PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Annual CSC Picnic! June 11th

rforsythe
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM
It's that time again! The 2006 Annual CSC Picnic is ON!!

The Important Stuff:
- Sunday June 11th, at Clement Park (directions below)
- Starts around 11:30am-Noon, goes till we finish
- The grill will be going with burgers and dogs, you're welcome to bring other stuff to cook by fire if you like
- Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)
- Every year we seem to get even more people! This will be a lot of fun, don't miss it!

But How Do I Get There?
From Wadsworth and Bowles, go East on Bowles half a mile to one of the park entrances (using the one by the library will get you to us quicker). Follow the paved road up and around towards the skate park. We will have the same shelter as last year; paved parking is available next to the picnic site, and we'll have the CSC banners up for the directionally-challenged.

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
We need food, obviously. We'll supply the dogs, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments; beyond that we need everyone to step up and bring a side dish, pop, dessert, or whatever! We will also have Breckenridge Brewery Summerbright Ale on-hand!

If you have a pop-up or easily assembled canopy and can bring that, let us know. We had about 40x40 of extra shade last year and that worked out well. Same with chairs, that sort of thing.

Volleyball net? Other "park" activities?

Can I Bring My Friends Who Aren't CSC Members?
You can, but please remember this is a CSC function. We do ask that they contribute to the food somehow, it's cool if they come but not cool if they show up en masse and eat a bunch of food when everyone else brought some.

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
If you're planning on riding to the picnic, either strap it on real good, or pass it off to someone who is driving. We'll start a list of cagers below who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who's Bringing What:
This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc (it also helps us with headcount for the burgers and dogs):

1. Ralph/Donna: Smokin' a brisket, cookies, bringing the keg
2. Scott/Sarah: Sponsoring the Burgers
3. Nick Ninja: Tossed Salad
4. Suki and Frito: Pasta with crap in it
5. PG_Rider + Ball and Chain: EZ-Up and "some food", whatever that means
6. Kyle: Pop and j00 brownies
7. Jeaven: Some beer and his special sauce for the burgers
8. Beotch and Dick(head), plus the kid, maybe parents: Either chips and dip, or potatoes.
9. Ashli/Loopty: Juicy fruit and dessert
10. Sully: Watermelon
11. Tbyrd: Potato Salad
12. Notto: His legendary buns
13. Duc'nnit + 1: Deviled Eggs
14. Lo Mileage: Baked Beans
15. Ree: Assorted chips and dip
16. Wicky: Pasta Salad
17. FZRACE: Veggie and dip, or something
18. mclarke: Pop, water, macaroni salad, possibly some pudding and a pair of goggles
19. rlarsen: Meat tray
20. Chanda: 'Shrooms, guac dip and chips
21. Spidey: Burgers, dogs, condiments, etc
22. Canuck & Erin: Cookies, well Erin is bringing the cookies, Canuck is bringing Erin to try and prove he's not that gay.
......We'll add more as you post up with it!
(Please don't quote the entire list, just post what you're bringing specifically and we'll add it in)

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your baked beans or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

1. Ralph (rforsythe), South Denver area (Evans/Monaco or I-25/Colorado)
.......Who else?

SEE YOU THERE!!

Suki
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:20 PM
well it's about damn time you get off your ass and do something!!! :lol:

j/k

rforsythe
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:22 PM
well it's about damn time you get off your ass and do something!!! :lol:

j/k

Shut up and make alan cook a damn side dish! :lol:

Sully
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
uhmm..... I'm in... I'll bring a side dish... or whatever is needed... 8)

Suki
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
you're so demanding for such a little guy!!! :lol:

alan can't boil water, i'll bring some toast! :D

rybo
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Who's Bringing What:
This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc (it also helps us with headcount for the burgers and dogs):

1. Ralph/Donna: Smokin' a brisket, possibly bringing the burgers and dogs, etc.
2. Scott (rybo) and Sarah- Ralph- I've got a sam's membership and will bring a bunch of burgers (let me know how many you think we'll need and I'll pick them all up.)- See you there!
......We'll add more as you post up with it!

~Barn~
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Tentatively I'm in.

I'll bring as many illegal immigrants as I can find, some chips, and 2 pair of boxing gloves so that we can finally get CSC Fight Night kicked off.
:bananna:

rforsythe
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
uhmm..... I'm in... I'll bring a side dish... or whatever is needed... 8)

:roll: See Sully, you need to actually tell us what you're bringing. :idea:

I have Suki down for toast, and Barn for illegal immigrants (as long as they bring food!)... No actually guys, whatcha bringing?

Scott, tentatively plan to feed 100+ people, but we'll plan that out more later. Since we need to get a bunch of other stuff anyway it'd be worth combining efforts on that one.

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I'll bring Frog Eye Salad :shock:

pg_rider
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Have to confirm with the ball-and-chain, but count the two of us in, plus a dog. We can bring an EZ Up and some food too... :)

Suki
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:41 PM
not sure on what to bring just yet, you just sprung this on me without any prior notification, I CAN'T FUNCTION LIKE THAT!!!!!! :lol:

put us down for Pasta, the curly kind with pepperoni and crap in it. :D

Jmetz
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I should be in for this. I'll be caging. I'll bring some pop and and some "special" brownies. :lol:

jeaven
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Who's bringing the volley-ball net?

~Barn~
Thu May 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Sit tight Ralph... I won't know for sure if I can make it, until a few days before. If I can, I'll just see what's needed and try and bring that. :up:

Mel
Thu May 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Hehe, Nick_ninja is tossing salad. Ok, yeah, easily entertained.

Put me down for bringing a mildly spicy messican dip and some tortilla chips....figure at worst I can throw that in a back pack. Or I can play susie home-maker and make the baked ranch potatos like I did last year (since a bunch of people asked me about them). Let me know....

Since we will have kiddo, at least one of us will be coming in a car, but since Dick(head) thinks he is gonna start riding my purple beast, we may bring the parents along to transport kiddo or something. Figure at least one person from my household will be in a car. We are down in Highlands Ranch.

AshliRider44
Fri May 12th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Count on me/Hoopty for some yummy juicy fruit and for a dessert of some kind :drool:

Sully
Fri May 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
gahhh Ralph... ok.. I will bring potato salad ! :P geeshh... :lol:

rybo
Fri May 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Scott, tentatively plan to feed 100+ people, but we'll plan that out more later. Since we need to get a bunch of other stuff anyway it'd be worth combining efforts on that one.

Sounds good. Let me know when you want to head to Sam's Club and I'll meet up with you to make it happen.

S

Jmetz
Fri May 12th, 2006, 02:29 PM
While you're there can you pick up some exlax? I haven't decided which version of "special" I'm going with yet.

Thanks.

mclarke
Fri May 12th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Hey greetings all! I am new to the site and area, but I think this would be a great way for me to meet a lot of you. Anyone have any reccomendations for what I should bring? You name it I will try and bring it!

~Barn~
Fri May 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Hey greetings all! I am new to the site and area, but I think this would be a great way for me to meet a lot of you. Anyone have any reccomendations for what I should bring? You name it I will try and bring it!

Hmm... You're 24, eh?

I say bring as many of your female friends as possible. That might just be me though. :dunno:

Welcome to da club.
:D

mclarke
Fri May 12th, 2006, 04:07 PM
lol, well since I have only been in denver for 4 weeks now, the female friend category is kinda thin atm... I can bring lots of pics of cooter :)

lol thanks for the welcome, look forward to meeting some fellow bike nuts..

AshliRider44
Fri May 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM

Hmm... You're 24, eh?

I say bring as many of your female friends as possible. That might just be me though. :dunno:

Welcome to da club.

:spit:
Welcome Mclarke-- see you then :D

T-byrd
Sat May 13th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I'll bring my famous potato salad. 8)

Tanya

King Nothing
Sat May 13th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I'll bring as many illegal immigrants as I can find, some chips, and 2 pair of boxing gloves so that we can finally get CSC Fight Night kicked off.
Aw crap! I'm gonna get my arse kicked! :cry:

mclarke
Sat May 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
so what should i bring? some chips? dip? Mind you i will be riding in, but anything I can bring or shuttle with someone else. Let me know what we need!

Jenny
Sat May 13th, 2006, 01:02 PM
We need Rice Krispie Treats, damnit!!!!

Jmetz
Sat May 13th, 2006, 01:19 PM
so what should i bring? some chips? dip? Mind you i will be riding in, but anything I can bring or shuttle with someone else. Let me know what we need!

A keg!

Butterfly
Sat May 13th, 2006, 02:36 PM
:yay: Cant wait!

Feathered upstart!
Sat May 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I'll be bringing my legendary buns 8)

Jenny
Sat May 13th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Yay!

rforsythe
Sat May 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM

A keg!

We have that covered now Kyle. ;)

If anyone else wants to bring beverages at this point, please get some cases of pop (or 2 liters), or plan on a food item.

Teflon
Sat May 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
how about cheez whiz

Duc'nnit
Sun May 14th, 2006, 08:06 AM
So far we are in, we will be caging and pop in with some deviled eggs... :evil: :poo:

Jmetz
Sun May 14th, 2006, 09:29 AM
We have that covered now Kyle. ;)

Good form ole chap. :D

FZRguy
Tue May 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Since you mentioned it, I’ll bring some baked beans.

busagirl
Tue May 16th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I'm in and I'll bring a few bags of assorted chips & some dip to go with them!!!

Spiderman
Tue May 16th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I've got a sam's membership and will bring a bunch of burgers (let me know how many you think we'll need and I'll pick them all up.)- See you there!
Thanks! Let's coordinate so I don't get too many or too few buns. :D

Also, I can transport some food for anybody that needs it. I'm in Littleton, near Bowles & C-470. 8)

rlarsen
Thu May 18th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I'd like to make an appearance, since if I have met any of you, it was like 2 years ago and only once. :D

So what food items are still lacking? I can bring whatever.

rybo
Thu May 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Spidey,

I will let you know. Ralph is going to try to get a preliminary head count for me. You are welcome to come and meet up if you just want to get in on the Sam's club order. Otherwise I can just pick up the buns as well and you can pay me back.

Let me know!

Scott

Mother Goose
Thu May 18th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I tried to post this before, but the board was being retarded.... go figure.

But.... I can bring the pasta salad I made last year. And I'll be caging it, so if anyone needs some stuff taken, let me know. I can also bring my big cooler so we'll have extra room for beer. Hopefully I won't have to go get PBR for Dave and I like last year ;)

Keyser Soze
Thu May 18th, 2006, 02:57 PM
If ya do get PBR...get teh tall boys...screw those lil 12 oz.'ers

Sully
Thu May 18th, 2006, 03:00 PM
ooooooh.... maybe I can bring a watermelon instead ???? :yumyum:

Is there anyone in A-town driving.... that would offer to bring my goodies?? :oops:

rforsythe
Thu May 18th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I don't think there will be any beer quantity issues, based on what I know about what's being supplied... Bring a cooler, but I doubt you will need it unless you want something other than the "house variety" of Summerbright Ale. ;)

FZRACE97
Thu May 18th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm there for sure.

I'll bring some veggies and dip or something.

~Barn~
Thu May 18th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Aw crap! I'm gonna get my arse kicked! :cry:

Somebody make sure and bring a video camera so we have something for Pics & Vids.

:lol:

mclarke
Fri May 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I got my vid cam and my digi ill bring. Looks like ill bring some soda, maybe some bottled water, maybe some macaroni salad! hmmm good idea matt..

rlarsen
Fri May 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I've got a fancy-schmancy HD camcorder the wife bought me for Christmas so I can bring that too.

I'll bring a tray of meat or something. Mmmm...meat.

Nick_Ninja
Fri May 19th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I've got a fancy-schmancy HD camcorder the wife bought me for Christmas so I can bring that too.

I'll bring a tray of meat or something. Mmmm...meat.

I didn't know that Harley Davidson made fancy-schmancy camcorders. I bet it has lots-o-chrome accessories :D

rybo
Fri May 19th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, but if you leave it sit too long all the images leak out of it.

rforsythe
Fri May 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
:spit:

Probably the only camcorder that can vibrate itself apart, too.

~Barn~
Fri May 19th, 2006, 01:27 PM
:no:

:lol:

rlarsen
Fri May 19th, 2006, 01:41 PM
The camcorder only cost $300, but all the accessories were $19,000. :D

I think you guys will like the tassles I have on the grip.

pg_rider
Fri May 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I've got a fancy-schmancy HD camcorder
SWEET! Can't wait to get one; I think there's a Sanyo out now that's priced arond $750. HD RULES!

Mel
Fri May 19th, 2006, 04:04 PM
:yay: Cant wait!

You betta be bringing that yummy brazillian drink with you :D

Derek
Sat May 20th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'd definitely like to come if I am not flying out for work that day. Been here for a few months now and haven't met many of you guys. I suppose I can follow the girl with the watermelon bungeed to her scooter :P

Chanda
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 07:04 PM
I know I haven't been around for a while but, its been kinda hard with being pregnant and have a premie baby.. But I'll be there with my 2 kids...

I can bring stuffed mushrooms, guachamole dip and some chips..

I live in Greeley so I am going to pass a bunch of cities so if anyone needs me to take some food down I can..

Brizz
Tue May 23rd, 2006, 06:36 AM
DAMN DAMN DAMN! Im gonna miss another one of these great events!...

~Brizz sends regards!~

TONI
Tue May 23rd, 2006, 10:48 AM
Well I'll try and make an apperance, I'll have family in town that weekend so we will come by for a quick hello since I haven't been around in a few months.

freezincold
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:05 PM
Dang! I'd sure like to go to this, but I'll be away until the 31st of July...

rforsythe
Tue Jun 6th, 2006, 05:01 PM
List updated!

Rybo and spidey, please get together on the burger thing, I don't know who's buying what other than you both stepped up, and we don't need 300 burgers. :lol:

Suki
Tue Jun 6th, 2006, 10:50 PM
looks like a 98% chance we'll be caging, off of parker and bellview so whoever needs us to bring some food, pm me or friscokidd!

rybo
Tue Jun 6th, 2006, 11:53 PM
10-4

Spidey, I see you have several other things on your list, so I gots the boigers and the buns. I'll see to it that there is enough for everyone!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Scott

p.s. it is possible (likely) I'll be caging it from up north here in Milliken if someone from Ft fun or Loveland needs stuff delivered I can bring it along.

Spiderman
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 06:53 AM
:up:

Devaclis
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 11:36 AM
We will bring some cold treats. Just need to find a way to get it down there from HR

Mel
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Dana get in touch with us on like Saturday...someone will be caging it from my location (probably like my parents) with the kiddo so that we can ride.

konichd
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I guess I'll have to make my appearance for the ladies sake! ;)

Is anyone bringing cups, plates, sporks, etc.? Let me know Ralph and I can pick those up or I'll be hittin' up the Deli for some macoroni salad! :lol:

Spiderman
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Is anyone bringing cups, plates, sporks, etc.?I was going to pick those up at Costco on Saturday, but if you want to take care of that, then by all means (just let me know). 8)

rforsythe
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 04:13 PM
We need beer cups!

konichd
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Is anyone bringing cups, plates, sporks, etc.?I was going to pick those up at Costco on Saturday, but if you want to take care of that, then by all means (just let me know). 8)

I can pick those up as my contribution. How many plates, cups, sporks, do we need? 200ct of each?

~Barn~
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
We need beer cups!

I say if you wanna drink keg beer, then just bring your own glass. No wasted beers due to misplaced cups, less trash, blah-blah..

:trys to be an ecological drinker:

Spiderman
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
How many plates, cups, sporks, do we need? 200ct of each?
That should work. Thanks! :up:

konichd
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM
How many plates, cups, sporks, do we need? 200ct of each?
That should work. Thanks! :up:

No problem! 200 count it is then Bob. :D

Butterfly
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 07:55 PM
What else you guys still need? Else we'll bring a side dish and dessert :)

rlarsen
Wed Jun 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I really freaking want to ride to the picnic this weekend, but it's kind of hard to carry a meat tray on a sportbike.

Can any cagers help me out? I'm in Thornton.

If you need a reason to have sympathy, I haven't been able to ride all week during this awesome weather because I got jury duty on a murder trial (that's probably going to take 2-3 weeks). :banghead:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 8th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I really freaking want to ride to the picnic this weekend, but it's kind of hard to carry a meat tray on a sportbike.

Can any cagers help me out? I'm in Thornton.

If you need a reason to have sympathy, I haven't been able to ride all week during this awesome weather because I got jury duty on a murder trial (that's probably going to take 2-3 weeks). :banghead:

It's murder not being able to ride this time of year. I say GUILTY as charged.

FZRguy
Thu Jun 8th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I’ll be cagin’ it from downtown Littleton area. Can someone bring some nametags and felt pens?

Jason ON
Thu Jun 8th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I seem to be missing all the events. I'm going camping this weekend, but should I come back early (which is likely) I'll try and show.

Canuck
Thu Jun 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I updated the list Ralphy, and put me and Erin down for making Cookies.

Sully
Fri Jun 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Trying to throw Erin's name in there so you don't sound so :gay: Canuck ? :lol:

Vance
Fri Jun 9th, 2006, 09:24 AM
If I can make it I'll be caging it with the sprogs in tow.
I'll bring something - and the camera of course.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jun 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hmmm, seems like you've got the food covered. How 'bout I bring a bottle of some good bourbon and some disposable shot glasses in case anyone wants to do shots?

~Barn~
Fri Jun 9th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Mmm.... Makers Mark.

I picked the wrong picnic to quit drinking. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jun 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Mmm.... Makers Mark.

Naaah, never really cared for it. Maybe 101 Turkey, or Knob Creek.

You don't drink any more? 'Course, you probably don't drink any LESS either! :lol:

rlarsen
Sat Jun 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
It's not looking good for me getting a meat tray down there...

Any suggestions on something I could throw in my backpack?

rybo
Sat Jun 10th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I'll be heading down 25 from up north if you want to meet up somewhere. I'll probably start heading that way about 9 AM as I have some errends to run before heading to the picnic. Count on me coming past the thornton area about 9:30-9:40.

I'll check the board in the AM to see if you need my assistance.

I'm supposing you'd rather not carry a propane tank on the bike either....

OK see you tomorrow one way or another.

Scott

Feathered upstart!
Sat Jun 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Mmm.... Makers Mark.

Naaah, never really cared for it. Maybe 101 Turkey, or Knob Creek.

You don't drink any more? 'Course, you probably don't drink any LESS either! :lol:

Why am I not suprised that a Suzuki rider would like to put a Knob in his mouth? :shock: :P :lol:

Duc'nnit
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Hmmm, seems like you've got the food covered. How 'bout I bring a bottle of some good bourbon and some disposable shot glasses in case anyone wants to do shots?

Hmmm, Bourbon....... :devious:

eggs and cookies coming up, I can slip some bourbon as well....... 8) We will be caging it from Highlands Ranch.

Bueller
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 08:00 AM
There should be sport bikes there as well, and when the proper amounts of alcohol have been consumed let there be races........Good times! :lol:

[/sarcasm]

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Hmmm, Bourbon....... :devious:

eggs and cookies coming up, I can slip some bourbon as well....... 8) We will be caging it from Highlands Ranch.

Sorry guys, last minute thing (dinner with a cute redhead :D ), can't make it.

Sorry to you too Skittles, you'll just have to wait to get some of my Knob (Creek).... :lol: :D

Hope y'all have fun.

Devaclis
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Awesome time guys. Good to see you all again

~Barn~
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I'm with Dana. Hope everybody had as good a time as I did. It was nice to meet everybody that I hadn't before.
:up:

Butterfly
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Lots of fun!! Nice to see everybody :up:

Now I'm heading back to bed :sleeping:

Mel
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 06:53 PM
It was great to see/chat with those of you whom I chatted with. Unfortunately I don't think I met any of you new people really, I was kinda in my own little world (as usual) today.

King Nothing
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
i liked the part where there were lots of bikes in the parking lot.

rybo
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Awesome day guys, good to see those of you I already knew and meet some of you that I didn't.

Scott

Bertha
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 10:40 PM
was good! too bad I think the only thing I wanted to do is sleep and puke.

CBRSue
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Hey Beotch, great seeing you today! And nice meeting your cutie-pie daughter! You brought up being in your "own little world" again... heck I've only noticed you being super nice and sociable so far!

rlarsen
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Good to see all you guys and hopefully put more names with faces (I'll still forget until I see you again, I'm horrid with names).

Mel
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I've only noticed you being super nice and sociable so far!

SSSHHHH, You are going to ruin my reputation! :lol:
You gotta post up the pics that you took (and send me that one of mini me and I if it came out cute...I usually look like a dork in pics).

rforsythe
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 09:15 AM
...and with only one hospital visit, we're right on quota for a CSC BBQ... :lol:

~Barn~
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I take it that was Siate? What's the scoop?

Sully
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Good Times :up:... Thanks to those who sponsored this event... and to Ralph to fondling my melons... :lol:...

Spiderman
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I take it that was Siate?
:yes:

I heard it was a scooter handlebar to the gut, and possibly a minor concussion. :| Any update on his condition?

rforsythe
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 09:38 AM
From what Frisco told me last night, the CT scan and X-ray came back good and his head was fine, but they were keeping him overnight for observation. When he left he was hurting but not serious, however his condition was such that a doctor really needed to make sure nothing was injured internally. Glad he's ok! :up:

Noah (the guy who played ambulance driver), hit up Frisco with your number - he things Siate's hat might still be in your car.

Spiderman
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the update, Ralph. Glad it wasn't worse. 8)

Spiderman
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Got pics from the BBQ?

Post them up in the gallery I just set up:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=20

Suki
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the concern and texts. Siate is doing fine, they were worried about a broken arm, concussion and damage to internal organs. after exrays and a catscan, no broken bone, no damage to the head and nothing to internal organs they wanted to play it safe and have him stay in the hospital overnight to make sure nothing developed in his internal organs over the next 24hrs, and finally at about 345 pm monday, the doc came in and did a final check and sent us on our way.

Thanks to everyone, ralph, noah and the pissed off puerto rican (hehe), sweety pie, dysco and others for helping and getting Siate to safety, i could not even begin to thank you or even repay you!

so now, tomorrow, tuesday we will be on a plane to hawaii and Siate will be in paradise, minus the boogie boards and any other activity that may put pressure or whatever on his belly!

thanks again to everyone and besides the scare and hospital visit, GREAT BBQ!!!! sorry we were late! hehe........... *cough* suki time*

RyGuy
Fri Jun 23rd, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'm new here, but count me in! Since I'll be riding in, I think I'll just bring two of those fridge packs of soda.... any preferences? I know some people don't worship Mountain Dew like me, so what should the other one be?

rybo
Fri Jun 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Hey RyGuy,

Sorry to bring you the news, but this event has come and gone. Sorry we missed you. Keep your eyes peeled for next year's event!

In the meantime watch for group rides and the such. Sunday AM at the Morrison Conoco is a typical meeting place.

Scott

RyGuy
Fri Jun 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I caught that and was going to delete it but alas, my slow computer here at work is well, slow. So what's this I hear about Jillians on Mondays? Is it Jillians over at CO. Mills (as that's the only one I know of in existance)... I wish I could have been at the bbq tho!

AshliRider44
Fri Jun 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Try going to Breckenridge Brewery downtown on Wednesday nights for bike night :)

Spiderman
Fri Jun 23rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
Jillians is in the Colorado Mills shopping center, but that whole deal fell apart last year and has been removed from the official schedule. There seems to have been a few threads about it still floating around so I'm trying to clean them up. As Ashli said, Brecks on Wednesday is still happening. 8)