PDA

View Full Version : How to wheelie video

McVaaahhh
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM
How to wheelie a motorcycle by Sportbike Magazine.

clicky (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6656191590638402466&q=motorcycle)

konichd
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I can now say that I can "armchair" wheelie!

Actually, this video was pretty good. Maybe even better than Kyle Woods "Wheelies for Dummies"

BenDover
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I found a better one...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7959899216670030257

:lol: :lol:

konichd
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Someone in the club should teach a little "how to" clinic for those of us that are "wheelie challanged."

Perhaps Eaheer???????

Gotsta have the wheelie!

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Someone in the club should teach a little "how to" clinic for those of us that are "wheelie challanged".

Perhaps Eaheer???????

Gotsta have the wheelie!

We've done that before and it turned into a cluster fuck because the people that did know how to wheelie that showed up wouldn't listen to Hoopty and I and the rules we needed to follow to make it safe for everyone.

konichd
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds like Chadwick is volunteering?

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Dude, you're on a ZX-10! Stop being a pussy and twist the throttle! :lol:

konichd
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I will pull a couple of the ignition wires out so its only on 2 cylinders. Then it will be just like a 600 right? :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 01:52 PM
:yes: ... :lol:

#1Townie
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I will pull a couple of the ignition wires out so its only on 2 cylinders. Then it will be just like a 600 right? :lol:

ummm to follow those rules youd want to stick with the 1000 at that sea leval... i was never able to throttle a sitdown up in the springs.. i didnt learn how to do it till i went to sac... but that is a good video... i do agree dont ride out of your limits.. when your first learing and you get the front end up about 6 inches it feels like your going to loop... a good way that was tought to me was when you cant see over your wind screen any more then you are at a good balance point... and trust me your not to tall for this to work... im 6'2 and the person who told me this is like 6'8...

I can now say that I can "armchair" wheelie!

Actually, this video was pretty good. Maybe even better than Kyle Woods "Wheelies for Dummies"

ummmm..... the arm chair??? are you speaking of a high chair?? siting on the tank with your legs over the wind screen...

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I think he's talking about doing a wheelie in his office chair :lol:

I could throttle up my F4i up here in Denver. It'd just take a few bounces of on and off the throttle. But I don't like sitting down anyways, I'm more of a "stand-up" guy ;) I feel more in control.

konichd
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I've been wheeling my office chair a little at a time all day baby!

Now the ZX-10 needs a turn. When's the wheelie school Wick?

Kristian
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Did anyone else notice that he sounded 'merican, but the plate ont the bike looked european?

Mel
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Most new(er) 600's will throttle wheelie at this altitude without too much effort ;)

#1Townie
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 05:32 PM
mine wouldnt.... probly rider error....

Mel
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM
mine wouldnt.... probly rider error....

hmmm, coulda been your driver modulator...those are bad on a lot of things. :D

#1Townie
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 05:47 PM
no i got it.... no rear seat fluid...

Wildturkee
Tue Mar 7th, 2006, 08:02 PM
blinker fluid was low... :D

Butterfly
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Most new(er) 600's will throttle wheelie at this altitude without too much effort ;)

Paul would wheelie my 636 with no problems :shock: Now one day I will learn how to :D

konichd
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I could wheel my pocketbike, but not the streetbike.... *hangs head in shame*

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM
My F4i won't throttle wheelie. I've never really tried but I've cracked the throttle open on occasion in first and felt the front end get light, but that's about it.

I'm a little bigger than most so that might have something to do with it. :D

Must.....get......bigger....bike

konichd
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Too bad I just can't buy wheelie skills off E-Bay like everything else.........

Wiggles, I gotsta have the wheelie!!!!!! :cry:

Mother Goose
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 09:08 AM
My F4i won't throttle wheelie. I've never really tried but I've cracked the throttle open on occasion in first and felt the front end get light, but that's about it.

I'm a bigger guy too (220lbs when I had my F4i). When you feel the front end get light like that, get off the throttle quick, then once you feel the forks compress and start to come back up, crack the throttle all the way open again. It'll come up :up: Just make sure you aren't hugging the tank when you do it, or else it won't come up.

I'd do it on my F4i, but it wasn't my favorite thing in the world to do. That was even before I changed the gearing.

Mother Goose
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Wiggles, I gotsta have the wheelie!!!!!! :cry:
once it gets nice again, i'll take you out and show you a couple things to get you started.

Sully
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Someone in the club should teach a little "how to" clinic for those of us that are "wheelie challanged".

Perhaps Eaheer???????

Gotsta have the wheelie!

We've done that before and it turned into a cluster fuck because the people that did know how to wheelie that showed up wouldn't listen to Hoopty and I and the rules we needed to follow to make it safe for everyone.

*hands on hips* You're not the boss of me ! :P

:lol:... Wheelie skoooo was fun ! :bananna:... :D

#1Townie
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM

I'm a bigger guy too (220lbs when I had my F4i). When you feel the front end get light like that, get off the throttle quick, then once you feel the forks compress and start to come back up, crack the throttle all the way open again. It'll come up :up: Just make sure you aren't hugging the tank when you do it, or else it won't come up.

I'd do it on my F4i, but it wasn't my favorite thing in the world to do. That was even before I changed the gearing.

i just gave up on that and started to use my clutch...

Devil954
Wed Mar 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Perhaps Eaheer???????

Gotsta have the wheelie!

:lol: And then Hoopty borrowed an R6 for the how not to wheelie portion of the class :lol: Sorry Dave , Couldnt resist :P

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 12:38 PM
:lol: And then Hoopty borrowed an R6 for the how not to wheelie portion of the class :lol: Sorry Dave , Couldnt resist :P
that was the first one, where I learned to wheelie :lol: