PDA

View Full Version : HEADS UP-Anyone that rides Hwy 67 (Deckers)

Hoopty
Wed Apr 26th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I heard from some Harley folks at work that there are unmarked "Crotch-rockets" (could be a BMW for all I know, this is coming from Harley riders :lol: ) with cops riding 2-up (male/female) trying to get bikers to speed!!! :o :o :o They went flying by the Harley riders and later they saw that it was CSP officers, chatting with another officer in a CSP car that was waiting for them down the road. The bike had very small/hidden blue/red lights on it!!! This sounds like entrapment to me, but I'd rather not have to deal with it all. Be on the lookout guys, these guys are sneaky!!!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Carry some tacks in your tank bag. As you are motoring away infront of them --- dump the tacks out under their front tire :twisted:

dapper
Wed Apr 26th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Carry some tacks in your tank bag. As you are motoring away infront of them --- dump the tacks out under their front tire :twisted:

Now that's not the nice way to play with others!? :roll:
It would suck to roll over stop sticks...on a bike or car for that matter.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/dapperr/fastpolice5dx.jpg

Lee
Wed Apr 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
There is a CSP on a BMW motorcycle that regularly patrols Highway 24 between Woodland Park and Colorado Springs. He is generally using K or Ka band radar if he is sitting beside the road. I have also seen him on Highway 115 between Colorado Springs and Penrose (Highway 50).

I also saw a CSP on a Harley (an unusual sight) in Penrose (Highway 115) on Saturday, April 22nd. I was 15 feet from him, moving the same direction, at one point.

Going West, from Colorado Springs to Woodland Park, just a couple of hundred yards after the big stoplight at the entrance to the road to Pikes Peak and the North Pole, my LIDAR detector frequently goes off. The speed limit is 50 there. I have never been able to spot the source of the LIDAR.

Additionally, CSP and sometimes Woodland Park police presence has become very heavy on Highway 24, so much so that I don't speed much there right now.

But, look on the bright side: There are only so many CSPs and if you know where a lot of them are, then you probably also know where a lot of them aren't - everywhere else. :)

Lee

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 26th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Now that's not the nice way to play with others!? :roll:
It would suck to roll over stop sticks...on a bike or car for that matter.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/dapperr/fastpolice5dx.jpg

I don't play with cops.

Bugkiller1
Thu Apr 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up... We were all warned, thankfully, last weekend by approaching cars flashing headlights of a pork chop patrol hiding along the straight before hp hill. F cops.

R1chie
Thu Apr 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
We saw them too. The BMW and the state patrol car were between the golf course and manitou lake, the bike pulled a u turn to catch up to some riders heading back to Woodland park. I was told by someone coming the other way there was another waiting a few miles after going up horsepower hill. If you are going to ride on the weekends make sure you know where they are or have a radar detector.

onepoorstunna
Thu Apr 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
If you are going to ride on the weekends make sure you know where they are or have a radar detector.

Why? Isn't it legal to ride by a cop at the speed limit anymore? You guys aren't insinuating that anyone around here actually breaks the LAW sometimes?

Lee
Thu Apr 27th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I have also noticed that enforcement tends to be a little lax on Sunday mornings, then intensifies midday.

Lee

R1chie
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 05:30 AM
If you are going to ride on the weekends make sure you know where they are or have a radar detector.

Why? Isn't it legal to ride by a cop at the speed limit anymore? You guys aren't insinuating that anyone around here actually breaks the LAW sometimes?

The warning wasn't for people who drive the speed limit. If you drive the speed limit, you don't have to worry about the cops. The reason people usually buy high performance vehicles is to go fast, if you bought yours to stunt, that is breaking the law too. If for some other reason, that is fine too.

Dub
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I have also noticed that enforcement tends to be a little lax on Sunday mornings, then intensifies midday.

Lee

That's usually when the Dognut Mill in Woodland Prk is firing up the fresh bear claws. :lol:

I just stay away from 67 anymore. Seems like a heavily patrolled route.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM
There are so many other finer roads in Colorado that the CSP doesn't patrol ---- but I'll keep them to myself thank you :D

jahags
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Hey Jeff, how about Road ### Now that road rocks. What time the grill firing up on Sun?.

bulldog
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
There are so many other finer roads in Colorado that the CSP doesn't patrol ---- but I'll keep them to myself thank you :D Yup I gave up riding Deckers last year after being pulled over and harrassed. That road has been targeted for a while now. Sucks becuase it was a good road to ride, but I will go elsewhere now because of all the cops.

Thanks for the warning Hoopty :up:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Hey Jeff, how about Road ### Now that road rocks. What time the grill firing up on Sun?.

1PM And that road ##### was the BOMB huh? :D

sfarson
Fri Apr 28th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I would resist this road, take it easy, or ride it very early in the morning or on a weekday.

Since the separate fatalities of last summer, Jeffco assigned a full time sheriff to patrol the area (Pick-up truck with ATV in back). This year, enforcement has been kicked up even higher with two motorcops the past couple of Sundays.

FWIW, five of us passed the motorcops at speed several Sundays ago, as they were in formation coming the other way. They just kept going as if they didn't even notice us.

I mentioned to the owner of the Deckers store, whom I know, to mention to the LEO's their presence is beginning to take a toll on two wheeled visits to the community and store.

busagirl
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 02:52 AM
But, look on the bright side: There are only so many CSPs and if you know where a lot of them are, then you probably also know where a lot of them aren't - everywhere else. :)

Or you could just all do the speed limit!? :idea:

:roll:

Mista Black
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 04:41 AM
:wtf: You ride a Busa, Ree... the speed "limit" doesn't exist for you. :P

In the heat of the summer I avoid Deckers like the plague. At other times during the year it's hardly patrolled at all and so I'll ride it. There are far better roads in CO than 67, anyway (92, 149, 65, 133, 141, etc) and that's where I run mostly in the summer: virtually zero cops and great twisties for hours.

BUT if I were to encounter a BMW R-RTP on HP Hill, it will NOT catch me. I can run the hill faster than the RTP's top end at sea level, on flat ground :D As a Beemer rider I know what that bike can do and hang with an R11S with a competent pilot is NOT one of them. (not that I'd ever run - it always enters my mind briefly... right before I pull the hell over :roll: )

sfarson
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 12:37 AM
FWIW, On the Deckers Rd. today (Saturday) with two others, from Pine Junction all the way to Woodland Park, and later, a return. The cooler temps must have kept everyone away. No traffic, no sand, no enforcement. Sweet and safe and fun ride.

PhL0aTeR
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 08:34 AM
:wtf: You ride a Busa, Ree... the speed "limit" doesn't exist for you. :P

So THATS why i havent been able to stay within the speed limit...... should have been a disclaimer sticker on the tank.... lol

Brizz
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Motorcycles are fast.

Mista Black
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 09:47 PM
and dangerous... dont forget dangerous!!

Mel
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 09:53 PM
All you silly boys and your talk of "horsepower"....

Mista Black
Sun Apr 30th, 2006, 10:59 PM
i only talk about HP to say almost no one uses what they've got... unless you're talking about the hill... :idea:

Brizz
Mon May 1st, 2006, 12:06 AM
oh yeah and dangerous!

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 1st, 2006, 12:31 AM
This road began sucking about ten years ago.

Mista Black
Mon May 1st, 2006, 02:22 AM
agreed. when i first moved out here it was sweet. maybe my first beemer was just so fast people started complaining.... :hmmmm:

http://www.bulkowski.org/oldPhoto/1995/newbmw1.jpg

dapper
Mon May 1st, 2006, 09:21 AM
Met sfarson in Deckers Sunday…nice to meet ya! :up:

Yep…saw the Jeffco Deputy Sheriff in the Ford (black/white) truck and ATV in the back. Even waved at him exiting out of a turn…no reaction from the officer. :) It’s still amazing to me every time I ride by where a forest use to be…(Hayman Fire) :o

Since I snoozed pass the departure time for Peak to Peak with CSC (10am), I road with the MHM crowd (11am). One newbie experienced WAY too much in a day. Jeff (newbie) dropped his R6 at the stop sign while looking behind him in Turkey Creek, (penalty of stopping on sand). A few scratches on the generator casing were all that occurred.
Back at the Conoco station, while Jeff was spinning the R6 on the kickstand, Jeff’s helmet fell off the mirror and broke the visor attachment on one side. Fortunately Jeff was wearing sunglasses too. :roll:
:cheers:

Mel
Mon May 1st, 2006, 01:41 PM
mHm even has the same meeting spot (albeit different time) as CSC now? :roll:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon May 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
you know what they say mel...if you can't beat em join em...or at least try to pick up some of the leftovers! :lol:

Dapper is a leftover :lol:

AshliRider44
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 07:30 AM
:spit:

dapper
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
:lol:
Obviously there’s no profiling on my side…
The only thing I feel that’s silly is how you must post once in a month on MHM to keep the member name active. Whatever! :slap:

Kinda funny how MHM riding rules incorporate similar riding signals used by the CSC.
:wtf: I don’t understand why the front rider taps the top of his helmet directly in front of the cop. Defeats the heads-up warning when the danger is already there. :loser:

Edit: added "in" for effective jibber jabber.

eaheer
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 10:19 AM
We have been going to Morrison gas station for sometime. We only go there when we want to do a run up Deckers. Tapping our helmet infront of the cop? Hmmmmmm, not sure who started that, don't care, it is a good signal and it works so we use it as well. Your right doing infront of the cop isn't the best way to go. Posting once a month to keep your account active. I thought I already explained this to you? I guess you weren't listening to good. Once and for all, you ONLY have to post once within the first 30 days. This way we can keep on top of who all is actually interested in the club or the forum itself. We don't like having dead beat accounts that do nothing!
It was nice to ride with you Danny. I hope we were ok for your CSC standards. Don't know why there has to be any type of issues between mHm and CSC. Like mHm does this, and CSC does that. We all share one thing, "RIDING" why can't we just leave it at that?
Yes Jeff on his R6 let his bike drop. I didn't see it though. Its all about learning I guess. I thought the day was great, we all got a long just fine, and had a lot of fun riding! Danny, you should get your other mirror on your bike.

dapper
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
:hibye:
It’s been a pleasure riding with you Anthony and the rest of the MHM peeps. I had a very nice time and hopefully we could ride again, soon. Thanks for the warm welcome and safe ride last Sunday too. :)

OMG! I shall not debate on cynical issues, including the spelling of my name. :lol:
I am not making a personal attack on anyone, hints my footer. It’s not worth it grasshopper! I feel it’s best to be objective and avoid wasting precious time.
Thanks for the kind input on my mirror! :)

I would like to take this moment to enlighten those that may not be aware of two, not so unique items. The first one would be the abbreviation: PM. PM is the abbreviation of “personal message”. The second item is Profile. The “Profile” of a person will have the PM button to click and information regarding the person(s) you’re viewing, such as their name. Thanks for viewing my reply.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/dapperr/thsupertroopers.gif
:P

eaheer
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Right on man! It was a nice ride will do it again sometime!

Spiderman
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
So THATS why i havent been able to stay within the speed limit...... should have been a disclaimer sticker on the tank.... lol
How could you miss it?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/photoweek/20030331.jpg

:lol:

eaheer
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Spiderman, I think you have a lot of time on your hands... LOL

Spiderman
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM
:lol: Not this time - my memory helped me out - that was the Photo of the Week for March 31st, 2003 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/photoweek2003.html). :D

onepoorstunna
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 10:06 PM
Posting once a month to keep your account active. I thought I already explained this to you? I guess you weren't listening to good. Once and for all, you ONLY have to post once within the first 30 days. This way we can keep on top of who all is actually interested in the club or the forum itself. We don't like having dead beat accounts that do nothing!

Versus those who join and when we don't post pictures of us doing wheelies get locked out. Gee, how fair and reasonable. And then we sign up for the Vegas trip and what happens? Why..it gets cancelled right out from underneath us after we make reservations and all the rest of it.

It would be a bad joke if it weren't true.

sfarson
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Met sfarson in Deckers Sunday…nice to meet ya! :up:

Yep…saw the Jeffco Deputy Sheriff in the Ford (black/white) truck and ATV in the back. Even waved at him exiting out of a turn…no reaction from the officer. :) It’s still amazing to me every time I ride by where a forest use to be…(Hayman Fire) :o

Dapper, good to meet you as well. Was able to get some good video to and from Deckers. Hope to connect on a ride one of these days.

Steve

eaheer
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 07:52 AM
Posting once a month to keep your account active. I thought I already explained this to you? I guess you weren't listening to good. Once and for all, you ONLY have to post once within the first 30 days. This way we can keep on top of who all is actually interested in the club or the forum itself. We don't like having dead beat accounts that do nothing!

Versus those who join and when we don't post pictures of us doing wheelies get locked out. Gee, how fair and reasonable. And then we sign up for the Vegas trip and what happens? Why..it gets cancelled right out from underneath us after we make reservations and all the rest of it.

It would be a bad joke if it weren't true.
I apologize about the vegas cancel. We are still working on the details of that trip. The weather was playing a roll in this event, as well as people going. I understand how you must feel with the cancelation of the Vegas trip, all I can do is apologize. I for one was ready to go no matter what.
Versus those who join and when we don't post pictures of us doing wheelies get locked out.I have no clue what your talking about? I guess I am just confused?

bulldog
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 08:02 AM
Another warning about Deckers is you get a ticket on the south side of it, then you will have to go all the way to Cripple Creek courthouse to fight it: or like me a mandatory appearence.

eaheer
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 08:10 AM
Another warning about Deckers is you get a ticket on the south side of it, then you will have to go all the way to Central City courthouse to fight it: or like me a mandatory appearence.
WOW that totally sucks. Is Deckers not a good place to ride anymore? Any suggestions to go other places? I also heard there is Harley cop bikes that are unmarked at Deckers now.

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 08:13 AM
Another warning about Deckers is you get a ticket on the south side of it, then you will have to go all the way to Central City courthouse to fight it: or like me a mandatory appearence.

That would be Teller County and Cripple Creek --- just like Central City both have gaming. Still a far away place to talk to a judge and whip out your checkbook :down:

bulldog
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM

That would be Teller County and Cripple Creek --- just like Central City both have gaming. Still a far away place to talk to a judge and whip out your checkbook :down:
Ooops, must have been asleep this morning. Thanks for the correction..... Yup was about a 2hour drive just to write a check and get told how much they hate sportbike riders and how they are cracking down on "my kind" or as they also like to put it "organ donars".....

bulldog
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
Is Deckers not a good place to ride anymore? Not if you break the speed limit :P If you don't speed then it is a great ride with lots of twisties and double lanes in some places.

eaheer
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Is Deckers not a good place to ride anymore? Not if you break the speed limit :P If you don't speed then it is a great ride with lots of twisties and double lanes in some places.
Ok well it is a fun ride. I like to go somewhat fast thru the twisties though.... Hmmmmmmm any other areas where we can ride with a little speed behind us? I know the track is great place. Can’t afford the tires every week though. It is nice to just get out in the canyons and tear it up so to speak.

RocketJohn
Tue May 23rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
67 has to be the most patrolled canyon I can think of... When my father was learning to ride years ago, I was on a sportbike he was on a clapped out beginner 30 year old XS650 and they nabbed him for going 10mph over, we talked the officer down to a warning, countless sportbikes flew past us... odd... contable pulled over the slowed guy on the road that day... we are always on the watch on that particular road...