PDA

View Full Version : Discount Motorcycle Tire does it again...

Quick636
Tue Dec 16th, 2003, 01:54 PM
They have managed to screw up ANOTHER simple order of mine.

After their mass email stating that they are aware of the problems and whatnot I decided to give them a second chance. Ordered a visor for my new helmet. They checked and it is available so they supposably placed the order. Credit card was billed, everything appeared to be fine. A week and a half later and no visor, no call to say there is a problem, and they once again cannot find what has happened to my order. I give up, these guys are destined to go out of business IMHO.

Wahooman
Wed Dec 17th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Jay seems like this always happens to your orders....sorry to hear about that. I only dealt with them once and it was all smooth and good, but that was for tires....who knows.
I went to Brighton Suzuki again today and same luck, those guys just arent professional at all.....off to twin peaks yamaha.......

Quick636
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Hey, while you are out looking you might as well check out everything.

Check out Sun Motorcycles and talk to Donnie Book. He was the guy that sold me my bike and was pretty cool. Then again , most people are cool when you are spending 8 grand with them... :lol:

But seriously, he really did help me make an informed decision based on my wants rather than the highest price bike he could sell me.

I know you are a Yamaha guy, but at least LOOK at the Kawi ZX6R and the Honda CBR600RR. If I had toi do it all again I probably would have bought the 600RR, much more comfy bike then mine.

50mulisha
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM
My name is Adam I'm the purchaser for Discount. The first thing that I want to say is sorry for the srew up. I would like to try to fix this for you by getting you the visor for your helmet at my cost and give you a free
t shrit. if you are willing to let me try and fix this for you, Please e-mail me privately and I will get you taken care for.

Quick636
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 12:29 PM
I sent you a PM, but I found out something else today!

Called today and the shield is on backorder... even though I called three times prior and nobody could tell me what the deal was. So much for calling within one business day if there is a problem...

" no automatic backorders, and if there is a problem we will contact you within one business day". Words taken from your website. I will never do business with DMTA again. Plenty of other places to get gear and stuff out there.

Gramps
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Jay is a harsh dude :D

He is right though. Customer Service makes the diffrence. We can all buy
accessories anywhere.

I guess I won't be buying tires at DMTA :o

NineTwoFour
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Well, they charge a higher price if you walk in to buy something.... and then you have to pay tax on top of it... you can easily find as good a price somewhere online, and usually can get free or cheap shipping.

I try to keep my buisness local, but they have to do a good job of taking care of me to make it worth the few extra dollars.

Quick636
Thu Dec 18th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Just to sorta conclude this little soap opera...

I spoke to Adam directly this afternoon and got everything figured out. I won't go into great details as I just don't feel that is fair to DMTA, but to make a long story short the error was seen and corrected by DMTA and I should be picking up my shield tomorrow.

Adam, thanks for your help again. I am willing to give DMTA another chance after the treatment I received from you. Thanks

Wahooman
Sun Dec 21st, 2003, 10:39 PM
Glad you got it figured out Jason. Adam even though I wasn't involved with this transaction I do want to say thanks for speaking up on our forum and taking the initiative to fix it. There are many people on here who have had many problems with DMT...just FYI for you and the store. I had good luck getting tires through you guys. I guess if you know of a problem you can do something about it....as you did with Jason. As always you have to be open to the feedback as well. ;)