PDA

View Full Version : So my friend Michelle's, bike won't start.

~Barn~
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 01:01 PM
So she called me (like I know a lick about working on bikes), and told me that she got it to the start the other day just fine, and let it run awhile. Then yesterday, she started it, but it died pretty quickly and she hasn't been able to start it since.

She's had it outside, so it's definitely had to endure cold, but I told her I didn't think it was the gas, because she had it going just a couple days ago.

I have a feeling that maybe she has fouled plugs, but I don't really know for sure. (?)

Anybody feel like helpin' her out? She really is a nice girl, but neither she nor I are really qualified to diagnose her issue.

towneh
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 01:18 PM
several questions...

1) does the engine fire when cranked over ?

2) how old is the battery ?

3) how full is the fuel tank ?

cold temps are hell on batteries; especially if you're not trickle charging ! condensation in the tank can be a problem with our recent fluctuation of temps. it is just as possible that the plugs are fouled as well. somebody needs to check on the battery's condition, pull a plug for inspection, etc.

hope this helps,
henry

Nick_Ninja
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 07:36 PM
HT wrote:

2) how old is the battery ?

I'd put $$$ on the battery :shock:

KooLaid
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 02:01 AM
i bet the kickstand was down, :lol: jk yeah when i got my my bike, i tried to start it for the first time, fought with it for 10 minutes, and the shop driver that delievered it was still sitting in the driveway filling out paper. So I went up, told him about my problem and didn't even look to look at me, he goes, "kickstand down?" Doh!

towneh
Wed Dec 3rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
bump...... what's the word on this posted problem ????

RF900guy
Sun Dec 21st, 2003, 07:25 PM
Bump, So what happened to the problem. Did it get fixed?????