PDA

View Full Version : Best local track...???

R1-Tek
Tue May 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
New to Aurora, CO......

I see from the site that there are 3-4 tracks in the state: Pueblo, Bandimere, La Junta, etc.

Which tracks are the best? And which one's are the closest? I've already got some info on the Pueblo track, but not the others.

pg_rider
Tue May 16th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I'm fairly new also, but have ridden Pueblo and La Junta back to back. Pueblo in my opinion is much more fun, and as a bonus it's an hour closer. Only pro to La Junta is price -- $25 for all day! Pueblo is typically $75. Never heard of Bandimere....

Where'd you move from?

ebazyl
Tue May 16th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I'm fairly new also, but have ridden Pueblo and La Junta back to back. Pueblo in my opinion is much more fun, and as a bonus it's an hour closer. Only pro to La Junta is price -- $25 for all day! Pueblo is typically $75. Never heard of Bandimere....

Where'd you move from?

Bandimere is a drag strip

Jenny
Tue May 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
they have a go-kart track tho! My girl Corie that has an NSR50 says that it's like a MotoGP track when she's on that thing. :D

rforsythe
Tue May 16th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Pueblo and La Junta are the only two actual road courses here right now. IMI sorta counts, if you like staying in 2nd gear the whole time. My vote is Pueblo.

The Black Knight
Tue May 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Bandimere is just a drag strip, you wouldn't want to run it unless you are looking for 1/4 miles times..

There is actually IMI or Erie near Ft. Collins. Not sure what the prices are to run it. Your best bets are La Junta and PMI.

Both tracks have their pros and cons. I liked La Junta because of its high speed and it was a change from PMI. Its small though 1.5mile 7 turns. 6 right, 1 left. At least that's what its listed as.

PMI is 2.25 mile bigger track meaning more turns. 10 turns total, and a huge front straight. Both tracks are hard on the right side of the tire.

La Junta is $25 for all day, only about another hour further then PMI. Its well worth the drive.

PMI is $50 for half day, $75 for full. Only about 35-40 minutes away from leaving Colorado Springs. Not sure how long it would take you from Aurora.

I'd recommend hitting both of them. Great tracks, plus you get to run more then one track...

Lel
Tue May 16th, 2006, 10:10 PM
without question... pueblo.

But if your counting IMI in there, dont forget the new one... but I doubt bikes are even allowed.

www.thetrack.us

lel

freezincold
Tue May 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
The new track by the airport!...Supermoto here I come! Has anyone asked if bikes can run on it?