PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Anonymous
Fri Dec 20th, 2002, 11:55 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/MB/SpideysBrokenExhaust3.jpg
I would have thought that the exhaust would last more than 8433 miles! :lol:

Don't worry, this is going to be taken care of under warranty - I already spoke to the dealer - I just thought it would be funny to share.

I went for a little ride today and noticed my exhaust was sounding louder than usual. I saw that the welds were breaking where the pipe meeds the can - I didn't think it was that bad, but when I landed my next wheelie, the exhaust note got REAL loud. I checked my rear view and saw something tumbling behind me. I pulled over and noticed I missing something ;). I hiked back a couple hundred yards, picked up the lost pipe, stuffed it in my jacket and went home to call the dealership.

Anonymous
Sat Dec 21st, 2002, 08:15 AM
:lol: :shock:

Dude it's that new super-light-racepipe kit! Completely eliminates the midpipe for less restriction and lighter weight, for higher wheelies... :D

Anonymous
Sat Dec 21st, 2002, 10:06 AM
:lol:
I guess I should have paid more attention to my muffler bearings! :D :lol:

UglyDogRacing
Sat Dec 21st, 2002, 10:31 AM
http://www.cbrworld.net/upload/images/img1261_624.jpg

Hoopty
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:32 AM
You shoulda bought a Suzi! :lol: Never forget about keeping those muffler bearings oiled too. :D PS- nice meeting you the other night, Spiderman. 8)

Burnout
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:53 AM
Nice! That is a good reason to get a full system. BTW Bob, your bike looks really good with that white and the new screen. Is that tricktape or what?

Anonymous
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:09 AM
You shoulda bought a Suzi! :lol: Never forget about keeping those muffler bearings oiled too. :D PS- nice meeting you the other night, Spiderman. 8)Suzuki? Then I wouldn't be riding the most refined (not to mention best looking :D) sportbike out there :lol: Nice meeting you too, Hoopty.

Nice! That is a good reason to get a full system. BTW Bob, your bike looks really good with that white and the new screen. Is that tricktape or what?I doubt I'll get a full system. I'm thinking about a TI Force high-mount slip-on, but I'm going to get this fixed under warranty first. Thanks, yes it is Trick Tape - some of the the graphics are part of a kit, the rest are custom (including the white "V" by the windscreen).

UglyDogRacing
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:43 AM
This would look nice on your bike-

http://www.tiforce.com/tiforce/images/2002r1.jpg

They don't list a slip on for your bike as of yet, but I will check with Rob at Orient Express. I need to call for a new sleev for my can anyway.

Anonymous
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:01 AM
They don't list a slip on for your bike as of yet, but I will check with Rob at Orient Express. I need to call for a new sleev for my can anyway.I picked up a TI Force flyer at the show and the have 2 high-mount slip-ons for the 02 R1 - both oval, one of them is Rainbow (prolly like the one in your pic).

Hoopty
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:24 AM
Damn, that R1 looks t!ts without the fairings!!! :o :up:

Anonymous
Mon Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:42 AM
Hmmmm... Get the new pipe under warranty - do not install it, have Vickery exchange it in the box. Then buy a new aftermarket pipe, like what you want. Then, go ebay the new-in-the-box OEM pipe and ultimately wind up not paying as much for the new one.

Vickery will probably want to see the bike, but you might be able to talk them into replacing the exhaust itself (since thye'd just ship the busted one to yamy if they dind't wind up trashing it) by just giving it to you. Dunno, it would take some sweet talking on your part I think. But, you can bolt on whatever kit you wind up buying yourself in half an hour, add another 15 min to list the new replacement OEM pipe on ebay, that's not a bad way to spend an afternoon...

haywood jablome
Tue Dec 24th, 2002, 12:35 AM
talk to Andy Atkins over there at vickery he might hook you up. I wish i rode a Yammie i give him soooo much business from the base. We bought 4 new Polaris 400 from them and also 2 new honda's Mad money there. Try it

DrEvilR1
Thu Dec 26th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Holy broken titanium exhaust, Batman, er, I mean Spiderman... :o

Glad it under warranty! :P By the way, Bob, The R looks killer! Did you clear coat over the tape? Is there any need to or is just like factory decal material?

Anonymous
Tue Dec 31st, 2002, 02:16 AM
By the way, Bob, The R looks killer! Did you clear coat over the tape? Is there any need to or is just like factory decal material?Thanks Mark. Nope, no clear coat - it's high quality stuff (Trick Tape). The only place that would get a clear coat would be on the tank, and I don't even have any decals there - I have the Second Look tank skin which fits perfectly with the decals :D

Anonymous
Tue Dec 31st, 2002, 03:04 AM
Hmmmm... Get the new pipe under warranty - do not install it, have Vickery exchange it in the box. Then buy a new aftermarket pipe, like what you want. Then, go ebay the new-in-the-box OEM pipe and ultimately wind up not paying as much for the new one.Just checked ebay - not much demand for 2002 R1 pipes - highest bid is $46! :shock:

Thanks anyway. :cry:

Hozerking
Sun Jan 5th, 2003, 11:13 PM
I'm a little late but ... here goes

Did you use synthetic grease on those mufler bearing?! and did you follow the manual on the propper break-in procedure on the exhaust sytem!? :D

... anyways: pretty bike I "almost" got the same color! :)

-al

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Did you use synthetic grease on those mufler bearing?! and did you follow the manual on the propper break-in procedure on the exhaust sytem!? :DlDOH!!! :shock:
:D

... anyways: pretty bike I "almost" got the same color! :) Thanks :up:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 10:03 AM
You get your pipe fixed yet spidey?

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Not yet :cry: I don't have a truck or anybody to give me ride back home, plus I've been busy with other sh*t. I was going to tape it up again and ride on Saturday, go up to Pauls in Cheyenne, but then I got an offer to go boarding (1st time in 3 years, and probably the only chance I'll get to go this year), so I did that instead. Plus, if I get on the bike, the front tire is going to get some air (I don't know how it happans, it just does :D ), and it has to come down again, and even though the landings aren't hard, it would come undone again.

I should be getting it in the shop this week sometime.

Hoopty
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 10:40 AM
What shop did you need to take it to? I have a truck to throw it in, I'd just rather not run all over town. ;)

haywood jablome
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 11:19 AM
i can get a trailer but need a bit of advance notice.

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys. I'm taking it to Vickery (that's where I bought it).

I don't need a truck or trailer, it's just that I don't have one, and my taxi, er, I mean, wife :shock: is out of town right now. She gets back tomorrow, that's why I should be able to get it in this weei.

Hoopty
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Well, I live right by you so if you need/want a truck to haul it down there lemme know. :)

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Well, I live right by you so if you need/want a truck to haul it down there lemme know. :)Thanks. I'll let yo know.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys. I'm taking it to Vickery (that's where I bought it).

I don't need a truck or trailer, it's just that I don't have one, and my taxi, er, I mean, wife :shock: is out of town right now. She gets back tomorrow, that's why I should be able to get it in this weei.

Bob, let me know if you need my help with that. It wouldn't be a problem for me to come by and get your bike and drop it off at Vickery since I am not far from either of them.