PDA

View Full Version : apr 1 & 2 rides

denverbusa
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
North central group decided not to show up on Sat :x so I went back to familiar roads to get the feel of my new bike. At least new to me. I lucked out and met the whole group at the Morrison Conoco and had an awsome ride up Central City Speedway. Sunday did Deer Creek and Deckers.

I picked up a '98 Ducati 916 this winter and had so much fun on it maybe I'll change my name to DenverDuc? Changing over to the V-Twin is like learning to ride all over again. Shift points, engine breaking, and the lighter bike is so much more fun in the corners. Frustrating though to not be able to pass with a simple twist of the wrist on horsepower hill. I've always had earplugs in my bag but never needed them with stock exhaust. After winding this baby up a couple of times the pitch seemed to blast right through my head and actually made my ears hurt. :D God I love that tone.

I'm trying to figure out just how much power it has as I think I have been desensitised by the Busa. Trying to compare to other riders when you don't know how hard they are getting on it is frustrating. Guess I'll have to take it down for a run on the dyno. With all the Mods on it I'm very curious to see what she'll pull. The connection I feel to the road is phenomenal. Can't wait for a track day to try to dial in the suspension to my riding style and weight. Best part is I wont be grinding the exhaust (I hope :o ) like I did on the Busa.

Probably wont be out next weekend but see you in two weeks.

Sully
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
I think you may be referring to the NORTH group not showing up... NOT.. the NORTH CENTRAL group... :slap:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Did you happen to pass by the Sprucewood in yesterday??? I believe we (kim&Dean) saw you while, we were sittin down for our break yesterday.

Player 2
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
North-Central group was exactly where they said they would be at the time posted ;) I know the Northern group always has trouble getting a ride organized on here so you must have missed them...

Bugkiller1
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
You did'nt miss them... they were all busy wishing each other "Happy Birthday" and wondering "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" instead af actually riding motorcycles. Glad you found us at the Conoco... that was a fun ride. Your Duc was doing just fine up on the Parkway... and on I-70 back. Exhaust sounds killer. Talk about the fast train outa town.

Neil

denverbusa
Thu Apr 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
DOHH!
Just found the meeting locations on the home page. Sometimes I spend the night in Northglen. Maybe I'll hook up with "North Metro" sometime.

Passed by the Sprucewood a couple of times around 12:00 to 1:00 in a group of 5 riders.

Yes I too do love the sound of that bike. I can still here those Ducatis' at the AMA races at PPIR.