PDA

View Full Version : Chatterbox or other......

dallas
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
My wife has recently expressed an interest in riding passenger with me.

I was wondering how many people in here have experience with the Chatterbox or other communication devices and how many club members use them on rides if any?

If no one else uses them, I will just get the cheapy rider to passenger communicator, but if there are alot of others who use these systems, I may spring for the more spendy bike to bike model.

Thanks for your input!!

rybo
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
Dallas,

Give me a week or so to get moved in, I have a set of older communicators somewhere that install in helmets like the chatterbox. You're welcome to try them out. If you like them I'll sell them to you for a good price. They are wireless from unit to unit, so you should be able to use them bike to bike if you wanted, or on the same bike should be no problem.

Drop me a PM and we'll work out the details.

S

Lee
Mon May 22nd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Congratulations on your wife asking to ride with you. For my wife and I, 2 up riding is one of our favorite activities.

I investigated several systems and purchased an Autocom rider to passenger system. It is a helmet to helmet intercom system powered by our FJR's electrical system. The Autocom system was expensive but based on my research, their system appeared to offer the best noise cancellation technology.

Autocom also offers a rider to rider system. I highly recommend their products based upon our experience with them.

Lee