PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Boots

NealJB
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Im in the market to pick up a pair of motorcycle boots and Im just wondering what have worked best for people here. Im looking for something simple, not real "sporty" or "race-y" (is that a word? :roll: )

Any input would be most helpful

Thanks all!
Neal

AshliRider44
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I have the Alpinestars GP-3 Waterproof boots---- They are comfortable and I love them--- I've also heared good things about the SMX-3's :up:

BlueDevil
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Ive had severeal pairs of Alipnestars boots. No break in and confy from day 1. I like them.

rybo
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I just picked up a pair of these for commuting

http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_matrix_goretex_boots_page.htm

New enough is my favorite online retailer of all time. They are fantastic at customer service and offer quality products at a reasonable price.

Im in the market to pick up a pair of motorcycle boots and Im just wondering what have worked best for people here. Im looking for something simple, not real "sporty" or "race-y" (is that a word? :roll: )

Any input would be most helpful

Thanks all!
Neal

Spiderman
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Every foot is different!

Go to Performance Cycle, try some on, and find the one(s) that fit you best. They have a good selection of boots in many different styles.

Some tips on fitment:
- I add an insole to European boots so they fit me just right - you may want to bring some along.
- When trying on boots, wear the same socks you would normally wear when riding.

Click on the sponsors link in my sig to get the contact info for Performance. Tell them Bob from 4 Horsemen Racing sent you. 8)

Mel
Fri Mar 10th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I have a pair of Joe Rocket street boots that are just really basic but I have been quite happy with them for street riding (lightweight, breathable in hot weather). However, for the track I am planning to get something a lil more "race-y" because I broke a toe when I wrecked.
I have heard goot things about A-Stars, and a lot of people swear by Sidi's (which are what I think I will get for the track).