PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day Parade Video

Player 2
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Right Click & Save Target As to download.... (http://rankeddomains.com/2006StPatricksDayParade.wmv)

Suki
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Nice work Jon!

Hey Mel, now i have proof that you're a horrible mother putting your child on that "death bike"!!!!!

:lol:

CBRChick
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Awesome!! Thanks Jon!! :up:

Spiderman
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 07:50 AM
:imwithstupid:

Thanks!!! :up:

McVaaahhh
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
very nice, thanks a lot. :rock:

Mel
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Hey Mel, now i have proof that you're a horrible mother putting your child on that "death bike"!!!!! :lol:

You're just jealous it wasn't you back there holding me tight :boobies:

Nice work Jon!!!

Player 2
Tue Mar 14th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Glad I could take care of it :up:

firefghtr
Wed Mar 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
thats cool but no wheelies this year? hoopty where ya at

Spiderman
Wed Mar 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
You must have missed this: St. Patty's Day Parade - No stunting allowed (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21398)

Snowman
Wed Mar 15th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Why was I the only one with a helmet on?

Player 2
Wed Mar 15th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Cause the rest of us took our lives into our hands that day by not wearing 'em :roll:

Mel
Wed Mar 15th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I figure no reason to wear a helmet if you ain't got nothin to protect :D

R1chie
Thu Mar 16th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Why was I the only one with a helmet on?

This topic was one of my very first posts about helmet laws and this event. My stance was to agree with the freedom to choose to wear a helmet or not but I was told how stupid I was to agree with no helmet law. When I questioned the video, I was told people had the right to choose because of the slow speed (I mentioned that the stunter could have crashed or some could have dropped the bike and hit head against curb and that it was a poor image for a group that takes such a strong stance to wear helmets). It was controversial to say the least. It has taken me all this time to learn one very important lesson. The less I post anything that might have the slightest contorversy here, the better. :D

Mel
Thu Mar 16th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Was there this much controversy after last years parade when Hoopty was the only one wearing a helmet?

#1Townie
Thu Mar 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
hey.... its great you guys went out and did your thing... i understand that there is a no helmet law in colorado..... but.... and now this is just me thinking this... and i know.. o here goes clownie again... but... when trying to promote safe riding should be wearing your helmet?? i mean with so many people watching...

yeah that looked great... guys doing burnouts towards the people with no lids on... you guys are the safest bunch i have ever seen on tv... i posted the video of someone loosing control of their bike and hitting another rider in the pics section of this topic... just imagine what would have happened if any of you lost control of your bike and killed a kid watching you... hey sorry but it could have happened.. same maybe about the family in the mini van swearing to avoid hitting me...

my bad if i step on any toes on this one.. but hey all the crap i have taken... it was my shot to give some back..

sorry

Player 2
Thu Mar 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
:roll:

#1Townie
Thu Mar 16th, 2006, 05:33 PM
http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1127671964
:roll:

Airreed
Thu Mar 16th, 2006, 05:50 PM
It's interesting the amount of negative posts there have been about the parade (stunting, burnouts, no gear)....this is suppose to be a 'sportbike club" yet sooo many people want to "dog out" the next person.

I always wear a helmet, jacket, gloves, boots when I ride...but for the parade I didnt wear a helmet. There's a few reasons: 1. My top speed was probably 5mph. 2. It's nice to interact with the audience; ie talk to them for a few seconds. 3. You are more personable without a helmet with dark visor.

The intent of the parade was to promote the CSC in a positive manner, I feel the TV spokepeople did a good job with that.

We can always quarterback the next guy/event but lets try to make positive strides as a club, such as helping the next NOOB with getting the right bike, or riding sweeper for a slow group of riders, showing a fellow rider how to fix or do preventive maint to his/her bike.

So if you're new to riding hit me up if you want to go for a slower ride or need some guidance on gear or maint.

latas

Jason

CBRChick
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 07:36 AM
:applause: Well said Jason! And in response to the video Townie posted... looks like that was a rolling buronout... more things can go wrong with that than a normal burnout.

I just don't get why this is becoming such an issue this year when we've done the parade how many years the exact same way??? This was probably the "safest" year since no one was doing any moving stunts (i.e. wheelies, stoppies).

Mel
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 09:18 AM
:imwithstupid: and well said Jason.
Bad things can happen during any activity....I mean people get worked up and die during sex.
I have always been all about safety and wear my gear whenever I am out. However, along the parade route, there are people clapping, laughing, chatting with you. I had 3 people who specifically came up to my bike and asked how long I had been riding, how many people in the club, was it open to anyone, etc. 2 of those people were 18 year old guys just buying their first bike, and looking for some people to help them along their way. While I am by far not the best rep for the club as a whole, I felt good that I was able to smile, interact, and (briefly) give them a quick bit of info about the club. I also had my daughter with me on my bike and wanted to be able to interact with her while going through the parade as well.

rforsythe
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Wow, this thread is enlightening. :roll: :jerkoff:

Spiderman
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
:jerkoff:Careful! You might get too worked up & die! :shock: Make sure you're wearing your protective gear! :lol: