PDA

View Full Version : Road Information (help)

Neb954
Thu May 4th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Need Advise/Guidance

I'll be making another trip out there next month, but this time my friend and his R6 is coming along. I need some guidance on some possible/potential rides. (hear me out) LOL

Yes I've searched and done research but one MAIN question I have is how or what is a good road to get over to WinterPark from Estes. I've looked at the road that goes by Granby lake however when I 'thought' I was on it last year they were working on it so I turned around. One of our rides I plan on taking is the P2P highway up to Estes from golden/boulder and then come back through winter park/berthord pass and then I70.

Also wondering what is a nice road on the 'south' side of I70 which might dump into breknridge? (then come back swan lake road/loveland pass/i-70)

I'm already familiar and we will probably ride..
Bolder to Ned. and then down to Blk Hawk/Gldn (quick ride)
And as mentioned above the P2P up to estes.
We'll also probably hit Dekkers too for I've never been on that one and curious about it.
At one point in time we'll probably also come down/through CentralCty that 4laner is nice and will be perfect for my friend (nice and open)

Just like to get some feedback.. Prefer to keep this done via Email if possible due to anyone is able to read this, which is why I purposely misspelled some items.

Drop me a line my email is estesmtn@yahoo.com

Greatly appreciated

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 4th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Estes to Winter Park isn't happining untill after Memorial Day (Us 36 Trail Ridge Road). There is only a couple of routs available -- Pouder Canyon through Walden or Berthoud Pass off I-70. The Walden route is the longest but it is by far the most fun on a bike.

rybo
Thu May 4th, 2006, 02:13 PM
:imwithstupid:

+1 on the Poudre Canyon road to Walden and then over to Grand Lake. Long, but worth it ride!

Mel
Thu May 4th, 2006, 03:02 PM
You know, there is a ride that is south and goes into Breckenridge from the south end. I don't know the official route, but I know when I did it, we left and started up Deer Creek and Turkey Creek Canyon. I want to say that we popped out in Breckenridge over Boreas pass, so you might start searching that.
FYI, I was just up in Breckenridge, and actually stayed in a condo that is partially up Boreas Pass, and it was sandy, and there is some road damage. Since it is still snowing up there almost weekly, they *may* not have that fixed in the next month.

Neb954
Thu May 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info on "Pouder Canyon through Walden"
We aren't going to be up there until Jun 7-11th so 36 might be available. I was hoping to come 'back' through berthoud pass. (going towards I70)

As for Breck.. I've been on the road going out of breck and then catching the highway west and then north which catches I70 by CooperMtn and passes the 10th Mountain division training ground..