PDA

View Full Version : front turn signals on all the time

2wheeljunkie
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
ok so i got a 02 954 and in a cheap attempt to clean up the rear end i took off the ugly rear fender and attached my rear turn signals to the sides of the bracket. to do this i had to cut the wire that was hooked up to my liscense plate light. ever since i did that my front blinkers stay lit when the bike is on. what can i do to correct this problem???

Mel
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:08 PM
As far as I know, the Hondas are a dual element front ("running" lights and turn). My guess would be when you put it back together the wires didn't go back together right.

rybo
Thu Mar 9th, 2006, 01:40 PM
:imwithstupid:

I can confirm that most honda motorcycles DO have a dual element in the front turn signals that remains on all the time. There are three wires coming out of the back of the turn signal stalk that connect to wires on the wiring harness. Typically two of the wires have the same colored insulation with the only difference being a small stripe on one of them. Reversing these wires will result in the brighter of the elements remaining on all of the time and a malfunctioning of the turn signal when you turn it on. Switching them back will solve your problem (if I understand it correctly)

If you never had the front signals disconnected I would argue that you are just now looking at your bike more closely and have just noticed the "running light" feature. One way to test this is to turn on the blinker. If the flashing is brighter than the "always on" state then you're just fine.

best to you

Scott