PDA

View Full Version : RAG On Carquest of Lafayette

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:12 PM
[web:e461d00c33]http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/sponsors.html#carquest[/web:e461d00c33]

I stopped by to pick up some BG 44K and the guy didn't give me a discount. False Advertising --- I Call B.S.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:37 PM
why did you stop in the week curtis was at the Deal's gap? I'd send him a PM Jeff.

rforsythe
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I think Jeff's just PMS'ing again...

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I think Jeff's just PMS'ing again...

Hey Ralph --- Barnum & Baily need clowns like you. I don't need to use any of the CSC sponsors to get my discounts and I won't in the future.

~Barn~
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I have to admit, CarQuest has been "iffy" at best, when it comes to even knowing about our sponsorship, much less honoring it. :dunno:

Anymore, I'll just call ahead to 'em, to make sure the salesperson and I are on the same page, before I make the trip out.

rybo
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
The love really seems to be flowing at the CSC lately....wow.

(Rybo<----turns off sarcasometer as it's been pegged for the last three days)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Good idea ~Barn~ :up:

~Barn~
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:57 PM
This board is finally getting back to the swing of things!!

:lol:

rforsythe
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Jeff needs a hug. Or at least a beer and reacharound. Not that I'm offering, just throwing that out there in case anyone else is so inclined. (I mean I can help with the beer thing, but that other part ... it's just not my bag!)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Jeff needs a hug. Or at least a beer and reacharound. Not that I'm offering, just throwing that out there in case anyone else is so inclined. (I mean I can help with the beer thing, but that other part ... it's just not my bag!)

http://www.ringling.com/images/special/offers_img4.gif

~Barn~
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Any minute now, I'm expecting Quickdraw to come in here, and be all...

:x
"How dare you flame the nice people at Barnum and Bailey!" "This is my 2nd trip to the circus, since joining this club, and you guys are losers!"

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM
:spit:

Mel
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 05:09 PM
:lol:

Wahooman
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 05:14 PM
A few things......
1) I have nothing to do with CarQuest as far as deciding what they do, how they do it, when they do it, etc......I am not employeed by them or ever have been.
2) Yes we do a TON of business with them and I am involved with numerous things with them and communication with them.
3) The original discount and sponsorship started with Gramps (Tom) when he was the manager...since then he has moved to redneckville and still working for CQ. The sponsorship was still standing last I checked.
4) As far as not getting the discount.....if a guy sold you the stuff he is brand new and most likely did not know about CSC....its not something we talk about daily.
5) I will talk to Mary Lynn and Jen. Mary Lynn is the manager and is probably the nicest lady you could meet and will bend over backwards to help you find something or get it to the store. I will ensure she knows about CSC and the club sponsorship...and informs all employees on this.
6) As for calling BS on sponsorship......a little immature. I will verify the discount and post that up when I return home from Deals Gap.

I will also do another group purchase on BG44K if the need is there....I did this about 1.5 years ago and sold about 30 cans of the stuff. If there is a need let me know and I can post up price once i see how much is needed. CarQuest is a great place to get quality parts.......or hit up Napa as well.

Anyway......I will communicate with CQ on behalf of CSC......but if something doesn't go right and people have reacted to them at the store the way they did on here I would not expect them to want to be a sponsor anymore......have some understanding people....lots of staff changes over there recently.

my .02 ;)

Spiderman
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 05:19 PM
As far as I'm aware the sponsorship is still in effect, and the employee you dealt with was new and unaware of it.

Here's the latest (from this year): http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=258949#258949

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 06:52 PM
A few things......
1) I have nothing to do with CarQuest as far as deciding what they do, how they do it, when they do it, etc......I am not employeed by them or ever have been.
2) Yes we do a TON of business with them and I am involved with numerous things with them and communication with them.
3) The original discount and sponsorship started with Gramps (Tom) when he was the manager...since then he has moved to redneckville and still working for CQ. The sponsorship was still standing last I checked.
4) As far as not getting the discount.....if a guy sold you the stuff he is brand new and most likely did not know about CSC....its not something we talk about daily.
5) I will talk to Mary Lynn and Jen. Mary Lynn is the manager and is probably the nicest lady you could meet and will bend over backwards to help you find something or get it to the store. I will ensure she knows about CSC and the club sponsorship...and informs all employees on this.
6) As for calling BS on sponsorship......a little immature. I will verify the discount and post that up when I return home from Deals Gap.

I will also do another group purchase on BG44K if the need is there....I did this about 1.5 years ago and sold about 30 cans of the stuff. If there is a need let me know and I can post up price once i see how much is needed. CarQuest is a great place to get quality parts.......or hit up Napa as well.

Anyway......I will communicate with CQ on behalf of CSC......but if something doesn't go right and people have reacted to them at the store the way they did on here I would not expect them to want to be a sponsor anymore......have some understanding people....lots of staff changes over there recently.

my .02 ;)

Don't assume for one minute that I reacted the same way I portrayed their ineptness to honor an advertised discount offer here on this Internet yak-yak venue. I paid my requested bill and left ---- not to return again. I'll get my 44K from Kentz and Leslie and remove the middle man completely.

rforsythe
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Are you seriously this bent over a can of 44K?

Curtis said he'd deal with it. Spiderman offered an explanation. I'm really not sure what else you want here, since you're apparently never going back.

If you have such good (and apparently better) sources for your needs, why'd you even bother?

:dunno:

BenDover
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 11:13 AM
Don't assume for one minute that I reacted the same way I portrayed their ineptness to honor an advertised discount offer here on this Internet yak-yak venue. I paid my requested bill and left ---- not to return again. I'll get my 44K from Kentz and Leslie and remove the middle man completely.

Then why bother getting on here and flame about CQ? If your not going back then don't go back.

Did you ask for a manager to verify the discount? Just had a hissy fit and left and came here to continue your hissy fit?

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
I didn't ask Curtis to become involved -- ever. he obviously personalized this (as I feel a lot of the responders are doing here because it's 'their' sponsor).

For the record -- I asked the guy to look it up and rather than say something to the effect that he couldn't find it he just slapped a bill for the full amount down on the counter. I dealt with that.

And as for Ralph's comment ---- the reason that I stopped in to the Laffalot CQ is K&L is closed on the weekend and I thought that I would support a sponsor of the CSC. Nothing more than a mistake to chalk up as a 'bad shop experience'.

Spiderman
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 04:41 PM
I didn't ask Curtis to become involved -- ever. he obviously personalized this (as I feel a lot of the responders are doing here because it's 'their' sponsor).You're right, you didn't ask anything of Curtis, but the reason he personalized this is because there are obviously some people here who still believe he is involved with CQ, as is evidence by this:

why did you stop in the week curtis was at the Deal's gap? I'd send him a PM Jeff.

he just slapped a bill for the full amount down on the counter. I dealt with that.That was your decision. I would have dealt with it differently. :|

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 05:00 PM
I don't give a damn how you would have dealt with it Bob.

~Barn~
Fri Apr 21st, 2006, 07:45 PM
:shock:

http://www.einsiders.com/reviews/images/dvd_november04.jpg

KooLaid
Sat Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
Wow I've NEVER seen Nick like this before. I think it's pretty cool! lol It's a side I've never seen, gruntled, pissed off, OLD Nick :-) Sounds like you need a BIG GAY hug..... TOWNIE?????

KooLaid
Sat Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM

Hey Nick, I think you'll LOVE this

Nick_Ninja
Sat Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM

Hey Nick, I think you'll LOVE this

Be nice Koolwhip :lol:

KooLaid
Sat Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:24 PM
Oh I'm not, you should see my other posts for YOU AND BOB in general forum.......