PDA

View Full Version : performace cycle sale

firefghtr
Fri Nov 21st, 2003, 11:51 AM
Performance cycle is haveing a huge sale on everything-helmets,boots,suits,jackest,other apparel, equipment etc. from 10% to 60% off some stuff. go check it out day after turkey and that saturday too. ;)

Dysco
Fri Nov 21st, 2003, 02:34 PM
Probably won't be as crazy as the MX sale- There were like 100 people there at 0730!

friscokidd
Fri Nov 21st, 2003, 04:26 PM
is that just the stuff they have in stock or mail order as well? Found the helmet i want, but dont think they have it in stock.

Anonymous
Fri Nov 21st, 2003, 08:22 PM
is that just the stuff they have in stock or mail order as well? Found the helmet i want, but dont think they have it in stock.It's just for in-stock items. :|

Here's they flyer they're sending out:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/PerformanceTurkeyDaySale2003_p1.jpg

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/PerformanceTurkeyDaySale2003_p2.jpg

Ripper
Fri Nov 21st, 2003, 11:58 PM
SWEET!!!

friscokidd
Sat Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:58 AM
just may have to check it out on saturday. Just sold the gsxr, so i have some cash i really cant spend, but what the hell :D

BlueDevil
Mon Nov 24th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Ill B there in Friday.

CSUAdam
Tue Nov 25th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Bump. Just trying to keep this up top so that people don't forget.

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 07:26 AM
WASTE OF MY TIME!!!!

I was there and the stuff was marked as if it was a huge deal...... and it was the same ole everyday price they always have. Only a few items were discounted at a sale price even worth considering. Im sad I went and wasted a perfectly good time sitting on my couch. :x

NineTwoFour
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 07:53 AM
I'm with you on this one bro...

TOTAL waste of my time. I should have just stayed home and worked on my garage. Would have been great if I wanted to pay $20 more than I can find on the internet for just about everything that was "ON SALE"

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 08:03 AM
I'm with you on this one bro...

TOTAL waste of my time. Would have been great if I wanted to pay $20 more than I can find on the internet for just about everything that was "ON SALE"

Thats exactly right. Everything I wanted was either less on the net or they only has XS or XXL sizes. Ohwell it was a nice day to be out at least.. I did get to meet ELF. Nice talking with you.

Anonymous
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 08:06 AM
It was mostly riding gear that was on sale. I know Pit Bull stands were also discounted, but that was about it for hardware. There was only 1 oil that was on sale (they got a good deal on it), and that was the Bel Ray 10w40 (gallon only) as mentioned in the ad.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 08:18 AM
I waited over a month for the sale because the owner told me the pipes and suits would be marked down more.
They weren't!!!!!!! The suit have been 299.99 for over a month, now! The pipes were the same every day normal price.
We bought a bunch of shit so, I got them to knock off 10% on a Yosh. pipe :D
I did find a good deal on an Alpinstar leather jacket. Got front and rear stands too. Bunch of little crap as well.

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 08:25 AM
I wanted the Edwards replica ARAI to be dscouned and it wasnt. It was the same price as it was all summer. Hell even 10% off would have made me want it. BUt its the same price aa always. Also, they advertised it like it was a huge sale. After I saw the sticker that said retail 664.00 NOW 399.00!!!! I was so mad I just didnt care to be there. THe Teknic back protector was reg price as well and marked as though it was a huge sale. I bought it there for the same price a few months ago.

I did see a good price on an A Star jacket as well. That was it though. Unless I could wear an XS glove.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 08:28 AM
THe Teknic back protector was reg price as well and marked as though it was a huge sale. I bought it there for the same price a few months ago.

No shit!!!!! I bought one of those. Thought I got a deal :x

Just like Sniagrab - a big scam.

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 08:51 AM
U got the Teknic 7 bar back protector for 49.99? Reg price 64.99?

Yep it has been 49.99 all summer. I got the same one on Aug.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 09:20 AM
U got the Teknic 7 bar back protector for 49.99? Reg price 64.99?

Yep it has been 49.99 all summer. I got the same one on Aug.

Live -n- learn... I guess...

haywood jablome
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 09:58 AM
thats what i got mine for also. Damn think saved my life already!!!!!

Anonymous
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 10:59 AM
I waited over a month for the sale because the owner told me the pipes and suits would be marked down more.
They weren't!!!!!!! The suit have been 299.99 for over a month, now! The pipes were the same every day normal price.
I did find a good deal on an Alpinstar leather jacket. Got front and rear stands too. Bunch of little crap as well.

I wanted the Edwards replica ARAI to be dscouned and it wasnt. It was the same price as it was all summer. Hell even 10% off would have made me want it. BUt its the same price aa always. Also, they advertised it like it was a huge sale. After I saw the sticker that said retail 664.00 NOW 399.00!!!! I was so mad I just didnt care to be there. THe Teknic back protector was reg price as well and marked as though it was a huge sale. I bought it there for the same price a few months ago.

I did see a good price on an A Star jacket as well. That was it though. Unless I could wear an XS glove.
Did either of you guys bring this up to the staff there? I'm curious as to why things weren't marked down more (as advertised)... unless they were still referring to MSRP? :dunno:

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 11:13 AM
I didnt really bother. It seemed that they feel if they are below retail that its a huge deal. (Even though its the standard price anywhere)However, NO ONE charges retail anymore.....not in my oppinion anyway. Not if they want to do biz anymore. Afterall its not a car dealer. I dont want to sit haggle over products. It seems silly to me.

I would rather support local biz than buy from sone internet biz I never heard of, but retail orgs are just suffering to the hand of the internet, but at this rate the UPS guy and I will be on a first name basis. (I suppose thats a different topic though)

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 11:49 AM
I didnt really bother. It seemed that they feel if they are below retail that its a huge deal.

I say something every time and try to get a deal there but, they NEVER budge. So, the internet always wins!

at this rate the UPS guy and I will be on a first name basis.

I already am :D

Anonymous
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 04:44 PM
I just went in to Performance yesterday to pick up some pants that they ordered for Tania (at the sale price). This is the first I've been back since the sale. I got to speaking to Rob about some of these issues, and we looked briefly at a couple of complaints in particular. I'm not trying to bash anybody and I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything. I'm just hoping to shed some light on things and/or maybe clear up some confusion. I am not on anybody's side - I am just trying to (hopefully) set the record straight, but in the end, I suppose it's still your word against theirs, just as it's your decision as to where you spend your money.

You have to remember that, under most circumstances, the web is always going to be cheaper than a brick & mortar store (even when the same item is on sale at the brick & mortar store). Also, one of the main reasons for Performance's end-of-season sale is to get rid of the old & make room for the new - this will mean that they will only have some items in odd sizes & colors - it also means that they may have lots of stuff that you don't want. And one of the main advantages of a brick & mortar store is the advice & help their staff can give you, as well as being able to try things on for size.

That being said, here are complaints that we looked at:

I did find a good deal on an Alpinstar leather jacket. Got front and rear stands too. Bunch of little crap as well.- According to Rob (and confirmed by Don), prior to the sale, the suits were $399 - the price was dropped $100 just for the sale (they still have a few at that price). He peeled off the orange $299 sticker to show me the orange $399 sticker underneath it.
- As far as being told by the owner that pipes would also be on sale - I didn't read that part before it came up so I didn't ask and don't know. Rob did tell me that they're already 15% below MSRP on those pipes, which is why they were'nt part of the sale.
- The reason you got 10% off the pipe is not necessarily (or entirely) due to the fact that you bought a whole bunch of stuff, but, as Rob remembered (something to the effect of) - if there's a day to ask for a discount, this was it.

I did see a good price on an A Star jacket as well. That was it though. Unless I could wear an XS glove.- The Edwards replica ARAI was discounted $100 for the sale - the price prior to the sale was $499. Rob peeled off the orange $399 sticker to show me the orange $499 sticker that was underneath it. They are still available at $399 if you want.
- The Teknic back protector wasn't discounted any more - it was at their everyday low price of $49 (MSRP is $65). I bought mine on the net & paid $42 (best price I could find) + $7 shipping - you do the math - I saved tax, but that's it.
- All gloves were marked down at least 15%. Depending on what you were looking for, they may have only had odd sizes & colors left (I was interested in some JR Phoenix gloves, but they're summer gloves and it was end of season, so they're only blowing out what they've got in stock). They did have $100 gloves on sale for $20, but they were more of a touring glove - black only, and didn't have any carbon/kevlar knuckes, so most of us (myself included) probably missed them.

What I think may have happened, is that because the sale price on the orange sticker was directly on top of the previous price (also on an orange sticker), it wasn't obvious how much the price had changed from the day before.
One more thing I found out last night - a little known fact - if you buy a case of anything (ie: oil :idea: ) they will deduct 15% off the price at the cash.

Let the comments fly. :|

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I did find a good deal on an Alpinstar leather jacket. Got front and rear stands too. Bunch of little crap as well.- According to Rob (and confirmed by Don), prior to the sale, the suits were $399 - the price was dropped $100 just for the sale (they still have a few at that price). He peeled off the orange $299 sticker to show me the orange $399 sticker underneath it.
- As far as being told by the owner that pipes would also be on sale - I didn't read that part before it came up so I didn't ask and don't know. Rob did tell me that they're already 15% below MSRP on those pipes, which is why they were'nt part of the sale.
- The reason you got 10% off the pipe is not necessarily (or entirely) due to the fact that you bought a whole bunch of stuff, but, as Rob remembered (something to the effect of) - if there's a day to ask for a discount, this was it.

If the $299 was for the sale only, how did
I buy one at $299 three weeks before the
sale? My buddy got one 5 weeks before.

I DID get 10% off because of how much I
spent. He even looked behind the counter
too see how big our "pile" was before he would
answer. And, their story to me is 10% of MSRP not 15%.

This will probably keep me out of the store for good.
I know what I was told because I was told the same
story every week for about two months.

Oh well...

Anonymous
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 05:13 PM
If the $299 was for the sale only, how did
I buy one at $299 three weeks before the
sale? My buddy got one 5 weeks before.Good question. Do you and your buddy still have your receipt? Any chance you could scan them for me (digital pic should also work)? I'd like to ask Rob the same question.

I DID get 10% off because of how much I
spent. He even looked behind the counter
too see how big our "pile" was before he would
answer. And, their story to me is 10% of MSRP not 15%.I may have been wrong on the 15% thing - I knew it was either 10% or 15%, but since I didn't write anything down and a lot of numbers were tossed around last night, I very well may have made a mistake. As for the reasoning behind his answer, I'm only relaying what Rob said to me last night. I *know* that most retailers are inclined to give you a better deal if you're buying a bunch of stuff. I always ask too - it never hurts. 'nuff said.

This will probably keep me out of the store for good.
I know what I was told because I was told the same
story every week for about two months.

Oh well... :| :dunno: Sorry. I was just trying to help.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Sorry. I was just trying to help.

No worries!

I wish I had the receipt!!!! I sold that suit to
another buddy because I got the same suit on
eBay for $228 :D I will look for it, though.

BlueDevil
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Good call and thanks for pointing out a few things. I wont bash. The net will always be better priced but stores have the advantage of getting it today......... That ARAI goes below 400.00 and Ill buy it...............

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 06:19 PM
--

Anonymous
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Cool. I'll let you know what I find out.