PDA

View Full Version : Major kudo's to Colorado Powersports service guys

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Apr 1st, 2006, 07:00 PM
I have to give a shout out to Greg and Jeremy in the service dept. at CO Powersports in Northglen. I've mentioned on this board that I was having serious issues on my new R1, and Greg went to town on it so I could have it for this weekend. Jeremy runs the counter and kept me informed, and Greg had to change out half the electronics to track down what turned out to be a bad sub-throttle servo. I picked it up this morning when they opened and Greg had another '06 R1 standing next to mine, with the bad servo plugged into it so he he could actually show me what it was doing to cause the motor to stop revving at ~9000. He made sure I understood that they would do everything they could to make sure I was happy with my new toy. He had ridden it himself, and even did some full power pulls on their new dyno (they just installed it this week). I took it out and headed to Deckers right off.

Holy f**cking sh!t!! I had no idea what this bike is capable of. Wish I had it at PMI yesterday. I may have to take it to R2SL along with the R6.

Folks, this is what service is supposed to be like. Colorado Powersports did a #1 job as fast as possible, and communicated with me the whole week. I got a call from Trisha Wed. night, doing the customer relations thing, making sure I was good with what was happening. Talked for 45 minutes.

And no, they're not one of my race sponsors (this year). I'm just a very satisfied customer.

denverbusa
Sun Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:45 AM
Glad to hear you got your bike back!

Sooooooooooo... What did she do on the dyno?

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 2nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
I didn't ask. I don't think they're set up to do "real" testing just yet, but the dyno is set up enough to put a bike on it and run it thru the gears just to watch the tach. This is how Greg knew it would pull to redline in each gear. They should be ready to go in a week or so after the the Super Flo techs get all the accessories hooked up and everyone gets trained. I'm on the way to the Conoco right know to meet up with a teammate on his RC51 and get knocked around in the wind.

swademaster
Sun Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
I have to give a shout out to Greg and Jeremy in the service dept. at CO Powersports in Northglen. I've mentioned on this board that I was having serious issues on my new R1, and Greg went to town on it so I could have it for this weekend. Jeremy runs the counter and kept me informed, and Greg had to change out half the electronics to track down what turned out to be a bad sub-throttle servo. I picked it up this morning when they opened and Greg had another '06 R1 standing next to mine, with the bad servo plugged into it so he he could actually show me what it was doing to cause the motor to stop revving at ~9000. He made sure I understood that they would do everything they could to make sure I was happy with my new toy. He had ridden it himself, and even did some full power pulls on their new dyno (they just installed it this week). I took it out and headed to Deckers right off.

Holy f**cking sh!t!! I had no idea what this bike is capable of. Wish I had it at PMI yesterday. I may have to take it to R2SL along with the R6.

Folks, this is what service is supposed to be like. Colorado Powersports did a #1 job as fast as possible, and communicated with me the whole week. I got a call from Trisha Wed. night, doing the customer relations thing, making sure I was good with what was happening. Talked for 45 minutes.

And no, they're not one of my race sponsors (this year). I'm just a very satisfied customer.

This was an April Fools, right?

I haven't been in there in a long time and don't plan to ever go back. Both of those names are new since I was there last. Hopefully they have someone in there that knows what's going on now. Glad you had a good experience with them.

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
I don't know when the last reshuffle happened there, this happens a lot with bike dealers. I do know I have been treated really well from the get-go, this is my first experience with Colorado Powersports. The thing I do find a little strange is the 3 "parts" of the business (sales, parts, service) are owned by separate entities. I was warned that trying to get a decent package deal (new bike, throw in some accessories, service plan) might be tough. But I wasn't interested in that, just a bike. When I told Mike in parts that I wanted a seat cowl and could get it for XXX online he matched the price. When I was looking at bikes at first, the sales guys let me take out and test ride anything I wanted. And now the service thing, I'm totally happy. Took the R1 out again today and it's hot. :fire: