PDA

View Full Version : New Bike Zx-14

Ghost Rider
Mon May 1st, 2006, 09:38 AM
Picked up my new Zx-14 Sat. Now I have about 250 on it . Rode Sun Deer creek to Conifer to Evergreen And Cen City.Replaced my 12 with this and I can say that it's better. Feels lighter,turns in better and power delivery is really alot smoother.
DenverBusa had a short test ride on it also.

Nat

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 1st, 2006, 09:58 AM
My buddy picks his up in a week or two. Sounds REALLY FUN!! :up:

iam4u2nv
Mon May 1st, 2006, 10:08 AM
Down getting the wife new gear Sat - they rolled it out from the back. I tried to get them to let me take it out but they wouldnt.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/iam4u2nv/cid_Photo-0012e.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/iam4u2nv/cid_Photo-0011e.jpg

Mother Goose
Mon May 1st, 2006, 10:08 AM
Pics man! Pics!

Lee
Mon May 1st, 2006, 10:21 AM
It sounds like the handling and performance are there. It's also a good looking bike.

Lee

Sully
Mon May 1st, 2006, 10:44 AM
:up:

Mother Goose
Mon May 1st, 2006, 10:50 AM
nice

Ghost Rider
Mon May 1st, 2006, 10:51 AM
Some were asking about low end torque.
I slowed it down to 1200 RPM in 6th and then snapped the throttle wide open. The engine shuddered a little and accelerated back up to speed. Some bikes I have had would protest and not accelerate.

Also there is no vibration in the bars at any engine speed that I can detect. The 12 did have a slight buzz.

More seat time!!

towneh
Mon May 1st, 2006, 11:06 AM
Pehaps the Hayabusa has met its match ?!?!?!?!?! an FJR on steroids? time will tell.

rhicks
Mon May 1st, 2006, 01:17 PM
bastards!

Zanos
Mon May 1st, 2006, 01:29 PM
Saw it Sunday. Great ride. Huge bike. Have fun man and be safe.

Bugkiller1
Mon May 1st, 2006, 04:01 PM
'bout time Nat... was getting use to seeing you up at the conoco on your Harley Davidson... truck. Congrats on the new bike, im sure i'll see it soon.

Neil

Bueller
Mon May 1st, 2006, 07:32 PM
Nice ride Nat!

denverbusa
Mon May 1st, 2006, 08:22 PM
It didn't take me long to get my helmet when he said "go ahead, take her around the block"! :D Thanks again I feel very lucky. I'll throw the Busa Keys your way when she gets back together.

I'll take my busa hat off and say "it's got some balls", new tires and an unfamilliar bike its hard to truely evaluate over 7 - 8 miles. It's more upright and the handle bars didn't have the feel for the road that clip ons give, but it seemed light with good turn in. You are a lucky man Nat, It'll be a ball getting to know that bike!

I would really like to see a HP/ Torque curve on it. Once the RPMs were up it went like hell, it's like there is a power band that might show up on the curve. Sunday I was on my Duc 916 and heading up one of the straight hills on Central City [strike:2622d3e3f5]Raceway [/strike:2622d3e3f5]Parkway when Nat passed me like I was standing still. :cry: However I should get the Busa all back together with new paint before Mothers Day. 8)

Over all I am tickled pink that Kawi stepped up, now the Hayabusa will have a competitor to compete with. My hope though is that they dont just keep adding CC's. I don't want to see a GSX1500R then a ZX-1600, where will it end. Like the 600 / 1000's they are apples to apples.

denverbusa
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 12:29 AM
So how many miles you been getting in each night? You got them tires scrubbbed in yet?

King Nothing
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 07:57 AM
that is a pretty sweet bike! I rode an identical one on saturday night and was suprised by how light the bike felt and how comfortable it was. Nice purchase!

Ghost Rider
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 08:18 AM
So how many miles you been getting in each night? You got them tires scrubbbed in yet?

Mark,
Just over 300 miles and lovin it.Tires are starting to look used-not alot of chicken strip!!

nat

denverbusa
Wed May 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
sweeeeeet!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu May 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Cool, enjoy it (with caution, of course)! Now, N_N, don't be all drooling all over yourself..... :lol:

freezincold
Thu May 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Sweet!

Not that it means much..but one day my buddy with a busa starts burning his tire and then lets it go to idle...it just sat there at idle happily spinning the tire.
I'm sure the new 14 does the same. forgive me. it is perhaps only funny because I can't imagine doing that with my bikes.

Perhaps the Busa HAS met it's match!

Congrats on a sweet ass bike!!!

Some were asking about low end torque.
I slowed it down to 1200 RPM in 6th and then snapped the throttle wide open. The engine shuddered a little and accelerated back up to speed. Some bikes I have had would protest and not accelerate.

Also there is no vibration in the bars at any engine speed that I can detect. The 12 did have a slight buzz.

More seat time!!

Ghost Rider
Thu May 4th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone.
Now if it would just stop the friggin raining and chilly. Figures since the release of the 14 was 2 months late that the weather would play games .

Nat :D

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Cool, enjoy it (with caution, of course)! Now, N_N, don't be all drooling all over yourself..... :lol:

I get to ride Cutlers when it comes in 8)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM

I get to ride Cutlers when it comes in 8)

Cool. I wanted to try one the other weekend, but they didn't have any. My leathers are supposed to arrive Mon or Tues......can't wait.

Zanos
Sat May 6th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Ghost spotted at Fed/Oxford at 1400 on 5/6/06.

Ghost Rider
Sat May 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Yep
that was me . Had to stop by my shop for a minute.

We dyno'ed the bike today at Sun Kawasaki on a "Super Flo" Dyno.
Several runs.

Keep in mind this was at over 5000' ft alt.Temp was appx 60F.
I am told that the Supre Flo will show results appx 10-15% less than Dynojet.

Super Flo 154 Hp Corrected
Dynojet 169.9 HP

The graph showed it was lean to around 6000 rpm.

We did run 6th to the limiter. Speedo showed 190--Dyno showed 184.9 mph.

now we need slipon's and the power commander

Nat

rforsythe
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I just felt like resurrecting the oldest thread in General. Carry on.

(Unfortunately the new last thread is kinda sad...)

salsashark
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 05:07 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SRfK8nBh-OI/AAAAAAAABAs/KwSUjx2QLsg/catstare.gif

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SXSt64cND8I/AAAAAAAACz0/IKOXEJnzLKw/wtf.gif

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SO4wTkteaLI/AAAAAAAAA8g/6VZCcHmi28M/RTX9BS8.jpg

Sorry Chris X X X :321:

Sean
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I just felt like resurrecting the oldest thread in General. Carry on.

(Unfortunately the new last thread is kinda sad...)
:wtf: