PDA

View Full Version : Nice saterday ride

Wildturkee
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Hey all, for those of you that don't know i drive trucks through out the US, and i don't get home often, im also a "Newbee" to riding and when i am home i like to ride as much as possible, i have been out on 1 sunday ride with a group of people and really enjoyed it...any way i know that I will be home the week end of april 7th through 10th, I have a "safety" class on sunday the 9th so that day is out, but the 8th is open. i would like to plan on a ride that day amy thoughts were:

Meet around 9 AM at the Conoco in Morrison, Leave no later that 10am.
route i planed is
leave conoco, go through morrison to
hwy 8 to
285 through
turkey creek canyon (tiny town) to
285 to
hwy 126 (through pine) to
hwy 67 (through deckers) to
Hwy 24 (woodland park) to (stop in fairplay for lunch?)
hwy 9 (through breckenridge) to
Swan Mountian Road (south side of dillon res)to
us 6 (over loveland pass) to
I70 to
buff bills turn off to
us6 (by way of look out mountian)
from 6th split up/go home
Approx 200 miles?

this route depends on the weather and road conditions

if any one has any input on this just say so, i know it is pretty long, and will take all day, :dunno: :headbang:

BenDover
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Dude, I'm not too paranoid about cops reading the board, but you are just jinxing yourself by posting your route.

McVaaahhh
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Sounds great, but I personally would keep the route under 10,000 feet until mid to later summer. It can get mighty cold up there and there will probably be lots of sand and maybe some ice over the passes.

Just my $.02.

I might be down for it, we'll see when it gets closer.

Wildturkee
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM
ya i know that the breck/loveland pass might be a long shot, i posted the route to give people an idea that id like to do a long ride, its not a mandantory that we do the route exactly eather, im open to any and all sugestions, and comments sence the fact i am a newbee, all commnts help, id just like to spend the entire day riding, not just a few hrs

Nick_Ninja
Fri Mar 17th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Take a left at Woodland Park and go east. Hwy 83 out through Franktown is a nice ride this time of year.