PDA

View Full Version : Under Leather Undies!?

wingnut
Mon Nov 24th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Is it necessary to wear special "long" underwear underneath racing leathers? Do they even make something that will keep you cool during race day? Or will a t-shirt and speedo's do the trick?

haywood jablome
Mon Nov 24th, 2003, 04:04 PM
I like mine

Anonymous
Mon Nov 24th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Good question - it's crossed my mind a few times too.! I've see a lot of racers wearing them, but I haven't tried them myself.

Hozerking
Mon Nov 24th, 2003, 06:15 PM
It kind of depends on your body type... some people don't wear socks and their feet don't stink but I'm not one of those people. wearing leathers without a liner of somesort to me is like wearing shoes without socks, but as long as you have extra layer in the obvious area's that can stink you should be fine! :lol:

I don't wear full leathers just a two piece, when its really hot out like 114 out in Utah this summer I had on basketball mesh shorts(bike shorts for a while) and synthetic t-shirt that helps to wick the moisture and my gear doesn't stink yet! .... however I had to wash my helmet again only after a week of severe conditions like that.... there was no liner!

I have read that people think highly of the underarmor (commonly used by football players), and there are a few alternatives out there as well. full synthetics wick well but can stink if not treated with some sort of any bacterial crap, I preffer blended fabrics like some jocky t-shirts stuff that wicks well but doesn't stink... esspecially after repeated use and only sink washing over night in the hotel room or creek.

-al

Hoopty
Tue Nov 25th, 2003, 08:11 AM
I see a ton of the MRA racers wearing UnderArmour. 8)

BlueDevil
Tue Nov 25th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I wear a Rebok shirt made of the underarmor stuff. (Wallmart 3.00) Totally pulls sweat away and keeps U dry. Just wear some thin cotton shorts. Seems to work pretty well for me.

firefghtr
Tue Nov 25th, 2003, 09:19 AM
ha you should wear wole long johns :D

Billy
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I wear UnderArmor or its equiv. Kushi and some other people make special stuff though, I think for around $100.

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Jan 15th, 2004, 07:46 AM
I see a ton of the MRA racers wearing UnderArmour. 8)

I like the Under Armour cause it makes getting in and out of the leathers a lot easier. Once I start moving, the UA also acts as a cooling layer. You can get it at Garts for about 35.00 for each piece( top or bottom). Trying to get in and out of leathers with a sweaty T-shirt is almost impossible for me. With the UA, the leathers just slide right on and off. UA also makes different types for cool and warm weather. My $.02 worth :D