PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Ms-iam4u2nv
Mon Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:33 PM
I am looking at possibly getting a new jacket to match my new lid but can't figure out what the hell this description means and cannot get an answer from the store selling it: it is the Cortech LRX Ladies textile jacket.
http://store.dsrpowersports.com/lrxspja.html
The description says it is a 400 Denier Nylon Dobby and 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester performance cut shell. WTF?? An online store couldn't tell me anything more than it's the material it's made with. SO....is it pretty tough in a crash, is it crap, should I go with another maker, WHAT??
Anyone who can give me advice/translation on this, it will be appreciated. It's between this jacket and the Joe Rocket Luna. I'm not deciding until I get this description translated and sell my current leather jacket. Thanks to all who can help in advance.

Mista Black
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 06:38 AM
the #'s designate the strength (thicknes/toughness) of the Denier fabric. higher #'s are better. 400 is pretty light. they usually put the heavier stuff at impact points (elbows, knees, shins, etc). the lighter material is put where it doesnt need to be heavy to make the garment lighter and more comfortable (not so bloody hot in the summer in stop and go traffic, for example).

Mista Black
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 06:44 AM
nice looking jacket though, from a strictly protection standpoint, i'm not crazy about the heavier (ballistic) areas being held on with snaps, but for most get off's it'd likely hold up ok. :up:

Ms-iam4u2nv
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the help!! Also, according to the mfg. site, the snaps don't actually hold the heavier areas on, they are to tighten the arm material so in case of a crash, the sleeves and armor don't move. Do you think the snaps pose a problem in a crash? Plus, it has to be the most comfortable jacket I've tried on so far. The neck and sleeve cuffs have fleece on them.

Suki
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 09:26 AM
damn girl that sho is a nice jacket!!!! mmmm pink....

Sully
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I just picked up this little beauty... hmm... nice for me since I usually can't wear the ladies cut.. it's really comfy tooo! ... Also picked up the matching pants... Ohh la la.. Look for me pimpin' at the local Shell yo ! :boobies:... :lol:

http://www.joerocket.com/jrf/home.cfm - it's on the home page of the ladies leather... mmm..

Bat
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 10:17 AM
they are to tighten the arm material so in case of a crash, the sleeves and armor don't move. Do you think the snaps pose a problem in a crash?

My tex jacket has snaps to tighten the sleeves too. In my one and only get off (low speed), I initially landed helmet first followed by my left arm folded against my chest (also my left knee). Slid about 15 ft. across the asphalt right on one of the arm snaps. Sheared the logo off the snap but that was the only damage to the jacket (snap still works fine). Only damage to my upper body was a nasty bruise right where the snap was.

Is that considered a problem? :dunno: Well I wouldn't let the snaps prevent me from buying a jacket if I liked all the other features, I wouldn't specifically look for another jacket with snaps though.

Sully
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I think that with any type of gear, whether it be jacket, pants, whatever, I think about - what if I land on this.. what will it do to my skin and will it bruise me... in my little mishap.. I had my cell phone in my side pants pocket and received a lovely bruise from it... along with road rash on my phone.. :lol:... ouch!

Ms-iam4u2nv
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I found a smokin' deal on the Cortech jacket. I'll either get white or black to match the lid. I thought it was a pretty high quality jacket but wanted to get others input on it. I found it for $110 with free shipping at CSR Powersports.com Now all I gotta do is sell my leather one to get it *wink*wink* :lol: Y'all have been a huge help! Thanks!

BTW- nice jacket Sully!

~Barn~
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM
What I want to know, is how much will you be selling it for, in aprox. 1 to 2 weeks? :lol:

Ms-iam4u2nv
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Ha ha ha.....This one is NOT getting sold. I finally have found a jacket I love and will definetly keep it. I didn't expect to be getting the new lid otherwise I'd keep the leather one.

freezincold
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM
now that is cool! I can't remember how long it has been since my leathers and helmet matched my bike!!!! I tend to go 2 to 3 bikes per helmet. or about 30-60K miles per helmet.