PDA

View Full Version : Slow Moving

Jason ON
Wed May 24th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Is it me or is the CSC site slow? I'm on Comcast Broadband and this is the only site I visit that loads like dial-up. Everytime I go into a opic, go to a forum or to another section within the site, send a PM... anything.

Does this happen for everyone? Is it a slow server? Or do I need to adjust a setting for this site.

By the way, I'm using Firefox which is usually faster to render a page than IE.

For example, even after typing this post, and watching some TV, the page still hasn't fully loaded. I don't have the "Submit" option yet and it's been at least 3 minutes.

Keyser Soze
Wed May 24th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Not the fastest site out there...but it shouldn't be that slow. I'm no computer guru...but I did stay in at a holiday in express last night.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed May 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM
He didn't ask you to go into all that rob...

oh yeah...didn't take more than 5 seconds to load on my pc.

Keyser Soze
Wed May 24th, 2006, 02:52 PM
He didn't ask you to go into all that rob...

oh yeah...didn't take more than 5 seconds to load on my pc.

If I wanted to hear from you, I'd rattle my zipper. So shut your caulk holster.

Mel
Wed May 24th, 2006, 03:02 PM
:spit: nice rob (and doctor)

Site loads just fine for me....

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed May 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Now that you've rattled the zipper...why in the world were you staying at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Keyser Soze
Wed May 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Ok..so maybe I didn't...so...yeah...

Stuart Little
Wed May 24th, 2006, 04:53 PM
loads just fine and in bout a min or less and I'm on a cellphone :P I attribute the slowness to rob's useless rants, raves and occassionally good videos :)

Spiderman
Wed May 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I'm no Mozilla expert, but it loads just fine for me in both IE and Firefox. I had some problems in IE when I had my temporary files settings set to reload everything on every visit to the page.

Maybe it's a problem with the carbon-based interface? :D

Jason ON
Wed May 24th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I'm no Mozilla expert, but it loads just fine for me in both IE and Firefox. I had some problems in IE when I had my temporary files settings set to reload everything on every visit to the page.

Maybe it's a problem with the carbon-based interface? :D

Could be. It seems to be working fairly quickly right now. It just seems slower than most other site's I've visit which is why I haven't participated much since I joined--too irritating.

rforsythe
Thu May 25th, 2006, 06:58 AM
It happens from time to time... *shrug* We're working on it, but mainly it's just the forum package making crappy database queries and slowing it down. Generally it's pretty fast though when the database can maintain its query cache.