PDA

View Full Version : May 20 or 21 ride

Scruff Dog
Wed May 17th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Just checking to see if there is any interest for a ride this weekend. Weekend before last we did a spirited ride that was a lot of fun. Pretty much went up the hill like a wolf pack. I'd like to see a more `middle of the pack' group of riders in addition to the fast old guys.

towneh
Wed May 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM
sounds promising unless something pops up for BunBurner Gold planning...
Haya Henry

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 17th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I can go on the 21st

Scruff Dog
Wed May 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM
The 21st works best for me as well. Lets see what kind of response we get by Friday before making specific plans.

3/4gixxer
Thu May 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Love to but locked in this weekend at home. Wife's Bday. 29 again...

Nasti12
Thu May 18th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm more of a back of the pack rider, but I'll try and join you youngsters of Sunday. Sat. I'll be shoveling rock in the back yard :(

Nick_Ninja
Fri May 19th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Alright I'll step up on this one. Let's meet in Fort Fun on Sun AM @ 8AM for breakfast at the Silver Whatever there by the old hotel on the north side of town. (If you think this is cryptic than wait for the directions to follow).

Lets blow outta town to Wyoming and come back through Fox Park/ Woodslanding to Walden and back the Poudre.

Game

** This time it will be a RIDE not a social event. :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat May 20th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Wish I could go again, as I enjoyed riding with the fast adults last weekend, but I'm in Cleveland with my kids. Enjoy the ride, be safe, and I'll be with you next time!

Scruff Dog
Sat May 20th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm game. Are you talking about the Silver Grill on Walnut Street?

Nick_Ninja
Sat May 20th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm game. Are you talking about the Silver Grill on Walnut Street?

Yep. 8AM

Silver Grill Cafe
218 Walnut St, Fort Collins, CO
(970) 484-4656

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 07:43 AM
The ride was most excellent! :up: The Silver Grill came through with the heart stopper breakfast and the coffee put the buzz on.

Wyoming was outstanding. No wind. Need I say more?

Walden was nothing more than a gas stop and Cameron Pass was clean of debris.

The Poudre Canyon was mostly free of traffic but it didn't really matter as three of the four of us bailed at Stove Prairie Road and cranked it down to Masonville.

Steve --- thanks to you and your wife for the hospitality. Your digs are spectacular! :D

All-in-all a GREAT day of riding.

No Tickets --- No Crashes.

towneh
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 08:17 AM
Being the #4, I continued on 114 to Ft Collins, encountering modest traffic. nice ride. notickets,nocrashes

Scruff Dog
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 09:21 PM
Oh, yes in deed. That was a sweet ride. 2/3 of the day through some fabulous country. Nasti 12 along for the first time with the Fog group. That was quite the bike you were riding Jerry. How about filling up that nitrous bottle for at least one road trip this summer. I can just see a bunch of us old farts drag racing you with that set-up.

And Henry! What were you thinking. Breaking off from the pack and missing happy hour at my place, which was just 15 minutes down the road!

I have to admit, I was a bit concerned over you when I heard that a gray bike went down that afternoon in the Poudre. Glad that it wasn't you, but feel badly about who ever it was.

NN - Thanks for the compliment. I used to be a Landscape Architect in the old days. So I know how to dig. By the way... Good job on planning our route this last weekend. What do you think about doing a ride south for our next great adventure? I'm sure there are some grays willing to ride with us from down there. 8)

Scruff Dog
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Love to but locked in this weekend at home. Wife's Bday. 29 again...

Ahh... Married to a younger women. I see why you ride fast motorcycles now. We missed you this last weekend.

3/4gixxer
Tue May 23rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hehe...I missed riding with the FOGs. Next time I'm in. Sounds like it was a good one.