PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs dealers willingness to discount/deal??

george
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:14 AM
Hi All !

New guy here with a question about the dealers in Colorado Springs (Apex & Rocky Mtn Cycle Plaza).

In your experience, how willing are they to actually work a deal out? I've been to both and gotten from $200 to $400 off the price of a bike (new/used didn't seem to matter?). Seems low to me? For example, I asked about a 03 Cbr RR and was told that $8200 was the best they could do. I was also told black was a limited/special edition color - does Honda do limited edition colors?

Thanks!

George

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:27 AM
I picked up my 600rr at apex for 8000 out the door taxes and everything paid. I think don was my salesman and he worked hard to get me the bike. Rocky mountain didn't want to work with me at all on the price or anything. The all black bike could be considered a limited color because the 04 has a silver honda wing like the red one does this year. I don't think that should be used as the salesmans leverage to not drop the price of the bike. They are trying to play a game with you. Good luck with the game and keep us posted on what you do.

KooLaid
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:35 AM
I think the springs has the shittiest dealers I've EVER seen on selling bikes. ALOT more fight to get a deal here if at all. But from the people who do manage to weasel a good price, it's always been from Apex. I just wouldn't have them touch a dang thing on my bike. I had the WORST service experience with them

KooLaid
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:39 AM
The deal I got from my dealer back in california without even asking for anything special, just out right what's out the door price, I got quoted $7800 otd for the 600rr. So you should be able to get nearly the same. Do NOT pay more than retail out the door, and make sure they REALLY do pay for your taxes in the deal. Read over all the figures in the sales papers 3,4,5 times, even have an even more literate friend/spouse review it for you. I've heard of some shops not writing in taxes on the sales slip thinking they got a good deal.....till they showed up at the DMV. By the way, colorado has a CRAPPY way of doing this new car registration crap. Where I'm from, the dealer does all the work, taxes, documents, registration and all, I just wait 2 weeks and I get new plates and tags in the mail, never once set foot in the DMV.

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:50 AM
I heard the same thing about the taxes befor I bought the bike so I made sure all that was included and it was. When I went to the dmv my plates were 140 I think. I don't let any of the shops work on my bike. Would prefer to learn everything myself. So far so good.

KooLaid
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
se, that's the thing, you had to pay extra out of pocket when you went to the DMV, that should have been taken care of at the dealership in my opinion!

vroomnut
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Glad my situation with FM helped you out. Looks like I should have done some homework with the other dealerships in town before agreeing to get ripped off. Good luck with your deal. You'll love the bike.

george
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the info! I do agree that CO's approach to automotive revenue generation is wacked!

Vroomnut & Koolaid, thanks for the contract tips....I've been reading Vroomnut's FM post so I'm aware of how they dealt with you. I agree with you....not very customer focused.

So far, the top runner is the Honda CBR600 F4i...haven't had a chance yet to ride an RR, but want to. Next trip out. :D

george
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
Forgot to ask, but what would be a good deal? Say on a Honda CBR600 F4i?

I'm definitely keeping cosp600rr $8000 otd price in mind if I go that route.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

George

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:34 PM
I don't know if you have seen the new f4i or not but they changed it into more of a sport touring bike by adding a 1 piece banana seat to make it more comfy. I think they were trying to make it more of an all around bike then just a sport bike. They may have some of the 03 left though and might be able to get a smoken deal on one of those. Good luck on the search for a deal.

KooLaid
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:32 PM
if you get the F4i, get the 2002 or 2003. You should beable to land one in good condition for 6000 or less used. I'm not fond of the banana seat, so I can't say get the 2004 since I think it's HIDEOUS, and if you are going to buy new anyways, just drop the extra couple bills on the 600rr.

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
I would have to agree with koolaid on the new f4i. But som people like that sort of thing. I ride with a guy that has a katana and man that thing is ugly but he likes it so what can I say.

Wahooman
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Sun just sold a 600rr for $6795.00+tax, etc....brand new....you might try coming up to the denver area?? I know not many people are fans of CO powersports, but I bought by GSX-R 750 from them last week brand new and got it for $8400 otd.....seems like $8000 for the RR is high to me.
Just my 2cents ;)

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:44 PM
wahooman, was this someone that you know or just heard that. Howmuch were the taxes for that 600rr.

george
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:25 PM
I was planning on heading up to Sun tomorrow (Saturday) morning to see what they had. And now it's snowing.... ;) If it's not to bad, I'll still see about making it up to take a look. $6795 for the 600rr?! Sweet!! Was that the only one for that price or is that typical of what Sun would do? I'd be there for that! :D

cosp600rr
Fri Jan 2nd, 2004, 11:33 PM
Goerge, be careful of the afor mentioned taxesand other things the can add on to that, dealer prep, handling fees. I have heard that they can be pretty steep for these things. Ask lots and lots of questions. Good luck.

KooLaid
Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 04:24 AM
yeah, make sure OTD really does include ALL FEES, TAXES, LICENSE COSTS, ETC. They do things VERY different from california and a HUGE pain the butt. I don't think I'm gonna make any major purchases from here. It's too much my own time and extra cash to deal with the colorado DMV.

george
Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:30 PM
Well....didn't get a chance to hit Sun today due to snow and a rock delivery. But...I did get some additional pricing from Apex and it was much better, the 600RR was in your ballpack cosp600rr and the F4i was pretty good as well...now if they can just get more colors :D

I have taken a look at the new F4i and while I like split seat, the banana seat doesn't bother too much. ;)

Thanks for all the tips everybody!

If anyone know of a 01-03 F4i/RR that's being sold close to the Springs, I'd appreciate the tip!

Wahooman
Sat Jan 3rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
As for the $6795 the was for the bike only I believe. It was in the Rocky Mountain news in their ad, and then it was at the bike show in devner, but already sold. I know boulder has one there too, solid Yellow and looks bad ass. I got mine with 0.00 set up fees, just paid tax and delivery. Wherever you go, if you have money in hand or pre-approved for a loan you will have much more power to bargain. Also as the 04 bikes get closer to coming in it will even be easier, but don't take their crap on "we can't sell it for that low, we own it for that" They get money just for getting rid of it, and get there kickback from the manufacturer if it sells too....that is the way dealerships work, they need to sell them to keep there numbers up for the new bikes. Tell them you won't pay for setup etc....most will charge dealer delivery. Anyway, just thought I would let ya know...If you go to Boulder Powersports (colorado powersports) talk to you Randy or Gregg....let them know Curtis sent ya and see if they can help ya out.
Goodluck.....and big rule, be PATIENT....then you will get a good deal. They called me 6 times before I went back in to purchase the bike.