PDA

View Full Version : Two day ride

denverbusa
Sat Apr 29th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Lets plan an overnight trip before the memorial day weekend rush and beat the summer traffic out there. We often talk about doing it, so lets get a little more serious and do it.

I'm thinking [strike:2332eb7a29]5-13/14 [/strike:2332eb7a29](mothers day)or 5-20/21. Should be able to find some cheap hotels before they get busy with the memorial day weekend. Stayed in Purgatory a couple years ago and had a great time riding in the area.

So who's up for it?

Black Canyon, Million Dollar Hwy. Leave Friday afternoon to Montrose have Saturday and Sunday to explore the canyons. :D

Bugkiller1
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Hell yeah im in... we have been talking about doing something like this for a while. I was thinking of planing a similar trip to Miller motorsport for the AMA race. You gonna ride the busa or the duck?

Bugkiller1
Tue May 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Shit... actually I cant do that weekend 5/20/06. My dad is flying out for a motorcycle trip (he's renting a beemer) that weekend. If we can change the date... im game.

denverbusa
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 12:14 AM
Memorial day weekend is always an option or the next weekend may have a little less traffic.

I hope to have the busa back from paint prior to the trip so putting off a week or two will make the odds a little better. If not I guess I'll just have to ride the Duc, oh darn. :P

I'm working on hotels right now in montrose or maybe glenwood.

Post up some locations or thoughts and we'll get a plan together.

Hope you have a great time with your dad.

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
Box Canyon Lodge and Hot Springs
Ouray CO

[web:5b5c787da1]http://boxcanyonouray.com/reviews.php[/web:5b5c787da1]

denverbusa
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
$89.00 Dollars a night. looks like a nice place though.

I'll keep looking. I'm thinking a cheap roadside & save it for the College Inn down in Durango. :D

Anyone else want to leave on Friday about 3:00 or 4:00 and get to Glenwood Springs?

Wildturkee
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
so u thinking on doing it later, what dates...june 3&4 th mabe, should not be too much trafic in that area of colorado... :idea:

Bugkiller1
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah... I would like to leave on a friday afternoon... I would need at least a month notice to request that day off from work though.

SXSMITH
Thu May 4th, 2006, 11:51 AM
The National Audi TT Event is the 20th in Durango.
I could have someone drive my car for me and ride the new bike down.

Scott

TT West Event (http://tt-west.org/home.shtml)

denverbusa
Sat May 6th, 2006, 09:22 PM
BK1 you ridin tomorrow? I'll be there and we can set a firm date.

Bugkiller1
Sat May 6th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah... ill be there tomorrow morning. (sunday)

Nick_Ninja
Sun May 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah... ill be there tomorrow morning. (sunday)

We wern't and you wern't 8)

Bugkiller1
Mon May 8th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Ahhh... yeah i was, and so was denverbusa. Hey Marc... shoot me a pm if you talked to mark on the gixxer after the ride. I would like to know what happened.

Chris
Fri May 12th, 2006, 01:18 AM
I will go.

I have my own place to stay in durango.

chris.maples@gmail.com

denverbusa
Sun May 28th, 2006, 11:34 PM
OK Here is the plan and the dates are set. June 9th, 10th & 11th

Leave denver Friday evening after work by 5:30 / 6:00 (Morrison Conoco)
get to Glenwood Springs via independence pass (since we are looking for budget hotels we'll have to get past Aspen!)

Saturday early depart Carbondale Hwy 133 South, 92 (Black Canyon of the Gunnison), hwy 50 to 550 and down the Million Dollar Hwy (any good side roads will be evaluated for riding pleasure) to Durango for a night of fun and debotchery at the College Inn.

Sunday not an early start (see debotchery above) we'll have to sit down for breakfast and see where we want to go, we can leave this open for discussion, south route via salida or go back north the way we came in?

We will make this simple, no sign up list. If you are there when we leave you are in, if not catch up or don't complain! We'll have a meeting time & place on Saturday AM in Carbondale. If you are cutting it close call my cell 720-203-4057 leave a voice message, don't enter your phone number as I may not get the page but I will check for messages prior to leaving any of the above departures and if you are going to be close we MIGHT wait ;)

I have a total of 8 riders who have committed to this trip to me personally. Riding skills vary from expert to beginner so there will be stops all along the way to make sure everyone is accounted for. Safety will be an issue discussed also. Its one thing to get towed down from deer creek but entirely another from Ouray. $$$$$

The more the merrier so I hope you can make it.

[/quote]

I have my own place to stay in durango.

chris.maples@gmail.com

So good buddy Chris, got room for more?????

Bugkiller1
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 08:02 AM
You know im in Mark... Just picked up a tail bag for the trip; i cant wait. Who is on the list of confirmed riders?

Neil

denverbusa
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Sorry it took so long I've been internet impaired. My dial up SUUUUUCKS :x

Confirmed so Far:

Chester (My buddy on the XX)
Sam (My buddy on an R1)
Mark (I talked to Mark tonite and he's bringin' the ZX10)
Jim (He's gonna ride the moTARD)
You (R1)
Me (Ducati 916, Busa paint not ready in time. My ass hurts already)

also some possibles below

Jim F (I heard is a possible)
Arley (Was going to try and he had that ohh! I want to go look)
Bill (was going to try)

Thats everyone that has spoken to me from our regular group. May be more that actually shows up but that is all I know of. Will be a great group if those last 3 show up.

Ill be at the Conoco by 5:00 PM Friday. We'll have to verify the route at the station. Leave by 6:00 at the very latest.

Bugkiller1
Thu Jun 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Jim on the motard? Hope there's plenty of gas stations!

I should be there no later than 6.