PDA

View Full Version : A Big "Thank You" to TK Motorsports

Spiderman
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 07:45 PM
About a month after the race season ended last year, I went to start my R6. I flicked the ignition switch, and... NOTHING. No lights on the dash, no dancing tach needle. Zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing. :(

It didn't take me long to find out that a fuse had blown, so I eagerly replaced it, flicked the switch, and there were the dash lights and dancing tach needle, :D but when I hit the starter switch... NOTHING. :cry:

I spent a bit of time, here and there, over the winter trying to diagnose the problem, but never did get it figured out. I brought it with me to Pueblo last weekend so I could work on it while the race school was going on, and I was able to eliminate some of the possible causes, but still didn't figure it out. With the race season only 2 weeks away, I decided to bring the bike into TK Motorsports.

They've got some experience with those R6's! Brian spent some time going through the wiring, and was able to identify the problem - a faulty kickstand safety switch. He put a new one in, and... VOILA! I no longer have to make "Vroom Vroom" noises when sitting on the bike in the garage, :D the bike can do it all on its own (once again). :yay:

While it was there, I also had Brian wire in my gear indicator, and Bart installed a heli-coil on my rear wheel where I had stripped one of the rotor bolt holes. :oops:

I dropped off the bike on Monday, expecting it to only be ready Thursday or Friday, but it was almost done the same day, and I picked it up on Tuesday.

:bow: TK Motorsports

THANK YOU!!! 8)

rforsythe
Thu Apr 20th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Don't worry Bob, another whack to the head and you'll be back in the garage making Vroom-Vroom noises as usual. :lol: