PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Race?

Devaclis
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Clicky here fans (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2980339455045998925&pl=true)

Mista Black
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Nice!! I always knew the Gix1k was a girls bike... :no:

:lol:

The Black Knight
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Seen this video before awhile back. Bike did very well against a race car, that managed to only beat it by 1.1sec.

Only thing I disagree with is that they wouldn't let him adjust his suspension. They cried about both vehicles had to be stock from the factory and they both were. Just so happens that you can fine tune a bike via its own stock suspension. Shouldn't penalize the bike rider for not being able to use what the manufacture gave him.

Had they allowed him to adjust his suspension I'm pretty positive he would have found another second if not more and would have beat the car.

Still not a very impressive time for the car, $29,000GBP vs. $9000GBP bike and it only managed 1.1sec. Alot of money to spend just to equal the bikes performance.

US conversion
$29,000 GBP - $50,860.76 USD
$9,000 GBP - $15,782.48 USD

Man they overprice their bikes in Britain....
I look at it this way, 50 G's for a car that equals a stock bikes performance is wasteful. 15 G's + the 35 G's saved buying the bike = Superbike

and that is their prices, here only 10 to 11 G's for a new 1k. Put the 40 grand saved into the bike and it just keeps getting better and better....

Mel
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
:cry: I need a Gix 1K

The sliding that guy was doing in the corners was pretty wicked though.

Mista Black
Tue Apr 4th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Seen this video before awhile back. Bike did very well against a race car, that managed to only beat it by 1.1sec.

though they opted to consider it a "track car" at the end they did make it very clear it's a street legal car at the beginning. it's just not very practical for the street.

The Black Knight
Wed Apr 5th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Well yes, they conceded the fact that since you can title and register it, it's therefore street legal. The same could be done with a Superbike as well. Yes its practicality is a stretch, and like they said, it's definetely well suited for track use only..