the stand-by list (behind gixxerjarhead). We had another cancellation (TaZ8U, being replaced by gary n).

I will hopefully be getting all registered participants the details via email tonight.
Everybody start doing your favorite sunshine & warm weather dance/prayer/voodoo. :bananna:

yoda
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 01:00 PM
spidey, i cannot get my email right know (long story) if you could pm me or put on the thread where we are supposed to meet the moring of the parade i would appreciate it. or just go tothe staging area and look for abounch of bikes and green shirts? or if anyone has a number to aol so i can get a new password i would appreciat it. :D :D :D

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 01:21 PM
AOL --- bummer ----- but here ya go:

If I have a problem with AOL, can I talk to a live person?

Yes. Simply call 1-800-827-6364 for help whenever you need it. You can always expect top-quality service from AOL consultants.

I'd butcher this all to hell but ---------- better things to do. :D :lol:

yoda
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 01:32 PM
thank you vere much now i think i can get my email.
:D :D :D

Anonymous
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 01:46 PM
They don't call it America Offline for nothing!

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
I'm gonna pack a backpack with some warm winter gear and my windbreaker snowboarding pull over for a bit more warmth. It's gonna be a COLD 6am ride to denver. Damn it MV, couldn't ya have waited a couple days to buy the trailer!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Hopefully I won't need to pack away pieces of my bike in my backpack as wheelie school. knwo what i mean????

yoda
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 04:55 PM
don't be a girl i ride my bike all year round roads permitting with just a leather jacket a sweatshirt, and an old lid with no visor. :D :D :D

just giving ya some sh1t. :lol: :lol: :lol:

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 06:52 PM
I have too, but it sucks at 6 am when the ground is the coldest from over night cooling! The only thing I haven't ridden in so far is a blizzard w/snow on the ground, tornado, and a hurricane. Even had a minor tremor in cali before. But I like to ride in rain :-) it's fun!

CBRChick
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Okay ... most recent from 9 news weather ... (I feel like a weather girl!!! :D)

Still going to be sunny in the morning and clouding up toward the afternoon.

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 07:05 PM
woohoo, weather girls can be hot :D

Frauenheld
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Are we all just meeting in the stagin area?
Just get there @ 8:30 and look for bikes and Spidey's truck?
I probably won't make the breakfast, and don't want to snafu this.

Anonymous
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I'll notify everybody soon with all the details, but basically, when you enter the staging area, give them our unit # (to be supplied with the rest of the details) and they will direct you to our approximate location.

KooLaid
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Ok, just got the email. Informative, but missing some minor small details. I'll be (in good warm weather), over ankle boots, jeans, Green CSC T, helmet and gloves. And I got the note on the insurance. No problem. Now what I was wondering is, helmets, I'm assuming we're all gonna wear it, or is it up participants descretion? I'm in the military so I'm required to wear it for riding, but if you guys planned on not for the parade, then I'm sure it'll be ok for something like a slow paced parade. So whats the uniform of the day bob?

Anonymous
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I'm going to leave this up to the discression of each individual.

It is going to be slow moving, but there will likely be a couple of people doing stunts. This year we're going to go in 2 rows , so there should be plenty of room for stunting in the middle (last year we rode in 3 rows, which left little room on the outside for stunting).

If you want to wear your helmet, that's fine. :up:
If you don't want to wear your helmet, that's fine too. 8) Like I said, it's slow moving.

If you are planning on stunting, please wear your helmet. :yes:

If anybody has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

KooLaid
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 02:36 AM
all i can say is..... WOW! That's TOO cool bob! I think I better be good though...... might make an idiot outta myself doing donuts then dumping it......

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 08:08 AM
I'm going to leave this up to the discression of each individual.

It is going to be slow moving, but there will likely be a couple of people doing stunts. This year we're going to go in 2 rows , so there should be plenty of room for stunting in the middle (last year we rode in 3 rows, which left little room on the outside for stunting).

If you want to wear your helmet, that's fine. :up:
If you don't want to wear your helmet, that's fine too. 8) Like I said, it's slow moving.

If you are planning on stunting, please wear your helmet. :yes:

If anybody has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Wasn't the club warned about stunts last year? If you lose control your bike goes shootin' off into the crowd.

Also, with the forecast looking pretty bad we were thinking about riding the quads. Are non-street legel vehicles allowed?

Anonymous
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Wasn't the club warned about stunts last year? If you lose control your bike goes shootin' off into the crowd.Not that I can recall - Ralph, do you remember anything of the sort? I'm pretty sure that, the year prior, we were encouraged to do stunts if we felt it was safe.

Also, with the forecast looking pretty bad we were thinking about riding the quads. Are non-street legel vehicles allowed?Last year we followed a group of quads, so yes, but I think they still want you to have liability insurance - do you have proof of that?

OMG - I just had a BikerBoyz vision :oops: - you guys on your quads doing stunts with the sport-bikers as you come into view. :lol:

Hoopty
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 08:59 AM
I never heard anything about not doing stunts last year. :dunno: I even busted a few standups right past cops! :D Please don't try stunts there if you don't know what you're doing, if you mess up and crash there are all kinds of people right along side the road (TONS of kids too). The crowd loves it when we goof off, but if we hurt someone sh!t would go downhill real quick like. ;)

Dean, I suggest throwing on an old race tire for the parade- BURNOUT CENTRAL!!! :twisted:

MR2FAST
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I never heard anything about not doing stunts last year. :dunno: I even busted a few standups right past cops! :D Please don't try stunts there if you don't know what you're doing, if you mess up and crash there are all kinds of people right along side the road (TONS of kids too). The crowd loves it when we goof off, but if we hurt someone sh!t would go downhill real quick like. ;)
Nobody said a thing to either Hoopty or myself for doing stunts last year, infact the cops and crowd loved it when Hoopty and I would do stunts in front of them... I have to say that you all need to be very careful as there are many kids that would not like to have a tire or frameslider implanted in their head... If you don't know what your doing please don't do something stupid because the crowd is pumping you to do it! Have fun and be safe, I will be jealous of all of you this weekend! TAKE PICS!!

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Last year we followed a group of quads, so yes, but I think they still want you to have liability insurance - do you have proof of that?

OMG - I just had a BikerBoyz vision :oops: - you guys on your quads doing stunts with the sport-bikers as you come into view. :lol:

No problem on the insurance.

Boy, that would be a "stunt" to pull off anything on my 550 lb. 4x4 Kodiac 450. The only thing it will do is a burn-out with the front brakes locked. It bounces off trees pretty well too!! Actually, that would be Kim's quad. :D

Anonymous
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I never heard anything bad about the stunts, I think they're ok as long as we're smart about it. This means:
- If you don't know how to do it, Saturday is not your day to learn! Keep it on two wheels if you're unsure or inexperienced.
- Please don't do it right next to the crowd, if you want to pop a monster wheelie or something get in the middle where you have more road.
- Please don't kill the crowd. (seeing a theme here?)

The only complaint I remember hearing, was I believe from the first year's parade with respect to burnouts and the grade school marching band behind us that got the brunt of it. ("All you is, is a bunch of punks!!!" ring a bell for anyone? :lol: )

Anonymous
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 10:49 AM
The only complaint I remember hearing, was I believe from the first year's parade with respect to burnouts and the grade school marching band behind us that got the brunt of it. ("All you is, is a bunch of punks!!!" ring a bell for anyone? :lol: )I don't remember that particular quote, but then again, I was in the front.

Burnouts are the most popular thing to do, if you want to, get take-offs to do them. I have a spare R6 (99-06) wheel with a used race tire on it if anybody wants to burn it up (Ripper?) - just gotta pick it up at my place and install it - hell, if you ride to my house on Friday, I can help you do it.

Wahooman
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Anyone got a 180/55 that needs burned up on Saturday..... :D

Hoopty
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Check with Yakuza, I'm sure he has some 180 take-offs. :)

yoda
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 12:39 PM
spidey please let me know the details that i will need to get into the staging area i can get email now or pm me please.

KooLaid
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Damn, now THIS is gonna be a sight to see!

TRIP ROGERS
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 07:25 PM
("All you is, is a bunch of punks!!!" ring a bell for anyone? )

still makes me laugh every time i think about it!! that lady was yelling at us for like the whole last hour of the parade! :lol: :lol:

Ripper
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Sorry ALL, I have to back out due work>>> :(

KooLaid
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Dude?!?!??! WTF?!?!??!?! Can't back out!!! Need some stunt buddys!

Kim-n-dean:
stunt request for the Kodiak, I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this but....I'd like to see a "In Reverse front wheel wheelie" while in 4 wd..... Is it possible???

Wahooman
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Spidey--got the email on details thanks :D
Ralph....is there a particular time to meet in LOT A to put our equipment in your vehicle? Sorry if I missed that. Looks like your 4-runner would be parked in LOT A, where as we stage in B/C. Just wondering so we can stop off at A and unload then proceed to our final destination.
;)

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Dude?!?!??! WTF?!?!??!?! Can't back out!!! Need some stunt buddys!

Kim-n-dean:
stunt request for the Kodiak, I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this but....I'd like to see a "In Reverse front wheel wheelie" while in 4 wd..... Is it possible???

If the rear brake worked well enough I bet that would work.

Anonymous
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Spidey--got the email on details thanks :D
Ralph....is there a particular time to meet in LOT A to put our equipment in your vehicle? Sorry if I missed that. Looks like your 4-runner would be parked in LOT A, where as we stage in B/C. Just wondering so we can stop off at A and unload then proceed to our final destination.
;)
Ralph should be able to go to the staging area with his 4Runner & trailer in tow, then unload his bike & load up everybody's gear before driving to the parking area.

Bertha
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I never got an e-mail... :(

Slacker
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 01:32 PM
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/050103/050103nomail_emoti_prv.gif

Anonymous
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 02:12 PM
bertha, you have PM

KooLaid
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 01:34 AM
where is our CSC weather girl with the latest weather report for the parade???????

Anonymous
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 10:34 AM
I dunno what to even think about the weather for Saturday, though the snow forecast seems to have been lifted, and it's getting progressively better now as time goes on:

Saturday: Scattered showers after noon. Chance for precipitation is 30%. Partly cloudy, with a high around 53. West wind between 3 and 10 mph.

Partly cloudy means somewhat sunny, and if it doesn't even have a chance for rain until after we're done, then game on! :D (though I'm sure some of you would ride in just about anything anyway...)

Hoopty
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 10:38 AM
I have rain gear. :D

Anonymous
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 10:40 AM
My hope is that by the time Saturday rolls around, the frontal passage will be stalled enough that it's sunny and warm all morning.

Hell, being in the middle of 30 bikes all revving their motors tends to keep you warm no matter what.

Hoopty
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
It looks like the rain/snow won't be moving in until the afternoon/evening, let's just hope it stays that way, or better yet, get's pushed back even more. :)

Aloth600
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 03:53 PM
spiderman just wanted to let you know that i will have my daughter untill noon on sat and i have not seen her for a while. She is the most important thing in my life right now and i am going to have to pull out off the parde. Please keep my 10 dollar and let a stand-by take my place.
but if the weather is nice after noon i am still interested in the school. I have amazon's cell phone number and will call if the weather is nice.

Ryan

Hoopty
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Weren't some of the people from the Springs going to meet at your crib? Either way, you guys are more than welcome to meet at my house. PM me if you want directions. 8)

Anonymous
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 10:34 AM
I think we are good!

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 58. Calm wind becoming northwest between 5 and 8 mph.

Saturday Night: Occasional flurries after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a low near 22. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

The front looks to be delayed a day like I was hoping for, tomorrow is going to be fuggin noyce!! See you all durr!

KooLaid
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Well Aloth has his daughter this saturday, and Daniel LoLo from the springs has to do some army reserves crap. Sooooo it turns out I'll be the a loner.......damn it.........

yoda
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
well it is almost time for me to leave work (1 hour) and i just wanted to say to everyone that is going to ride tom be safe on the way there and i'll see everyone there and i'll see some of you at the cracker barrel tom morning. BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duc'nnit
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 08:59 PM
As a suggestion, I dont know how fast we will be moving this year. But last year it was a good idea to bring your own bottled water. We waited a while and it actually started to get warm, however Spidey says we are near the front this time. Again, piss first and well...<porta potties had lines for the waiting>, and bring your own drink. :D

Chris

Anonymous
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I think they're going to have more portapotties this year, and I'm going to try and bring a 5 gallon jug of water & some cups for everybody.

Duc'nnit
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 09:59 PM
I think they're going to have more portapotties this year, and I'm going to try and bring a 5 gallon jug of water & some cups for everybody.

any chance for some Bourbon with the water?? :D

Chris

Wahooman
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 09:59 PM
See everyone tomorrow.....glad the weather is going to be warmer as well. Ride safe on the way in ya'll :D

Anonymous
Fri Mar 12th, 2004, 11:42 PM

any chance for some Bourbon with the water?? :D That depends if you bring it or not! :D

(( LO LO ))
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 11:49 AM
You guys looked good on TV, wish I could of been there. Nice wheelies and stoppies in the middle. Hoopty tore it up! Too bad no reporter to jump on the back of Ralphs bike this year.

Polumbian
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah Hoopty! Nice wheelie down Blake street.

Anonymous
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Great parade today guys!!

Whoever taped it, bring the video to Breck so we can watch it. And get it to Bob so we can put it up here!

CBRChick
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Great parade today guys!!

Whoever taped it, bring the video to Breck so we can watch it. And get it to Bob so we can put it up here!

Today was so much fun!!! I think Bob told me that he was taping it too ... so he should have it all ready :)

Quick636
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Bob said he was taping it. I got it on tape, our 30 seconds of fame :D

It was pretty cool, they introduced us as the biggest sportbike club in Colorado with over 600 members 8)

Frauenheld
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 09:43 PM
I Don't have the TV coverage tape, but I have what Emily took from on the back of my bike. I can't get my computer online, so I'll get the camera to Spidey and we'll get it online.

Caught some decent shots of Hoopty and the others wheelieing (sp?) and stoppies, and an AWESOME segment of of the bike burn out. I already forgot your name, bro, but PM me and I'll make sure to get you a copy.

Great fun today!
WIll have pics up asap.

SO I rode to A-Basin after all this. One temp extreme to the other! Nice enugh up therer too to get all the way to the beach though, will have picks of that too when I can get them.
C y'all around!

thunderseye
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 11:14 PM
yeah tons of fun everyone and no one got hurt although hoopty did technically down 2 bikes well his twice almost a 3rd time at the end

KooLaid
Sun Mar 14th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Frauenheld-you've got mail! :D :D

Anonymous
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah, Bob said he was taping it. I got it on tape, our 30 seconds of fame :D I do have it on tape, and actually, it's more like 82 seconds of fame, if you include the 12 second intro after the commercial. :D

It was pretty cool, they introduced us as the biggest sportbike club in Colorado with over 600 members 8)Back in November or December, when I mailed in the application, that's where we were at. We're now almost at 800! I have to provide a little bio with the application to give them something to say about us when we pass, so basically, they only said that because that's what I "told them to say". :lol:

yeah tons of fun everyone and no one got hurt although hoopty did technically down 2 bikes well his twice almost a 3rd time at the endHoopty dumped it? I didn't see that (in my rear view mirrors)! :shock:

Anonymous
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 12:56 AM
I've uploaded the video onto my computer, but the hardware & software that I have is old, and the 1:22 of video is about 24MB. Is there anybody out there that can compress this?

thunderseye
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 04:43 AM
lol no before the show. and at wheelie school

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 07:01 AM
I've uploaded the video onto my computer, but the hardware & software that I have is old, and the 1:22 of video is about 24MB. Is there anybody out there that can compress this?

I can take it to 320x240 at a lower bit rate.

MR2FAST
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 07:16 AM

I can take it to 320x240 at a lower bit rate.

Hurry!! I really want to see all the fun that I missed out on! I am so glad that you all had great weather and nobody messed up out there! Wish I could have been thur! :cry:

~Barn~
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Hurry!! I really want to see all the fun that I missed out on! I am so glad that you all had great weather and nobody messed up out there! Wish I could have been thur! :cry:

:imwithstupid:

Hoopty
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Great times all! I had a blast. Now if only I can get a fan club, with hot chicks that want me to autograph their :boobies: :lol: I saw quite a few hotties cheering us on... :D I didn't get to see the parade vid yet, can't wait to though! By any chance, did we get on the news too, or was it just the parade vid?

Bob- I set her down when Ralph and I rode over to his car. I had the bike on the stand, in gear (I almost ALWAYS put it in neutral) and started her up, then let out the clutch. Normally the motor would kill in gear with the stand down, but I disconnected it when I removed the stand for racing... Anyway, let out the clutch and it went right down. :oops: Ralph thought it was pretty funny. :321: I also set it down nice and easy doing one of those rear end slides- I had it too low and couldn't bring it back up. :| No damage though, either time. :D

Anonymous
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Before I forget again (read "now that I'm awake") ...

THANK YOU to everyone who participated in this year's parade!!!!!!!!
We couldn't have done it without you!!! :up: :up: :up: 8)

And a big THANK YOU to Hoopty - the Star of the show!
The crowd absolutely loved your antics!!! :up: :up: :up: 8)

Hoopty
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 11:54 AM
BIG props to Bob for setting this up!!! :bow: Thanks guys, I had a blast. :rock:

yoda
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 12:02 PM
thank you bob we couldn't have done it without you. major props man :rock: :headbang: :up:

amazzon
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Great times all! I had a blast. Now if only I can get a fan club, with hot chicks that want me to autograph their :boobies: :lol: I saw quite a few hotties cheering us on... :D
:D

I think double D (Sully) is a fan. She has more than enuf 'room' for an autograph or two or three :shock: ... OOOOOOPPPSSS was that the outside voice? I am a Hoopty groupy as well :D not a 'hot chick' but...it's a start :| :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoopty
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 04:11 PM
:lol: :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Mar 22nd, 2004, 09:15 AM
Parade TV Coverage is here:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4979

Anonymous
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 11:05 AM
On-board footage is here:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62884#62884