PDA

View Full Version : Broken bones at track

nileator01
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 12:38 PM
Curious to see how many people have broken something at the track, riding or racing. MX counts as well, as long as if it was at a track.

I have broken 2 bones at the track, racing.

Hoopty
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 12:39 PM
I broke alot of bike parts at the track, does that count? :D

nileator01
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that was going to be my next poll! :lol:

jrok929
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 12:42 PM
I wish i would have broken my ankle vs. tearing ligaments :D

*MV* #33
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 12:50 PM
PPIR Claimed My right Thumb last year.

MV

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 04:11 PM
If you have been associated with the MRA for any legnth of time you'd know this guy (CLICK ON THE PICTURES):

http://www.gcbj.com/images/kieffer197wide.jpg (http://www.gcbj.com/Physicians/?t=Dr._Kieffer)

http://www.gcbj.com/images/lefttop.gif (http://www.gcbj.com)

NineTwoFour
Wed Dec 31st, 2003, 05:35 PM
Dr Kieffer!!!!!!!

That guy is a fixture up in Laramie. He did the surgery on my dad's hand back in the 70's.

Good guy. :up:

The GECCO
Thu Jan 1st, 2004, 07:19 PM
I'm in the "more than 4" category (13, actually) but I also imagine I have done a lot more track miles than most people on this board, so that probably explains it. The more you race, the more you fall. The more you fall.... :shock:

Bryce
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:09 AM
yeah and Iv'e heard short guys are more likely to break stuff too :lol:

hcr25
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 07:17 PM
I am also in the more than 4 catagory! including both shoulders and coloar bone twice.I even fractured my wrist during the 2002 AMA national weekend without crashing!!
I usually just settle for a concussion in place of more broken bones.
If i crash it is either a fun little low side or a all out big as hell crash that should be on the TV show you gotta see this! :D
Mike HCR25

BigE
Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Well since I haven't gotten to play on a road course yet I didn't think I'd get to answer this but since you included MX, Nile, I get to :)
Broken bones = 0
Concussions = 3 including one that cracked the helmet about an 1 1/2".

Twisted pelvis/lower back= 1 that still keeps going out(10+yrs later) and I didn't even crash! Warning to all: Don't jump a TT600 trail bike like it's a KX500 the landing is pretty harsh! :P

And if I can include BMX (it's on a track ;) ) add one complete shoulder dislocation :)

Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
I wonder about this all the time...

Skateboards have helped me break my Tibia and Fibula twice, dislocate my shoulder a few times now, one concussion, countless sprains, made for lots of floating bone pieces in my elbows, etc.

Bicycles have sent me for stitches twice, and hurt me in non-hospital-worthy ways so many times it's just silly...

Snowboards wreck me pretty regularly.

Riding motorcycles on the street has been good for a bad back, mangled knee, lots of road rash, a severe concussion, and other stuff I've probably forgotten (see severe concussion).

Two years of Roadracing and countless track days have given me.....NOT ONE INJURY.

Guess what people tell me I shouldn't do because it's too dangerous?

Bryce
Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Two years of Roadracing and countless track days have given me.....NOT ONE INJURY.

Guess what people tell me I shouldn't do because it's too dangerous?

finially someone else who gets that shit from people too :lol:

surfinspacegirl
Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
:lol: I hear you...

Field hockey: broken nose, front teeth knocked out, twisted knee, multiple hand injuries
Swimming: lower back and neck disk and vertebra degeneration
Trampolining: see swimming above
High diving: see swimming above, plus you can't believe how badly you get winded when you land flat from a high board :lol:
Netball: multiple hand and wrist injuries
Horseback riding: multiple falls, a dislocated thumb
Ultimate Frisbee: assorted collision aches & pains
Broomball: no injuries
Water skiing: lower back issues
Rugby: lots of bruises, no injuries
Snowboarding: twisted ankle & knee, broken tailbone, concussion
Skiing: no inuries
Surfing: reef rash, bloody nose from board hit
Scuba diving: no injuries, but probably some weird brain effects from breathing nitrogen under pressure :lol:
Riding on street: no crashes, knee injury from deer strike
Dirtbiking: bruises and a foot I can't put any weight on right now :( :lol:

Motorcycle roadracing: 2 crashes, a few bruises, no injuries... :D

mra828
Sun Jan 4th, 2004, 09:40 PM
What's Broomball?

:?

geoff

Anonymous
Sun Jan 4th, 2004, 11:38 PM
So Hanna I see you're the "stay at home" type... :? :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 08:31 AM
mra828 wrote:

What's Broomball?

I wouldn't have thought ..............

http://www.broomball.com/images/logo.jpg

surfinspacegirl
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 08:31 AM
What's Broomball?

geoff

5-a side game played on an ice rink with a soft squishy ball and sticks with a small paddle on the end - in tennis shoes, preferably after at least 2 beers. Aim of the game is to score as many goals as possible into an ice-hockey-like goal. Killer entertainment for those on the sidelines - have you ever tried to run on ice in sneakers??? :lol:

There's a Sportsmonster league, we play Wed nights at Cherry Creek ice rink. *We* don't take it very seriously, although some teams turn up with special broomball shoes etc etc :roll: :lol:

surfinspacegirl
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 08:35 AM
So Hanna I see you're the "stay at home" type... :? :lol: :spit: Umm, yeah, that would be me.... ;) :lol:

Rick T.
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Frisbee:

You're scaring me.

My only broken bone: Broke right arm @ age of 4 falling off one of those plastic horses suspended by coil springs... I was wearing a cowboy hat and my double holsters... I remember the cast, but not the fall. My dad reminds me of that everytime I say I ride a motorcycle...

Several other notable injuries.
- Mountain Biking -- AC3 seperation (ligament tear to shoulder) -- hurt like a mutha...
- Snowboarding -- Torn ligament right knee
- Skateboarding -- Road rash to both arms and face

surfinspacegirl
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Frisbee:

You're scaring me.

:spit: The only "Ultimate" thing about it is the amount of beer that gets drunk after the game :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 12:08 PM
What's Broomball?

geoff
I know! I know! http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/Spidey/wavingCanadaFlag.gif

Played it once, a long, long, long time ago. It's basically hockey without skates. And instead of sticks & a puck, brooms & a ball (those "sticks with a small paddle on the end" are supposed to be brooms - or at least they used to be, even though the "paddle" is now made of plastic :D ).

Personally, if I have to be on the ice and I can't play hockey, I'd rather be curling - now there's a sport designed around drinking! :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM
So Hanna I see you're the "stay at home" type... :? :lol::spit: :lol:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 01:38 PM
...falling off one of those plastic horses suspended by coil springs... I was wearing a cowboy hat and my double holsters...

I'm sorry Rick, but...

:lol:

photochop to follow... :D

The GECCO
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 05:57 PM
...falling off one of those plastic horses suspended by coil springs... I was wearing a cowboy hat and my double holsters...

I'm sorry Rick, but...

Yeah, Rick, that's just beggin for it. You could pull out all my fingernails before I would admit that to THESE guys :shock:

Rick T.
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 06:38 PM

I'm sorry Rick, but...

Yeah, Rick, that's just beggin for it. You could pull out all my fingernails before I would admit that to THESE guys :shock:

:shock: God Noooooooo...

PS. I'm in shorts, hat was black... and I had those pointy cowboy boots on. :guns:

Anonymous
Mon Jan 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM
You're not helping your cause, rick...