PDA

View Full Version : yoshimura questions

Erratic
Tue Nov 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the RS-1 and the RS-3 slip-on is.

And is there a big difference, besides look, between carbon, steel and titanium. I've noticed huge price differences between the 3 different looks.

Oh and if some one has one of these on an F4i please let me know what you think.

Anonymous
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Steel is heavy.

Ti and Carbon are both lightweight, Ti will be more crash resistant but not quite as cool looking... Metal cans will also get hot enough to burn your skin (might be an issue if you have passengers) whereas Carbon will just get a little warm - in the wintertime I actually use my carbon cans as handwarmers, they're the perfect temp.

KooLaid
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 10:30 PM
I don't know the diff. between the RS-1 and RS-3 off the top of my head but:
I think you should avoid those jap cans with the F4i. Don't like the way they sound at all and they are pricey. I'm thinking you should go the way of: 1- Leo Vinci, 2- Jardine Race, 3- Mig 4-Akropovich 5- Erion 6. M4
Biggest bang for the buck 1. Jardine 2. Leo Vinci
The rest are just lotsa bucks for the bang. And Erion, Lotsa bucks, not too much bang, and I believe they come in the chose of black aluminum low mount and black aluminum low mount.
AWESOME looking mounting on the M1 cans, super clean, no straps
All 6 pipes give a nice deep tone at low RPMs.
Jap cans (i'm asian I can say that) tend to whine alot, higher pitch, signature, coffee can honda civic sound.
Erion is a bit higher pitch in sound compared to the other 5.
Metal choice, pick what you want. Aluminum/stainless is heaviest. Carbon/Titanium weight about 1lb less than aluminum/stainless. They sound the same. If you stunt alot or plan to race or track day alot, then go for aluminum for price and crash durability, titanium is durable too but pricey and lighter. Carbon is EXCELLENT for the street if you plan to carry passengers, dissapates heat FAST, won't burn your passenger if she touchs skin against the carbon can. Plus makes a great handwarmer in cold weather. It won't survive too well in a crash, but will survive crashes ok IF, it is a high mount and the passenger peg mounts on the outside of the pipe, like a cage to protect it. I can vouch for that, tested and true twice. No damage to can, just the mid pipe and it was hard enough of an impact to break the passenger peg mounts clean off the subframe, twice.
Oh yeah, DO NOT BUY D&D OR DIE IF YOU DO! Everyone will behind you, next to you, around you, living within blocks of you will hate you. BUT cops will still love you, actually even more.

KooLaid
Wed Nov 19th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah, Ralph you're the man, my thoughts exactly on your post, only in much fewer words
Oh yeah, I ride an F4i with a Leo Carbon High mount can. 96.6 rwhp tested @ Ericos this summer. LOTS of mods, but tested it with WORN drivechain, dirty 10,000 miles of crude k&n air filter, 85 octane, 7,000 old honda filter and honda cheap oil. bald rear tire w/ almost threads, and fatty rich running PC3. Oh yeah, my bike had over 12,000 miles when I ran it, barely turned one year old, so it had a hard start in life. Just went over 19,000 miles this month, about to hit 20,000 miles. Not bad for a 2002.

Erratic
Thu Nov 20th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the help. I have been considering Jardine also. pricy stuff though.

KooLaid
Thu Nov 20th, 2003, 12:11 AM
jardine is DIRT cheap. Cheapest out there. I think I sell the aluminum low mount jardine race for $225 + shipping versus the yosh RS-1 for $295 + shipping

KooLaid
Thu Nov 20th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Did my homework: RS-1 slip-ons feature a spring-mounted, quick release muffler to midpipe, like racing application to switch cans to keep noise levels down in restricted tracks aka Laguna Seca. RS-3 slip-ons feature a hard mount muffler (no springs) to midpipe (gixxer for example). There, happy now??? Now you can be a RS-1, RS-3 Enstein to all ur friends ;-) Oh yeah, have NEVER seen an RS-3 for the F4i.

Erratic
Thu Nov 20th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Did my homework: RS-1 slip-ons feature a spring-mounted, quick release muffler to midpipe, like racing application to switch cans to keep noise levels down in restricted tracks aka Laguna Seca. RS-3 slip-ons feature a hard mount muffler (no springs) to midpipe (gixxer for example). There, happy now??? Now you can be a RS-1, RS-3 Enstein to all ur friends ;-) Oh yeah, have NEVER seen an RS-3 for the F4i.

That makes sense, I've never seen the RS-3 for F4i either.

I've been looking and I have found Jardine regular mount aluminum for $209. That definetly is dirt cheap. Leo's are pretty expensive though. I'm pretty sure I'll go with Jardine. Just gotta decide if I want to spend more money for Ti and high mount. That runs it up to about $440