PDA

View Full Version : Easily Offended Bible Thumpers Need Not Watch!!!

Vance
Sat May 20th, 2006, 05:50 PM
This is just plain funny IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kqqMXWEFs

BenDover
Sun May 21st, 2006, 10:37 AM
:pointlaugh: :spit: :lol:

That was funny.

"Samuel L. Jackson as the fiery bush" :lol: :lol:

I really don't see why anyone would be offended. :?

AirAssault
Sun May 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM
:lol: :spit: LOL, Now that was some funny sheit!!

http://www.911inplanesite.com/

R1chie
Sun May 21st, 2006, 05:10 PM
I really don't see why anyone would be offended. :?[/quote]

They probably wouldn't. Vance is just being sensitive to the easily offended Bible thumpers. :lol:

Vance
Sun May 21st, 2006, 05:44 PM
Well I know how [strike:c7cd6ce146]you[/strike:c7cd6ce146] those Focus on (Your Own Damn Family PLEASE) the Family people can be sometimes. Hypersenastive of the hypersensative when it comes to something that is outright funny such as this. They'll find SOME way to be offended by it.

Nick_Ninja
Sun May 21st, 2006, 05:47 PM
The best defense is a good offense.

rforsythe
Sun May 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
Well I know how [strike:87bcd3400c]you[/strike:87bcd3400c] those Focus on (Your Own Damn Family PLEASE) the Family people can be sometimes. Hypersenastive of the hypersensative when it comes to something that is outright funny such as this. They'll find SOME way to be offended by it.

The DaVinci Code and your post make baby Jesus cry! :cry:

:D

Vance
Sun May 21st, 2006, 06:14 PM

Good. That was my goal! :D

R1chie
Sun May 21st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Well I know how [strike:1d6ca779d5]you[/strike:1d6ca779d5] those Focus on (Your Own Damn Family PLEASE) the Family people can be sometimes. Hypersenastive of the hypersensative when it comes to something that is outright funny such as this. They'll find SOME way to be offended by it.

:D
The DaVinci Code caused quite a stir, worldwide even. Sci Fi Channel had a pretty good special on it.

Mel
Sun May 21st, 2006, 10:32 PM
You know what is really scaring me? This is like the third thread in the last few days where r1chie and Vance have been conversing nicely (and even sticking up for me). Has hell frozen over? :D

Teflon
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 02:05 AM
soooo an invisible guy in the sky created everything?

in our galaxy and solar system only? hey wait, does each galaxy have its own god?

I bet my dog's ass has its own god and sub universe that we just can't see with the human eye,

and before you complain, get over it,.,,,

R1chie
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 06:51 AM
You know what is really scaring me? This is like the third thread in the last few days where r1chie and Vance have been conversing nicely (and even sticking up for me). Has hell frozen over? :D

Vance and I have ALWAYS conversed nicely, where have you been? :lol:

My computer if left on for several billion years will eventually developed a set of instructions that allowed it to preserve itself and eventually become self mobile and getting energy all by itself through random chance. It will begin reproducing at some point and then start adapting all on its own. Where did this computer come from? Well it too took several billion years for all the parts to come together to make is. It is a simple device compared to an Amoeba which has locomotion, feeds itself, shape shifts, all in a small compact body. Now that I understand the nature of the universe, I can move on. :roll:

Because I have a painting of an artist who painted a picture of what he thought may have happened and the writings of another religion both came years after the event, I can say with some certainty that Jesus was married and if he wasn't, he was most certainly gay. :roll:

I think Morgan Freeman would make a better burning bush, he has already played the part in Bruce almighty. :D

Vance
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
I vote Bruce Campbell in the role of the burning bush/god.

Its the role he was born for... well... after Elvis in Bubba Ho-Tep

Vance
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 07:52 AM
soooo an invisible guy in the sky created everything?

in our galaxy and solar system only? hey wait, does each galaxy have its own god?

I bet my dog's ass has its own god and sub universe that we just can't see with the human eye,

and before you complain, get over it,.,,,

There's an amazing story by Asimov (oft considered his best ever) short story so even you ADD people might be able to read this one without getting distracted - called "The Last Question." I won't ruin it for you - but along this train of thought its well worth the read.

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 07:58 AM
INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

Vance
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 08:00 AM
INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

:D Nick knows where the story goes!

Teflon
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
yeah I have read my share of sci fi, Farmer wrote some good stuff too, its not all about asimov, there are OTHER sci writers out there. USA made a movie based on Riverworld by farmer, it was not too bad, low budget, but good.

Vance
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
yeah I have read my share of sci fi, Farmer wrote some good stuff too, its not all about asimov, there are OTHER sci writers out there. USA made a movie based on Riverworld by farmer, it was not too bad, low budget, but good.

By no means am I saying it is all about Asimov... just noting that story in particular in reference to this thread. Point in fact Asimov translates HORRIBLY onto screen. Philip K. Dick on the other hand... now that stuff is brilliant (when translated properly) for the big screen.