PDA

View Full Version : Lost Keys...crap

ccm84
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Hell, I was going to hop on for a ride today, even though it's a little grey outside, and I can't find my keys. I have lost both keys for my bike. All I have to say is that this is a mean joke by God. I have looked everywhere, in every car under/between/through everything, they are gone.

Anyone have an idea on what to do to get them replaced?

Anonymous
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 04:47 PM
IIRC, you need to somehow get your bike to the dealership (or at least the key switch) - note that both of these are easier said than done with the forks locked. :|

I'd keep lookin... It has to be around, you rode it home right?

haywood jablome
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Do you think they are around my house somewhere? You were here yesterday. Let me know and i can take a look around. CHad

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Nov 30th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I've had keys made from the VIN# at the dealer.

Wahooman
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 11:25 AM
JUst like cars, give the dealer the VIN# and they make ya a key....handy to get the key codes also.....

Ripper
Mon Dec 1st, 2003, 11:36 AM
I have a buddy up here, who is a locksmith, he cut 4 keys from scratch for 60 bucks... If you don't have any luck with the options above PM me and I'll get ya hooked up

ccm84
Tue Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:32 AM
Anyone recommend a local suzuki dealership?

Well ya know what else sucks? I lost my license for the second time. Doh!

Hoopty
Tue Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:37 AM
Well ya know what else sucks? I lost my license for the second time. Doh!

So make another one! :P :D

ccm84
Tue Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:49 PM
It isn't smart to give a cop a novelty id :-) They give tickets, here I think they can only go up to $500 which is nice.

KooLaid
Tue Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:19 PM
A guy here just lost all the keys to his Yamaha V-Star. Instead of taking the time to take the ignition apart on that bike, he had a lock smith come and make one that works from SCRATCH. Guess the end resulting cost...... $146!