PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Noob Ride! June 4th, meet 9AM

konichd
Mon May 15th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Well, I organized this last year and due to interest will be organizing this little event again.

When: Sunday June 4th (or open to alternate dates)
Where: Morrison Conoco off C-470
Time: Be there by 9am, leave by 9:30am sharp

Last year the artist formally known as Green12 (now known as JOE!!!!) volunteered to lead us through the canyons and show us some excellent routes for riding. So once again this year I'm asking for a fearless leader to step forward to lead this, any takers? Also would be nice if someone would play "sweeper" like Lomax did last year?

Also make sure you have all your gear! Helmets, gloves, jacket, boots at least, race suit if you have it.

I will be starting a list so either post up or PM me if your intersted. Also let me know if your interested in being a fearless leader or a sweeper!

This will be a fairly "easy" ride so don't be afraid to sign up. This is mainly a learning experiece and to meet other people in the CSC. We will decide on the route that morning to take into account road conditions, etc.

So who's goin?

1. Fearless Leader= Ralph
2. Konichd
3.Duc'nnit
4. Suki(?)
5. rlarsen
6. Beotch (?)
7. Dick(head) (?)
8. McVaaahhh
9. Nick Ninja
10. Flip
11. Halloween Jack
12. TurboGiz (?)
13. Bat (?)
14. SS929
15. SXSMITH
16. KEN
17. Zenlike
18. FZR Guy
19. Dapper (play nice, don't throw ice!)
20. Sully
21. Zanos
22. Shadowmaven
23. Bigfoot
24. hrvstofsrrw
25. Sam38a1
26. Badhabbit
2X. Scott (sweepin')

Duc'nnit
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I will have to see as we get closer....leader or sweeper, it is all good. :) You might want to get this moved to the canyon carving section.

rforsythe
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I could lead or sweep if someone has a bike for me to ride (preferrably one Donna could ride pillion on semi-comfortably?)... I'm certainly down for an easy ride (i.e. no police intervention).

konichd
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I will have to see as we get closer....leader or sweeper, it is all good. :) You might want to get this moved to the canyon carving section.

Depending on the route we might not strickly be in the canyons. :D

Plus I'm here to rep for the South-Central Rida's :lol:

Duc'nnit
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:17 PM

Rep huh? I guess that means your throwing the party this year for us? ;)

rforsythe
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Oh, I'm moving it. ;)

konichd
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:23 PM

Of course, its called the CSC picnic! Sunday June 11th! :lol:

Duc'nnit
Mon May 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Of course, its called the CSC picnic! Sunday June 11th! :lol:

Hey Ralphy, looks like you got a rep, ummm, manbitch for the picnic :lol: :boom:

rybo
Mon May 15th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Ralph,

I can lend you a 1994 VFR for the ride. Donna should be plenty comfy on it. Corbin seat, sport touring tires etc. Not the prettiest bike in the garage, but certainly fully functional.

I can ride sweep that day.

Scott

rforsythe
Mon May 15th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Aight then! :up:

Duc'nnit
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
We usually have had a pretty good turnout the years that I have done this in the past. Two years ago, we wound up going to Mt Evans and having lunch in Idaho Springs. The first question is how long do peeps want to be out, since we are riding slower than usual. And, we will have peeps with us that usually dont ride with the other half.
The Mt Evans run as stated earlier is fun. Hwy 105 to Monument then over to 85 and back up to Parker is pleasant with a food break in the middle. Golden Gate through Nederland and down to Boulder for lunch is easy as well.
In the past, when the lunch is over the group usually breaks up and heads home different ways or speeds. As long as the leader knows what is going on with each bike all is good and fun. 8)

Suki
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:12 PM
put us down for a maybe, as long as we're not out riding the dirt toys i'd be down to do an easy noob ride!!!

* * WARNING * *
i'm freakin extremly slow, so there better be some other noob's going that are either just as slow or more slow than i am on the bikes, cause.. well that'll just suck. :D

konichd
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Last year after lunch we broke up into 2 groups: those that wanted to continue and those that split off to go home.

FYI Ralph: Please prepare a CSC rules speech as a little refresher before we head out! :lol:

Mel
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I might be in, it will all depend on the job situation, etc. at the time of the event.
If I get the $$ in the next few weeks, I will try to get the gix back up running the way I think it should, and I will see how Dick(head) is doing with the whole learning to ride thing, and if we can get a sitter, and maybe I will bring the newest of n00b's on the ride.
I am not a n00b, but on a new bike, and am not a fan of the police intervention, so I am perfectly happy with being a slow ass bitch.

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I wanna ride slow too :D

And I am also not a fan of police intervention :down:

McVaaahhh
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I'll probably make it, if just an excuse to ride. :up:

Flip
Mon May 15th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Put me on the list - toward the back please, I ride slow.

Flip

HalloweenJack
Mon May 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Put me down for the Noob ride. Its a good excuse to get out and run off the rest of my tyres.

TurboGizzmo
Mon May 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
:/ i would love to ride with some n00bies but getting from up here (loveland) to down there might be a little much for me and my n00bieness :|

Bueller
Mon May 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
June 4th is a MRA race weekend, if it ends up on another day I would get the SuperRetard out and ride slow, mostly. ;)

Bat
Mon May 15th, 2006, 04:43 PM
:D

Hey, is this the ride I went on last year when Lomax was sweeper and um..."Daytona" maybe (can't remember) lead me over to Morrison then his (wife's) bike died? And sweet, wonderful, awesome Lomax took such good care of me (thank you Marc!!)?? We went - um, yeah, I don't even know where we went except we were up in Central City at one point?? :lol: And no, it's not all about me but since I only saw the rest of y'all at stops, I am relating what I experienced...bwahahahahaha! :P :lol: Actually I had a great time. :)

If so - then I might be down for this...kinda depends on your route. I am already getting "southed" outta the proposed girl's ride so if you guys are swinging south as well...well fuggin' BLAH I say!!! ;)

SS929
Mon May 15th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I'd like to tag along. I'm kind of a noob to group riding so the more experiance the better.

rforsythe
Mon May 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I'd rather not go south, to be honest. I like dem mountains. ;)

Mista Black
Mon May 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
damn Ralph... if you wanna ride the Beemer just ask, man... :roll:

:lol:

dapper
Mon May 15th, 2006, 07:31 PM
:idea: Indicate me as "Tentative, maybe, perhaps".

If the fearless leader swings by Beu Joe's in Idaho Springs then you could change my indication to "possibly".
(Beotch already used might)

If there is a gathering of noobless riders that leave just before the noob group, indicate me as "uncertain, chance, possible presence".
:P

SXSMITH
Mon May 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, count me in for sure! I need to make this ride!!!

*KEN*
Mon May 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I went last year, can I still qualify as a Noob?? :? I can noob like nobody's business when I want to!

If so, add me to the list. I hope that we get to some of the less travelled/obscure roads though.

rybo
Mon May 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
:/ i would love to ride with some n00bies but getting from up here (loveland) to down there might be a little much for me and my n00bieness :|

Turbo,

I'll be riding down from Milliken, so I can meet up with you if you want for the ride down.

Scott

~Barn~
Mon May 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Fun ride last year, for sure. I think I was operating on 1 or 2 hours sleep that day. :lol:

Suki
Mon May 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
:D

Hey, is this the ride I went on last year when Lomax was sweeper and um..."Daytona" maybe (can't remember) lead me over to Morrison then his (wife's) bike died? And sweet, wonderful, awesome Lomax took such good care of me (thank you Marc!!)?? We went - um, yeah, I don't even know where we went except we were up in Central City at one point?? :lol: And no, it's not all about me but since I only saw the rest of y'all at stops, I am relating what I experienced...bwahahahahaha! :P :lol: Actually I had a great time. :)

If so - then I might be down for this...kinda depends on your route. I am already getting "southed" outta the proposed girl's ride so if you guys are swinging south as well...well fuggin' BLAH I say!!! ;)

but it's warmer down south!!! :lol:
depending on the route, if it heads north i'm sure we can work a north-central meeting spot into the route... eh, but i'm not the planner so don't rely totally on what i say.. even though i am a woman and totally right all the time! :D :lol:

Zenlike
Mon May 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I've only been riding for about a week right now; is this ride going to be easy enough for an extreme noob like myself?

rybo
Mon May 15th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I've only been riding for about a week right now; is this ride going to be easy enough for an extreme noob like myself?

Zen,

My understanding of this ride is that it's designed EXACTLY for you. There will be several experienced folks around to give tips and lead the way through some of our favorite rides, but really its about being on a motorcycle and having fun with like-minded people. The idea of this ride is that no one will be left behind.

Looking forward to meeting you

Scott

FZRguy
Tue May 16th, 2006, 02:04 AM
I might come out to play if I don’t have to work.

Sully
Tue May 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I'm a n00b... count me in suckas ! :bananna:

Suki
Tue May 16th, 2006, 10:00 AM
alright, i've inked it into my calendar, mmm sully's ass all the way up and down the mountain, cannot resist a day of that view!!! :D

hrvstofsrrw
Tue May 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
good chance ill be there and i can lead as well if you guys want i have a few good less traveled roads in mind. Kinda depends on how long we want the ride to be.

bigfoot
Tue May 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
If there's still room, put me down for the ride. Preferably at the back, as I'm not that fast. Yet.

TurboGizzmo
Tue May 16th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Turbo,

I'll be riding down from Milliken, so I can meet up with you if you want for the ride down.

Scott

Well what i hope is maybe it will head up this way and i can meet up with the group, I am still a puss to make a ride down to denver, dont even like doing it in the car...

Shadowmaven
Tue May 16th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm hoping to make this ride.

Zanos
Tue May 16th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Im noob. Noob for life! I will be there.

McVaaahhh
Wed May 17th, 2006, 08:11 AM

Turbo,

Scott

Well what i hope is maybe it will head up this way and i can meet up with the group, I am still a puss to make a ride down to denver, dont even like doing it in the car...

Gizz man, that ride is easy, I went to school in Ft. Fun and used to ride down to denver all the time. Just crank it up around 90 and you'll be here in under an hour. :D

Bat
Thu May 18th, 2006, 11:31 AM
General route??? No need for details for obvious reasons...

I'm just trying to help out the northern newbs that might want to join in but may feel this is over their head based on the length of the round trip (keep in mind, the ride down to Morrison may be their longest trip to date - noobs being the key word here).

Personally, I had a blast last year (although I did have to stop on the way home to massage some feeling back into my throttle hand, lol :lol: ).

rlarsen
Thu May 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty noob-tastic, and incredibly over-biked. I'd love to come and get a feel for laying this thing over at a slow pace. :oops:

I've been to Morrison many times (used to live right by Bandimere), but I'm not recalling the Conoco, where is it exactly? Thanks.

McVaaahhh
Thu May 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty noob-tastic, and incredibly over-biked. I'd love to come and get a feel for laying this thing over at a slow pace. :oops:

I've been to Morrison many times (used to live right by Bandimere), but I'm not recalling the Conoco, where is it exactly? Thanks.

northwest corner of C470 and morrison rd

rforsythe
Thu May 18th, 2006, 12:43 PM
The Conoco is about a block west of C-470, as you get off at the Morrisson exit. There isn't anything else there, so you can't miss it.

As for a general route, I don't know really, we may not know until we get there and gauge the group's idea of what "long" is. I'd personally kinda like to head up to evergreen and go from there, but we will see.

I may or may not be in the whole day, depends on my back. Something is definitely not right, so I'm making a Dr appt to see what he says. I will either be fine two-up on the viffer, or be hating life in an hour. I don't mind helping with route selection, rider assesment and of course the pre-ride speech, but would actually not mind playing sweeper just for that reason.

Suki
Thu May 18th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Alright, well alan has plans that day so he will not be making the trip, and i might only be in for half or not at all, i'll post up once it gets closer.

Sully
Fri May 19th, 2006, 12:20 PM
We don't care about Fritoto... just get your n00b ass there! :D

ok...maybe we care a little... :P

Suki
Fri May 19th, 2006, 12:27 PM
haha, well he is helping his company with moving to the other office that weekend so either i might go and help too or just say fauck it i'm not on their payroll :lol:

doooo ya wanna riiiiiiide in the backseat babaaaaay???? boom chica boom boom, I NEED SOME BASS UP IN THIS MUTHA!

Badhabit
Tue May 23rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
I'll be there and I'll bring my tard too! I've been riding for 9 years but I'm a noob to group riding. Please add me to the list towards the back and I'll move up the train if necessary. I'm looking forward to seeing how my KTM stacks up next to all of the sportbikes.

Jason ON
Wed May 24th, 2006, 10:58 PM
9 am?!? Are you kidding? Oh my gods, that's early! I'l try and make it, but that's usually the time I'm in the middle of my Cherrios.

rforsythe
Thu May 25th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I'll be there and I'll bring my tard too! I've been riding for 9 years but I'm a noob to group riding. Please add me to the list towards the back and I'll move up the train if necessary. I'm looking forward to seeing how my KTM stacks up next to all of the sportbikes.

While that's fine, please understand that this ride isn't to see how fast you can go compared to the sportbikes. We will be taking it easy and enjoying the scenery, not going balls out up the canyons.

Badhabit
Thu May 25th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Absolutely! I'm not looking for a race. I'm new to the motard bikes after having been on sportbikes for years, and I just feel faster in the twisties on the KTM, but it feels faster at all speeds since its a slower bike in both acceleration and top speeds. Mostly I want to see if the two types of bikes are compatible for group riding as its really hard to get a group of motards together as opposed to sportbikes. Thats why I'm interested in the Noob ride since I know I won't be holding anyone up. If it all works out, I'd like to come on other rides as well! :angel:

Nick_Ninja
Thu May 25th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Suggested Reading For N00bs and others:

[web:d79a769d62]http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/ThePace.html[/web:d79a769d62]

rforsythe
Thu May 25th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Your KTM will do just fine. :up:

Good call on The Pace Jeff, we'll cover some of that as well as the standard rules before we take off. Everyone please please show up on time so you don't miss something important.

VryfastRR
Thu May 25th, 2006, 02:10 PM
count me in

bandido
Thu May 25th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Count me in

thanks

SS929
Mon May 29th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Could you post up a map of the meeting place, because... hehe well I can't find it :P

rforsythe
Mon May 29th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I dunno about a map, maybe someone else can find one, but getting there is reeeeally easy:

Take C-470 to the Morrisson exit. Go west about a block and the Conoco is right there.

denverbusa
Tue May 30th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Morrison road is the only exit between I-70 and 285 on C-470. It is the Bandimere speedway and Red Rocks exit.

The Conoco is just on the west side of the freeway.

Sound like there is going to be a great turn out and since we don't want to wear out our welcome by taking up too many parking spaces there is an open area just to the South and West right off of the Conoco parking lot.

Looking forward to the ride.

Mark

haywood jablome
Tue May 30th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Ill be comming down from Boulder, off of 119 if anyone wants to meet let me know. Chad

SS929
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
I'll be coming up from the springs so if anyone is heading out from here we should get together. That would be mostly so I don't get lost alone! :oops:

rybo
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:28 PM
That's the spot!

Hi all,

Site's been down a few days and I've had some issues that I need to post up about.

1. I broke the chain on the Viffer. That screws Ralph, who was going to borrow it. Anyone who can help out with a reasonably comfortable 2 up ride for him would be fantastic for posting up and making it happen. I tried to get it sorted out, but just ran out of time (and the right parts) to get it back up and running.

2. I thought I was going to be done with it by now, but it turns out I'm not. I'm finishing up my Masters degree Thesis this weekend and I want to go on this ride but I'm running out of time.

SOOOO....Now that I've completely screwed the noob ride...come to the picnic next week and give me hell about it.

Anyways glad to see the site back up and running.

Scott

Bat
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
I'm out too. :(

Just found out that I'm getting laid off next week so my head is pretty fugged up (not good for long rides/focus). Add to that, some unrelated family trauma which means I need to stay close to the home front tomorrow.

On the plus side - Sully is prob the only one who will notice (sorry, Sully girl - let's retry at a later date) as I wasn't contributing anything more than my relative noobness and tiny lil bike. ;) :oops:

Hope y'all get things worked out and have a great ride - glad you were able to get the site back up beforehand.

-PUCK-
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
SS929 - Looks like I will be meeting with someone in the morning to head up there for the ride. If you'd like, show up at my house by 7:30 to head out with us. I'm near Dublin & Powers.....
492-0261.
Mark

blah
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Hey, I'm a noob. I'll be there.

-Keith
sv650

VryfastRR
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
anyone coming up from springs/castle rock thats wants to convoy? maybe meet at castle pines pkwy and I-25

Nick_Ninja
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Ill be comming down from Boulder, off of 119 if anyone wants to meet let me know. Chad

You have a PM.

rlarsen
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Glad this is still on, I was getting worried when the site went down for a few days.

Looks like there'll still be a good turnout?

I'll try to be there at 9:00 or a little after.

MisterAl
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
Count me in...I'm a Noob...so I don't mind going a little slow at least for the first time out...Can't wait to meet you all tommorrow.

VryfastRR
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
anyone coming up from the south (springs, castle rock) can meet up and convoy. Meet at the conoco at Castle Pines pkwy and I-25 at 8:15-8:30

Mel
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
So, uhhh, what's the plan food wise tomorrow? You know I eat like constantly :lol:

Also, is anyone planning to bring a camera to document this event?
BTW, Ralph (our fearless leader) from reading back through, it is looking like this group is gonna be well balances between n00bs and experienced riders...are we gonna split off into smaller groups so as not to pack all the n00bs together? pairing off in 2's or 3's or somehting like that might give some who view themselves as n00bs a little one on one instruction/pointers (if anyone so desires).

King Nothing
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
Everyone...........Just ride safe. :)

Hamzeh
Sat Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:54 PM
I wish I could be there tomorrow, I live in Longmont and my mid upper back really hurts coz I pulled some muscles there a couple of days ago I think the ride just to get to Morrison will kill me. That and the fact that my bike needs new tires really bad so it might not be that good of an idea to go on a long ride in the mountains with it.

I hope everyone has fun and hopefully I will get to meet other people some other time. Good luck and be safe!

-PUCK-
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 12:41 AM
anyone coming up from the south (springs, castle rock) can meet up and convoy. Meet at the conoco at Castle Pines pkwy and I-25 at 8:15-8:30
A couple of us are coming up in the morn, should be in Castle Rock around that time. I am not sure where Castle Pines Pkwy is, but i'm assuming it's the exit near the Factory shops? If so we will try to swing through there.

rforsythe
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Mel - we'll work that out at Conoco. Need to see how many people show up first.

rybo
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I hope everyone had a good time and a safe ride. I'm very sorry that I couldn't make it.

See you next week at the picnic!

Scott

hrvstofsrrw
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Let me be the first to say the ride went quite well. At least in my humble noob opinion. It was nice getting to ride with and meet alot of the people. Sorry if I held anyone up as I'm sure as hell my bike was the slowest one of the group.

rlarsen
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Great ride today guys, looking forward to flogging the bike some more with everyone in the future.

-Ryan

Mel
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Twas a good ride today, I hope all enjoyed themselves, and aside from the minor incidents, hope that everyone made it home alright.
Sorry I didn't get to meet a lot of you, and hope that we will see a lot of you at the picnic.

rforsythe
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Great ride today! I don't know of which minor incidents Mel speaks, other than the one guy having a flash of brilliance and blowing past a bunch of us right in time for the State Patrol to see it... :lol:

Thanks to Jeff for the use of the bike as well! Gay jokes aside, it really isn't a bad bike to bump around on.

Mel
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I would be speaking of the State Patrol incident, and there was a guy who kinda like fell over in some gravel turning into a parking lot.

rlarsen
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I guess you could call me accidentally catching the double yellow coming down Loveland pass and nearly lowsiding off a cliff like a flying squid an "incident." :shock:

rforsythe
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Nah, unless you talk to the cops or touch asphalt in a less than enjoyable fashion, it isn't an incident - it's just good clean fun.

rlarsen
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Haha, good point. I did just about need a clean pair, though...

Also, was it just me or was there an SUV that was moving into the oncoming lane to prevent us from passing when we were on the way to Safeway? What a jerk. I can understand not pulling over the side to let us by (which I really appreciate), but actually blocking and possibly causing a serious problem?

rforsythe
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I dunno, there was one guy who thought he had more room than he did when one of the right lanes ended, almost put a couple people into the barricades... He about locked 'em up and stopped in the median after getting flipped off.

bandido
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Great ride, great people and great weather.

Thanks everyone.

Mel
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Sue: did you end up getting home ok? I am sorry, traffic backed up on I70 and I went passed all you guys and just kinda kept going. I saw Sully again, but I never did see you come back by me. Everyone else from my "group" ok? The return trip didn't have much "leadership" it was more of a "get yourself home" situation.

Shadowmaven
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I would be that guy who laid my bike down. Damn gravel in the road.

Mel
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 07:59 PM
You ok? What's the damage toll on the bike?

Shadowmaven
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah I'm fine I was only doing 2 or 3 miles an hour. The bike just slide out from under me. As far as the bike itself it just has some fresh battle wounds but it's fine. I might leave them there to remind me to watch how much I lean into a turn with gravel in the way.

Mel
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Get yourself some good frame sliders....I went down pretty fast at the track last summer and didn't even have a scratch on the plastics or tank.

Shadowmaven
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I got some they save me from taking more damage but I sure there are better ones out there.

jesters636
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Had a great time on the ride today, other than one of our group getting a $126 ticket for 20mph over.

SS929
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I think they're just following him around or something! Look at how many we ran into :P

-PUCK-
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Good times today people. Nice easy pace with everyone today. Glad there was nothing major as far as accidents to today. (dealing with State Patrol shadowing us on hwy 24 coming back sucked ass though :x ) As for the ticket handed out to gixxer boy....just another representing for the Springs fellas I guess! :lol: :rock:

Nick_Ninja
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Glad all made the trip safely :up: No Tickets! --- No Crashes! ------ well both were minor considering: --- the distance -- the group ---- and the LEO that musta had a problem with 40+ bikes tooling down the road :twisted:

Keep the shiny side UP :up:

Oh --- and KUDOS to:

Mel
Ralph
Henry

...... for always being there as to the route and keeping the crew together. I'll run point -- now and then ---- but what goes on outside of my rear-views always bothers me. Well Done :up:

rlarsen
Sun Jun 4th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I think I was sort of in that I-70 "group". It was sort of disjointed. :) I was just trying to get home as fast as possible, my ass was killing me. The seat on the freaking K5/K6 gixxer's is brutal. And I know it's got to be bad, because I've ridden over 100 miles offroad on a skinny mountain bike seat and it didn't hurt as bad as that highway trip back home.

With only 1,500 miles on the gix, that was the longest time I'd spent in the seat to date. I think the gel seat is on the must-purchase list. :D

McVaaahhh
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Great ride! Coulda used more twisties instead of highways, but overall it was a lot of fun.

Gotta meet some new people and watch gixxers get busted. :lol:

I think there was a grand total of about 5 of us that made it back to the Morrison Conoco, where'd everyone else go? Just home or what?

konichd
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Had an excellent time and the turnout was "temendous" :lol:

There had to be over 50 bikes? Anyone get a solid count?

Thanks to everyone who stepped up to "lead" the various groups: Nick, Ralph, Mel, etc.

Perhaps I need to organize another ride the end of July/begining of August so some of the MRA guys can join? Perhaps an impromtu "Canyon Carving School?"

Great day!

mclarke
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Hey im up for the next one.. I kinda had to not goto this one due to some drunken mishaps from the night before (gave myself a concussion, yay)

BBQ next weekend!

Suki
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Another one for a great ride! Sorry Cat and i had to bail out early but we had to get back and i have a wicked sore ass along with a ridiculously bad sunburn!

Aside from one close, errr scratch that, two close calls (sorry i scared you Cat!) i had a great time and might be out there for the next one! Suprisingly the target fixation issue is improving, but taking wide turns and trying to pass is umm something i need some work on!

Good times! thanks to the group leaders and for DK for putting it together and others involved in making it such a great turn out!

Sully
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Good times everyone :up:....

Thanks to Konichd for setting this up... and to our ride leaders and sweepers... good job peeps ! :applause: It was great to see some n00bs from the Springs too... thanks for bringing 'em up Puck 8)

OMG... classic seeing the cop driving around Morrison on the way back with Mcvaaahhh... did you see him stop and do the turn? :lol:... I thought I was soooooo busted ! :shock:... :lol:....

Good thing I wear leathers... it protects me when I fall UP the damn stairs.... :no:.... :cry:.... :lol:...

McVaaahhh
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I thought he was gonna get both of us, must've just been too lazy or something. :D

Sully
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I thought about that afterwards.. but what could he get us on ?? :dunno:.... a loud pipe ? Not like he was holding onto his radar gun.... :lol:

Mel
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 12:44 PM
we were supposed to go back to the Morrison Conoco? Damn, I rode right by there and headed home! :lol: figures, so one gave me the memo.
Suki, what are these mishaps of which you speak and why was I not informed?
Matt....even if there isn't another n00b style ride, I would be down for just a smallish (6 or so) headed up a canyon...it is much more manageable in smaller groups.

rforsythe
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Beats me Mel, I thought it was "once you get to I-70, go home" too. I got off on 6th though and cut down Clear Creek for a slight detour. Somehow I hooked back up with a couple of you at I-70/470 though, so I dunno if I-70 just sucked or you stopped.

Cat118!
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
yeah thanks for the great ride ya'll. It was a great 1st time riding in the mnts, was comfortable with all ...Sorry had to bail out early..plus I don't think my butt it use to that kind of a ride yet ;)
And Suki!!! GRRRRR Remember your new rule of thumb!!!

Suki
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Suki, what are these mishaps of which you speak and why was I not informed?

1. Went too wide on one turn and crossed the yellow's, scared the kitty litter outta Cat.

2. Tried to pass a truck, thought i had enough road and power to pass but ran out of road, and the fzr didn't have the power = one hair away from becoming, as ralph said, a hood ornament. luckily oncoming truck pulled over a bit to the shoulder and i'm thinking the truck i was trying to pass slowed down a bit cause i had the fzr maxed out.

so, new rule of thumb, per Cat, only pass if bikes behind me can pass too... i think.. huh? :lol:

Cat118!
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 02:55 PM
even if there are no bikes you predetermine how much room is needed for 5 bikes to pass, if there is enough room for ALL 5 BIKES to pass..... then you can go.

The New Suki Rule

Wanna keep Ms. Suki around :puppy:

Suki
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 03:05 PM
lol, gotcha, either way you and the other girls/riders and i are going to get me some more saddle time this summer!

I'll even wear my boots if Aireed is going, i dont need him reprimanding me for those either!! :lol:

McVaaahhh
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I thought about that afterwards.. but what could he get us on ?? :dunno:.... a loud pipe ? Not like he was holding onto his radar gun.... :lol:

I think he was holding something else and that's why he didn't get ya. :lol:

FZRguy
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 03:45 PM
...and the fzr didn't have the power.

It has plenty of power to pass at 9000+ RPM...just downshift and WFO. ;)

Great ride everyone! I think this ride has become an annual club event.

Suki
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM
...and the fzr didn't have the power.

It has plenty of power to pass at 9000+ RPM...just downshift and WFO. ;)

Great ride everyone! I think this ride has become an annual club event.

I did! :cry:
i downshifted to 3rd, and it was right at about 7k, opened up to just about 9k and that got me side by side with the truck i was passing, then shifted and gave it more gas.

i need more practice, Alan said he'd take me on the back of the R1 one day to show me how to go through the gears and the whole powerband thingy, then out on my bike.

I just need this burn to heal before i get on any bike! ouch!

mclarke
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 04:26 PM
mel i would be up for a good ride with a couple more people. Get some serious carving in!

Now that my bike will have offical plates (tommorow) I can venture out more.

dapper
Mon Jun 5th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Yeppers!

The ride was entertaining.
After the refueling in Idaho Springs, took on Squaw Pass then back down to C-470. :D

Fun times!
:cheers:

Sully
Tue Jun 6th, 2006, 12:19 PM

I think he was holding something else and that's why he didn't get ya. :lol:

Yeah.. that seems to always be the case.... :lol:..

CBRSue
Tue Jun 6th, 2006, 11:30 PM
What a great first ride with the group!
Konichd, thanks so much for setting it up!
Beotch and Sully, it was nice hanging out with you two and the guys at our table over lunch.
mclarke, we missed you!!! Read about your concussion, bummer, dude. And Beotch, all was good after we all kinda split off on I-70, was cruisin' along with Konichd and made it home OK... thanks for askin'.
Lookin' forward to the next one,
Susan

CBRSue
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Hello All,

I posted a few pictures I took the day of the Noob Ride. Please share your pictures, too, K? :)

Here's the link to the Noob Ride Photo Gallery:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=21