PDA

View Full Version : La Junta Track Day May 6th or 7th

The Black Knight
Sat Apr 15th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I've spoken with Lynn Casebolt down in La Junta trying to line up a track day down in La Junta. Right now its booked for the next three weekends. The weekend of May 6-7 it opens back up.

I've already asked him about getting a track day set up. I'll be calling him back around the 1st of May to let him know all the details.

Was wondering if anyone here would like to come down and join in the track day? Trying to get a decent sized group for Mr. Casebolt so it makes it worth his while to come down and open things up. Say 10 or 15 riders. More would be cool!!

Well start posting up if you want to go down. He did say that both days would be open probably, and that if people wanted they can spend the weekend down there and run both days. Not sure if I'll do that. I know I'll get one full day that's for sure.

He said he gets to the track around 10am and you can run til dark. So I'm looking forward to it....

Can't wait!! hope the weather is excellent that weekend....

mra828
Sun Apr 16th, 2006, 09:26 AM
I'm definately interested.

Either day is fine with me.

geoff

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Cool, I'll be getting back with him in a few weeks to make sure its good to go..

Butterfly
Sun Apr 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Weekends works great for us, specially saturday. We're going to add it to our calendar. :)

-PUCK-
Sun Apr 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM
I'm in bro. Possibly +1 too.

quickdraw
Wed Apr 19th, 2006, 08:39 PM
i'm in. +1. we went down with TK last month and had a great time even though it was freezing.

ebazyl
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Sounds tempting....

The Black Knight
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Well my friend and I will be running on Sunday. He's got work Saturday. So when I talk to Lynn I'm going to get the 7th(Sunday). He did say that both days were open, and that people would be more then welcome to run both days.

Looks like about 10 people heading down, that's if you all would like to run on Sunday. I've got 3 possible car guys that will be coming down. Two for sure the third is undecided.

I'm sure when all is said and done should have a decent sized group down there, so we can make it his worthwhile to come down and open up the track.

Hope weather is great, and I'll post more info once the 1st gets here and I talk to Lynn again....

Sparker
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 08:10 PM
if i can get the bike totally back together i will be there. COME ON PUCK!!!!!

mra828
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 08:24 AM
Well my friend and I will be running on Sunday...

OK - I'll plan on Sunday :up:

geoff

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 04:59 PM
excellent Geoff. I'll have you on the list of people when I call to confirm everything.. Thanks!!

Jason

Sparker
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 05:30 PM
throw me in for sunday. ill get it ready one way or another.

Lurch
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM
I'm down for this... I have extra space in the trailer for 1 bike.

Lurch

Sparker
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM

Lurch

If youve got the room, on your way down would you swing into RMCP and pick up my new 06 750 they have sitting there. They are gonna ask for like 10g from you but dont worry man, im good for it.

quickdraw
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 09:45 PM
what will the price be? half day/whole day? thanks.

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 10:12 PM
according to Lynn its $25 for a whole day... Run til you're tired..

Lurch
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 10:24 PM

Lurch

If youve got the room, on your way down would you swing into RMCP and pick up my new 06 750 they have sitting there. They are gonna ask for like 10g from you but dont worry man, im good for it.

As long as I get to ride it first then we paint it ORANGE. Oh and I get a check for 9990.00

Lurch

-PUCK-
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
Sooooooo, are we planning on a meeting spot somewhere in the morning and wagon training this thing down there or what? I have no idea what the best route is to get there.

Sparker
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Im bringing someone along with me as well. so in our group it will be Puck, GSXR-ATW, and myself.

as far as directions, i mapquested it today and looked like both the quickest and shortest ways were just go down to pueblo and hook at right at 50 out to La Junta

Bueller
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
If you guys need detailed directions LMK it is kind of tricky if you haven't been there.

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
yeah Mark we could probably all just meet up somewhere and head down there. I'll be riding down with Eli again. I'll see if Robbie wants to meet up as well.

I'd say maybe meet up at the South Sonic. Lynn told me that he shows up around 10am. So I'm kind of planning on being there a little before. So we'd probably want to leave the Springs at 8am.

Yeah Bueller if you've got detailed directions I'd sure appreciate it. I found some directions on the net, but they are a little weird.

Looking forward too it, can't wait til the 7th!!

Mel
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM
Hmmmmm, I need to get back out on the track with my bike.

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Hmmmmm, I need to get back out on the track with my bike.

The more the better!! :up:

Sparker
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM
maybe we should meet up someplace a little more open. i havnt been to the south sonic in awhile but i dont remember there being a whole lotta space to park a bunch of trucks with trailers.

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
I just figured maybe along the street next to Sonic. Was just the first idea that came to mind, a place that most everyone knows.. That gas station across from the Sonic is still vacant if I remember right.. Its been since last year when I was at Sonic last....

-PUCK-
Sun Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
I guess anywhere is cool with me. I didn't know it would not open until 10am though. Was kinda hoping to get there around 9am. Leave here around 7. I guess won't need to leave that soon if it doesn't open until 10.

The Black Knight
Mon Apr 24th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Well dude, the guy said he would show up at the track til 10am. Though he did say you could be on it before. 10am was just when he gets there to get money from people. I had also planned on being there around 9 or 9:30. I want to run early in case weather blows in during the afternoon..

I'll confirm everything with him when I talk to him next week...

Sparker
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 08:57 AM
do you have anymore solid details?

figured id bump this up just to see if any other people are interested.

The Black Knight
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 02:50 PM
yeah dude, I'm going to call the guy tonight. He said on the first but I'm going to make it a few days early so people can know the details and prepare to go down next Sunday.. I'll post up when I talk to Lynn and get all the details....

The Black Knight
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Update:

Spoke with Lynn Casebolt tonight. He said everything is good to go. I asked him about being at the track early around 9 or so. He said that is fine. He'll be around about 10am to collect track fees.

Weather.com future cast for May 7th is high of 84 with 60% chance of showers.. :(

Hopefully weather will permit so we can get at least several hours of track time in. Early enough in the day weather shouldn't come in til afternoon..

Well see everyone there, PUCK, Sparker is there a place you guys are planning to meet up to all head down there....

Feathered upstart!
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Great it'll rain and I'll have no bike to ride. DAMN!

The Black Knight
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Well I just watched the 7 day outlook on the weather channel, and they are showing nothing in th area from Thursday on to Saturday. So it could be that the 10 day outlook on weather.com is just following a pattern.. Hopefully cause I don't want it to rain and screw things up...

Sparker
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Great it'll rain and I'll have no bike to ride. DAMN!

Does it melt away in the rain?

Feathered upstart!
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Yes

Butterfly
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 05:53 PM
We're aiming for sunday too :up: hope weather will be good!

Jenny
Mon May 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM
I think I'll be out there too.

quickdraw
Fri May 5th, 2006, 04:26 PM
just want to make sure this is still a go for this weekend. we are planning on leaving early tomorrow, and i don't want to get all the way there and have it closed. thanks. see you there, hopefully. 8)

JOE!!!!!!
Fri May 5th, 2006, 06:59 PM
I'm heading out early Saturday a.m. too. Haven't heard anything to the contrary, and can't get an answer from Lynn C., so I'll just go and assume we're OK.

The Black Knight
Fri May 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Last time I talked to Lynn(last Saturday night) he said everything was good to go. He told me that bikes would probably be running both days.

We're heading down on Sunday, should be there around 9am.

See you all there...

-PUCK-
Sat May 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Jason, Sonic on S. Acad sounds cool. I am planning on meeting with a few others there around 6:45am (leaving at 7am) to head to the track. If you or anyone else for that matter wants to meet, that's what time we'll be there.
:rock:

AshliRider44
Sat May 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Dave and I wont be going :P
He chose hockey :)

The Black Knight
Sat May 6th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Cool Mark, I think Eli and I will probably be heading down the same time you guys leave the Sonic. He's meeting me at my house to pick up the bikes and trailer then we're heading down. We plan on being on the road by 6:30. We're allowing for some time to get fuel and eat. Probably run into you guys heading down at the same time.

See you there tommorow!

Jason

Butterfly
Sat May 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM
We're heading down too... probably leave here around 7:30ish :D Looking forward to see all of you!

quickdraw
Sat May 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM
saturday was an epic day. beautiful weather, and met up with an old friend. for those of you going on sunday, bring a broom, turns 2 & 3 are pretty bad. 8)

The Black Knight
Sat May 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
bring a broom, turns 2 & 3 are pretty bad.

Oh great....

The Black Knight
Sun May 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Great freakin track day!!!!

Glad to see everyone down there. Had a blast running on La Junta. Excellent track. Thanks to Mike Applehans and David Lambert for their pointers on taking race lines and tire pressures!!

Was able to run alot faster learning from you guys.

Good to see no one went down.. All in all it was a picture perfect day with temps in the upper 80's.

Can't wait til the 26th to head back to PMI!!!

Sparker
Sun May 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
it was a nice day indeed. i could never really get a good feel for the bike as it kept on cutting out on me. sounds to be a dirty fuel filter from a tank i just bought. get things squared away from PMI. i have unfinished business with turn 3!

The Black Knight
Sun May 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Heck yeah man it was a great day. Sorry Eli and I didn't stop by and introduce ourselves. I've only seen you and haven't talked to you in person. We were on the other side of the pits, and seemed like when we rolled through to hit the track you guys were suiting up as well..

Hey dude you can put your tires up on the board man. I talked with the guy interested in mine and he's holding off for a week or two. So if you want to put yours up its cool man. No worries about conflicting prices... :)

Yep I'm looking forward to PMI. I'll have a brand new set of Supercorsa's this time and I'm looking forward to applying the knowledge I've gained today at PMI and see if I can get my lap times to tumble there...

See you guys there at the end of the month!!

Butterfly
Sun May 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
:yay: I had fun too!

Can't wait to head to PMI on the 26th! Should be a great turn out.

Jenny
Mon May 8th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I had a pretty good time after finding some lines that didn't bump my ass entirely off the seat!

Sorry Butterfly, I hadn't realized that it was you I was talking to. After you left, I asked who you were and they told me. duh. I felt like SUCH a retard! :D

Here's that back protector on kneedraggers. I got it from Fay with the CSC discount for less than that.
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Boy_5_Back_Protector--35-DA-10.html

pg_rider
Tue May 9th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I got it from Fay with the CSC discount for less than that.
Funny, I just looked it up on kneedraggers.com last night! Is Fay someone that works there? Should we ask for the CSC discount?

Paul (aka Mr Butterfly :D)

Mel
Tue May 9th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Sorry to Hyjack....Fay should be Fay Myers Motorcycle World off Arapahoe just east of 1-25. :D

-PUCK-
Tue May 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Had much fun on Sunday. Not a bad track, but KILLED the right side of my tires. Like day & night if you look at em. Jason, you looked like you were running pretty fast out there bro, looked nice. Good to see most of the usuals out there and had a good time running with ya towards the end of the day Bertha.
:cheers:

Butterfly
Tue May 9th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I had a pretty good time after finding some lines that didn't bump my ass entirely off the seat!

Sorry Butterfly, I hadn't realized that it was you I was talking to. After you left, I asked who you were and they told me. duh. I felt like SUCH a retard! :D

Here's that back protector on kneedraggers. I got it from Fay with the CSC discount for less than that.

:lol: its ok... Thanks for the link! Cant wait to order one :yay: Btw are you going to PMI too this sunday?

Jenny
Wed May 10th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I am going to Pueblo on Sunday. :D

Bertha
Wed May 10th, 2006, 06:33 AM
I am going to Pueblo on Sunday. :D

NO you're not!

Jenny
Wed May 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
uhhh yeah. I am.

Bertha
Wed May 10th, 2006, 03:13 PM
sorry... But NO YOU'RE NOT

The Black Knight
Wed May 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Had much fun on Sunday. Not a bad track, but KILLED the right side of my tires. Like day & night if you look at em. Jason, you looked like you were running pretty fast out there bro, looked nice. Good to see most of the usuals out there and had a good time running with ya towards the end of the day Bertha.
:cheers:

Hey Mark, glad you had fun man. It was a sweet track. You're right its real abrasive on tires. Mine are done. Eli was running a brand new set of Supercorsa's in which he found some major speed with them. I think between the PMI track day and La Junta mine have close to 150 laps on them. I could feel it on the last sessions where I was trying to keep a fast pace but they tires didn't want to have anything to do with it, so I ended up running wide on turn 7. I took that as a sign the tires were done so I ended my day.

Yeah dude I got some advice from some of the racer guys and watched the lines they were taking into the corners during the early sessions of the day. When we started running split sessions I started applying what I learned, and managed to gain a ton of speed. I was seriously shocked dude, major improvement immediately. Eli went to school on me as well so he started getting faster and faster, and for several sessions he and I were starting to battle it out on the track. It was a blast.

I'm looking foward to PMI and seeing how I can improve there. Hope to see you there dude. Hopefully Robbie will have his bike back. He was at the track just didn't have his bike. Had a bit of a spill with it and its getting put back together....

Jenny
Wed May 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Josh. I am.