PDA

View Full Version : 03/25-03/26 ride

freezincold
Fri Mar 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM
So new to the area I don't even know my way around yet. I am in the centennial/englewood area.

It looks like the Conoco station in Morrison is where a few of you meet. Is it a weekly bike night, daily or?????

Coming into town last night my first thought was "there is still snow on the ground"! Is riding season upon us? If so.... :thumbup: COOL!

I would like to find people to ride with so pm me or post up and let's ride! I'm not really into stunting. Track days and canyons mostly.

Thanks!

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Mar 25th, 2006, 08:32 PM
The Morrison Conoco is a Saturday/Sunday a.m. meeting spot. Just show up as soon as it's warmed up some (I'll be there about 9:30 or 10:00 Sunday) and hang out for a little while and see who shows up. Different groups of different flavors use that location to meet up, just look for sport bikes and say hi. Everyone's friendly, even the cops. Sometimes there's nobody there, sometimes a whole bunch show and break into smaller groups. Unless someone posts up a specific meet, it's pretty much casual.

Oh, and we shoot posers.

freezincold
Sat Mar 25th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Coolio man...I'll see you out there on Sunday.
I actually met par1 (who was picking up an MV AGUSTA) and he showed me some nice roads. They are fun with gravel. I cannot describe how they must be without gravel. Does everyone get to shoot the posers.

Mel
Sun Mar 26th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Does everyone get to shoot the posers.

Pssshhh, are you kidding? That is part of your initiation (that and buying a round of drinks if you make it to bike night at Brecks)! Once you have been initiated, then you are allowed to have some fun with the posers before the shooting begins :devil1:

There are different group that hook up as JOE referenced, and each group typically has a different riding style...just find who you are comfortable with, and don't worry about your speed, skill, etc (most everyone will wait for you to catch up if necessary). Everyone is pretty friendly ('cept for me ;)) and you will only be made fun of if you ride a Honda :lol:.

Mista Black
Sun Mar 26th, 2006, 12:40 AM
<snip>and you will only be made fun of if you ride a Honda :lol:.

that it?? :?

freezincold
Sun Mar 26th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Nice,

I think I will make it down to Brecks on Wed.

I will be out today around 1:00 as I pretty much have to get moved into my apt. I really should have started yesterday but decided to go riding instead.
I've been living out of my trailer for the last 4 months in Louisiana so I am looking forward to having a full sized shower and kitchen.....or maybe I am loosing focus...should I go riding earlier and do this whole moving thing after work tomorrow?

Mel
Sun Mar 26th, 2006, 10:56 AM
With the MotoGP season opener being today, a group of people is gonna be up at Jillians (Jillian's Entertainment (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.586777,92.109375&q=Jillian%27s,+CO&near=&cid=37062500,-95677068,4770290835378909598&li=lmd&ll=39.74521,-105.155725&spn=0.026662,0.044975)) to watch.

freezincold
Sun Mar 26th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I just finished moving in and it is now 4:50. I cannot believe I missed the first moto gp race. Crying Crying
I now just found out that my apt comes with speed tv. :) ...wich doesn't suck.

Thanks for the heads up..

Bugkiller1
Mon Mar 27th, 2006, 07:40 AM
I attempted to ride Sunday morning and nearly got blown off the road. On 470, just approaching Morrison there was litterally a black cloud sitting on top of the road. Never felt that out of control on a bike in the wind. I turned around on Hampden. Anyone else actually make it to the Conoco?

Bueller
Mon Mar 27th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Yep. Made it 1/2 way up Bear Creek and started running into wet roads and snow. Went home.

JOE!!!!!!
Mon Mar 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I actually made it to the Conoco a little after 10 Sunday. The wind was enormously stupid. Coming down 6 from Lookout Mtn to 470, I was literally slammed over from the right shoulder to the left. I kissed the tank(still can't see out the screen on the R1) and yanked it back over just before I created a new shortcut to the Taj Mahal. I made it to the Conoco and hung out for an hour or so, hanging onto the parked R1 to keep it from being blown over. Talked to Nat for a long time ( he was riding his Harley edition Ford Fwhatever). Nobody showed. Pussies!

By the way, I'm having a real problem with the R1. It's decided to not pull more than 8-9000 rpm, than feels like a soft rev limiter is kicking in. So it's back up at CO Powersports. This sucks.

freezincold
Mon Mar 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
joe...that does suck. I kept looking over that way thinking it was looking pretty bad some of the time, but at least one guy I knew was heading out and said it was supposed to be beautiful. I now don't feel too bad.

I did notice though that I forgot to set my clock back...so it was only 3:50 or so when I posted that.