PDA

View Full Version : Deer on Horsepower Hill

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
Heads up for those on the Deckers route. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've had several deer run out in front of me on or near the Hill. Whoever that was on the sportbikes headed south, we got your sign for the sheriff (thanks - he had someone pulled over in Buffalo Creek), but that got me to cut short the downhill plunge I was on. Just past the bottom of the hill there were 6 deer on the side. 3 jumped right out, 2 more hesitated and bolted right in front of me. Missed em by that much. The last one shot out right at the rest of the group, nothing hit except the internal rev limiter. :o

sfarson
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:43 AM
Recent ride up Horsepower and there were six deer on the right side shoulder as I flew up. Blended in so well with the background wouldn't have had much time to react. Fortunately they all did an about face and ran up the sloping hill.

There is a Jeffco Sheriff assigned to this stretch of road. Regular and daily patrol started late summer '05. Typically driving a white pick-up truck with an ATV in the rear. Don't live far from this road and see him all the time. Often parks in Buffalo Creek. From what I understand the source for this patrol is the many bike accidents, and there was a flurry of them spring and early summer '05.

Mista Black
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:49 AM
Fortunately, I'm a kinder, gentler rider..... :D

RAGrote
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:44 AM
You all need to start looking around when you ride....

I see deer EVERY time I go through Deckers and HP hill...

I have a friend who commutes throught there and has seen deer, cougar, elk, bear AND BISON and has the pictures to prove it.

I find it frightening that you feel the siting is rare enough to post a warning.

Here's the warning!!!

There are deer, elk, bear, cougar, big horn sheep and bison in the mountains of Colorado... just in case you had any doubt.

Start looking around people or be prepared for a RUDE surprise.
seriously...